Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Axwell wrote: »
    https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/30/17799724/ufc-frustrated-with-conor-mcgregor-media-blackout-selfish-attitude

Conor not agreeing to any media or press conferences - in one way it's good to see he is focused on the training. But there's nothing like a good McGregor press conference to draw the attention and see what he comes out with to get under the skin of the other fighter. Of course with a bigger pay out on the PPV hes also more focused on the money and this fight practically sells itself!

I thought that if UFC were to meet Conor's money demands, they would have in his contract that he would have to be on time to his press conferences. Never mind not even having media in his contract. He really does have the leverage and I'm sure he would have no problem going down the Floyd 2 / movie route when UFC well runs dry.

Would be very dissapointed if there wasn't one with him, Khabib, Tony and Pettis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

If I was McGregor, I'd have fight week packed with media events for himself and Khabib, considering Khabib's issues with weight cutting. Throw him off his routine as much as possible.

At the time of the UFC 200 debacle, Conor made it clear he wanted less disruptions to his camp and specifically didn't want to do little scutty radio shows. People thought he lost that argument when he was kicked of 200 but it's obvious he got his way in the long run. Once his camp is done I expect him to notch it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Ariel said yesterday I think it was, that he has heard that press conference will be in NY soon enough.

Conor is expected to move to Vegas to finish his camp and stop in NY to do the presser

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Should just get Tony McG to do his media in the interim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Ariel said yesterday I think it was, that he has heard that press conference will be in NY soon enough.

Conor is expected to move to Vegas to finish his camp and stop in NY to do the presser

As of yet he hasnt agreed to it. So how the heck does ariel know

As of yet he hasnt agreed to it. So how the heck does ariel know

How do we know he hasn’t agreed to it?

One MMA journalist says he hasn’t another says he has heard presser set up for NY!

How do we know he hasn’t agreed to it?

One MMA journalist says he hasn’t another says he has heard presser set up for NY!

Because he said himself 18 months he wouldnt be doing the pressers like before.

Oh well then, if he said it 18 months ago then he defo must not be doing pressers!

Conor says a lot of things. I think it would be naive of people to think he’s not going to do any press work for this. Despite it being a distraction, it’s still in his interest to do some more promotion.

Oh well then, if he said it 18 months ago then he defo must not be doing pressers!

Conor says a lot of things. I think it would be naive of people to think he’s not going to do any press work for this. Despite it being a distraction, it’s still in his interest to do some more promotion.

Nobody is sayings not at all. He wont while in camp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Wasn't is 22 months ago he announced his retirement?

Nobody is sayings not at all. He wont while in camp

The point I was making is that nobody knows for sure and your rationale that he hasn’t agreed to do a presser in NY because of something he said nearly 2 years ago is flawed.

Effects wrote: »
    Wasn't is 22 months ago he announced his retirement?

and took it back 22 minutes later. Has he said he will do media?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

and took it back 22 minutes later. Has he said he will do media?

What he said was that he wouldn't be doing world tours again (a la Aldo/Mendes) not that he wouldn't be doing any media at all. That didn't stop him for the Mayweather fight.

If he is flying to Vegas via NY it is no major hassle to stop off for a few hours, or a night, and do a press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

its a great pic to post... But it does make you think, me anyway, that this was a response to McGregor saying basically he doesn´t give a fcuk about Mayweather... in a fight in the street Mcg would win, in a heartbeat..

I'm probably not explaining myself well... it's either the start of a big drama for an octagon fight, or McGregor is showing that he doesn´t give a fcuk that he lost in the ring, but knows he could take Mayweather in any other forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

its a great pic to post... But it does make you think, me anyway, that this was a response to McGregor saying basically he doesn´t give a fcuk about Mayweather... in a fight in the street Mcg would win, in a heartbeat..

I'm probably not explaining myself well... it's either the start of a big drama for an octagon fight, or McGregor is showing that he doesn´t give a fcuk that he lost in the ring, but knows he could take Mayweather in any other forum.

Well it's cross promotion, a win-win for mayweather. The more eyes on conor while mayweather is doing nothing the better assuming floyd wants to dance again $$$ if not he gets an ego boost having eyes on him

I'm probably not explaining myself well... it's either the start of a big drama for an octagon fight

Why do people think this is going to ever happen? It's ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Im sure ive heard this somewhere before..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'm probably not explaining myself well... it's either the start of a big drama for an octagon fight

Someone will counteract this with 'they said that about the boxing match'

the difference with the boxing match and the potential MMA fight is McGregor was always going to be able to play the "i'd kill you in a real fight" card.

If Floyd was stupid enough to go into MMA he'd be finished within a minute and would come out of it looking very weak.

Also I can't believe I keep getting roped into Mayweather vs McGregor chats ffs

thebull85 wrote: »
    Im sure ive heard this somewhere before..

Except no one ever said there was even a slim chance of Floyd fighting with MMA rules.

• Advertisement

Except no one ever said there was even a slim chance of Floyd fighting with MMA rules.
    I think there's a chance - better than slim but worse than 50/50 - of Floyd fighting in the Octagon with fists-only modified rules.

However i'm not sure if modified rules can be sanctioned (?) so perhaps it would indeed technically be under MMA rules albeit with some outside legal agreement to exclude kicks etc.

In the very early days of the Mayweather McGregor rumours, there's video of Dana saying "punches, kicks, knees, elbows. We can start the negotiations there and add or subtract". So at one point he was open to a modified rules fight and he was presumably thinking of it ocurring within the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

He should really learn to spell before he tries firing shots at conor , and the date he posted it on was thursday not wednesday , and conor not connor

What a complete tool

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

50 Cent, is that you?

:pac:

In the very early days of the Mayweather McGregor rumours, there's video of Dana saying "punches, kicks, knees, elbows. We can start the negotiations there and add or subtract". So at one point he was open to a modified rules fight and he was presumably thinking of it ocurring within the UFC.

Except Floyd never would have gone for that so it's a bit of a mute point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭cletus

[pedantism]moot point. A debatable question, an issue open to argument; also, an irrelevant question, a matter of no importance.[/pedantism]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

He should really learn to spell before he tries firing shots at conor , and the date he posted it on was thursday not wednesday , and conor not connor

What a complete tool

One of the "top mma journos" called him MacGregor in a tweet the other day. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

What a complete tool

Hmmmm I’d take his lack of spelling intelligence for some of his prize money

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone seen these rumours flying around about Conor refusing to do media stuff for the fight? Real bummer if so, I for one want to see acrimonious pressers :D

Shows how far things have come since 200 though, if Conor is now able to call some of the shots on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I thought that if UFC were to meet Conor's money demands, they would have in his contract that he would have to be on time to his press conferences.

Why would they? The banter and hilarity which accompanies his late arrivals is golden for them. Think how boring the 205 presser would have been if Conor and Alvarez had just arrived on time together without any off-storming, belt-stealing, chair-throwing-threatening antics :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

hunter164 wrote: »
    Hmmmm I’d take his lack of spelling intelligence for some of his prize money

Also a great way to wind up McGregor misspelling his name :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement