Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really wanna unfollow this thread, but really want to be kept in formed of actual news leading up to this actual fight.

Can't fvcking believe people are still discussing the "fight" with Money Mayweather. Jesus I wished I could scrub it from my memory immediately after it finished. If I was still thinking about it this far after I'd seek psychological help.

Totally agree.

Mcgregor fanboys are some of the most delusional fans i have ever come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Diaz 2 Connor Wallace was in the corner as well wasn't he? think in the place of Sergei.

Remember one of the SBG stalwarts (can't remember his name) posted on Instagram about how he was made up to be in the corner or similar and then the team changed the plan at the last minute for Wallace to come in.

Is this the first UFC fight Khabib will have his dad in the corner?

Diaz 2 was kavanagh, roddy, dillon and conor wallace.

At no point during Floyds 50th fight against a novice was he "struggling"

1:26 of the 5th round shows that he was struggling. If you feel the need to stomp the ground to try get a reaction out of your opponent, still have to pull your punch and get hurt with a bodyshot counter, you are struggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

5MVr.gif

5MVr.gif

Do you know where the unsubscribe button is? This isn't a news thread anyway. If you want news check news sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

spix wrote: »
    Would you still consider it a novelty fight if mcgregor mangaged to get more power into that uppercut in the first round and knocked him unconscious :confused:

But that didn't happen. And yeah, it'd still be a novelty fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

So Rose is claiming ptsd after bus incident now. She will soon launch a claim in civil courts i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    So Rose is claiming ptsd after bus incident now. She will soon launch a claim in civil courts i reckon.

Poor woman can't leave her house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Don't hate the player hate the game. Stuff like that was inevitable after his brain dead actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

dulux99 wrote: »
    Don't hate the player hate the game. Stuff like that was inevitable after his brain dead actions.

It was a broken window, she was told a few times it was conor before he broke it. She fought the following day. Her comparing it to the 911 terrorist attacks is just stupid. Judge should fine her for the cheek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Can you even bring a court case against someone from a different continent. McGregor can quite easily just never go back to the States, and there is not a whole lot that can be done about it. Warrants are basically for international criminals and more often than not don't work out.

Also, don't know how many PPV fights he even has left, but they can have an early morning UK show easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Can you even bring a court case against someone from a different continent. McGregor can quite easily just never go back to the States, and there is not a whole lot that can be done about it. Warrants are basically for international criminals and more often than not don't work out.

Also, don't know how many PPV fights he even has left, but they can have an early morning UK show easily enough.

The payoff would be cosiderably less that what not returning to the states would cost him.

It was a broken window, she was told a few times it was conor before he broke it. She fought the following day. Her comparing it to the 911 terrorist attacks is just stupid. Judge should fine her for the cheek.

Yeah she fought the following day, she's claiming to have post traumatic stress disorder. PTSD doesn't kick in the following day.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah she fought the following day, she's claiming to have post traumatic stress disorder. PTSB doesn't kick in the following day.

Doesn't leave her house? https://www.instagram.com/rosenamajunas/

You mean PT BS cause its obviously BS that her management are keeping up since they know mcgregor will have lots of extra cash soon.

Doesn't leave her house? https://www.instagram.com/rosenamajunas/

You mean PT BS cause its obviously BS that her management are keeping up since they know mcgregor will have lots of extra cash soon.

Here lad I'm not her lawyer nor her psychiatrist. I didn't even see the thing where she said she couldn't leave the hoise. I'm just being realistic. Compo culture, if there's a claim to be made then people will claim. That's life. Mcgregor can only blame himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It'll be settled out of court I'd say, in nobody's interest to have it drawn out. It all affecting her potential earnings will undoubtedly be what they'll be claiming and in America you don't have to prove that to the degree you would most elsewhere.

His lawyer must be facepalming over his recent 'quivering coward' tweet as that gives what he did a context I'm sure they'd be trying to deny existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Would you still consider it a novelty fight if mcgregor mangaged to get more power into that uppercut in the first round and knocked him unconscious :confused:

he didn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Not sure many saying he wasnt stupid in his actions not sure there was enough to claim ptsd for me however everyone is different maybe she has been affected.

She hasnt yet asked for anything as far as we know. Interesting to see when borg and thr other buck get a case on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Not sure many saying he wasnt stupid in his actions not sure there was enough to claim ptsd for me however everyone is different maybe she has been affected.

She hasnt yet asked for anything as far as we know. Interesting to see when borg and thr other buck get a case on the go.

Seeing as you weren't on the bus, there's no way to say how you would be affected.

Everyone knows how they think they'll react, but the strong can crumble, and the meek stand up.

Having said that, if there was one person I expected to suffer PTSD, it was Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Seeing as you weren't on the bus, there's no way to say how you would be affected.

Everyone knows how they think they'll react, but the strong can crumble, and the meek stand up.

Having said that, if there was one person I expected to suffer PTSD, it was Rose.

Nobody gets ptsd on a bus hit by a trolly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I was hit by a bus back in January and still manage to leave the house when I need to. It's all about dolla dolla

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'm pretty sure Rose has not said any of this. Was it not her coach who mentioned it?

Person who gets voluntarily locked into a cage and fight against another human for a living gets PTSD from a dolly being thrown at a bus. It's hard to believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Rose has not said any of this. Was it not her coach who mentioned it?

Person who gets voluntarily locked into a cage and fight against another human for a living gets PTSD from a dolly being thrown at a bus. It's hard to believe!

My knowledge of her is based on interviews and embeddeds etc. Even long from JRE interviews where you do get a better feel for a person than 20 mins on the MMA hour, but she seems a very delicate sweet person.

He coach said it and the vitriol posted from that was pretty grim. It's a bit poor form he said it knowing how toxic people can be online about things like this, and how sensitive a person she seems.

Maybe she's just seen $$$ 9r maybe she's got PTSD. maybe a little column A AND a little column B.

The pressure to step in the cage financially will have been huge as well as the likes of Dana and her corner pressuring her etc etc. The fact she did step up doesn't automatically mean any claims are BS.

She also seems quite damaged - I don't know her obviously so its conjecture. With suggestions about abuse as a child. She has the service dog and hinted towards that herself when explaining why she has the pup in an embedded.

Her relationship with Pat Barry is a bit uneasy when you work back the dates with them as well.

But yeah Conor McGregor or not. A guy seemingly out of his senses throwing a massive object at a bus you're sat on is scary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Is Conor moving his camp over to Vegas anytime around now?

Doesn't appear so as Dashon posted the following earlier today on Instagram:
    I'm Going Going Back Back to Ireland Ireland!!!! Looking forward to the Boxing/Wrestling Rounds brother @thenotoriousmma No love lost in these sessions, Just straight #Lionsden animals giving it their all with one task ahead....Khabib must suffer at the hands of the real Champ!!! HE WILL FALL!!! From the mountains of Big Bear to the land of Ireland, see you soon bro its work time!!!

He was sparring with GGG in California two days ago and so would doubt he'd fly all the way here if McGregor was headed to Vegas anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Nobody gets ptsd on a bus hit by a trolly

Bang on.

She’s on the record speaking about her tough upbringing and violence in her past. And this is what gives her PTSD??

Pull the other one love.

Complete spoofer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I see the armchair psychologists still post here regularly.

Should the thread name be changed?? Conor McGregor/Budding Psychology’s thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

John_D80 wrote: »
    Bang on.

She’s on the record speaking about her tough upbringing and violence in her past. And this is what gives her PTSD??

Maybe her tough upbringing is part of the reason she was affected from being attacked by a mob of psychos?

I see the armchair psychologists still post here regularly.

Should the thread name be changed?? Conor McGregor/Budding Psychology’s thread.

Good one :rolleyes:

My knowledge of her is based on interviews and embeddeds etc. Even long from JRE interviews where you do get a better feel for a person than 20 mins on the MMA hour, but she seems a very delicate sweet person.

He coach said it and the vitriol posted from that was pretty grim. It's a bit poor form he said it knowing how toxic people can be online about things like this, and how sensitive a person she seems.

Maybe she's just seen $$$ 9r maybe she's got PTSD. maybe a little column A AND a little column B.

The pressure to step in the cage financially will have been huge as well as the likes of Dana and her corner pressuring her etc etc. The fact she did step up doesn't automatically mean any claims are BS.

She also seems quite damaged - I don't know her obviously so its conjecture. With suggestions about abuse as a child. She has the service dog and hinted towards that herself when explaining why she has the pup in an embedded.

Her relationship with Pat Barry is a bit uneasy when you work back the dates with them as well.

But yeah Conor McGregor or not. A guy seemingly out of his senses throwing a massive object at a bus you're sat on is scary

Yeah I agree with you man, she has definitely had issues throughout her life and does come across as a sweet, somewhat innocent but troubled young woman. I remember reports of her being extremely upset after the incident and almost not fighting on the card.

Her coach was out of order to bring it up anyway if he didn't have her permission, but I find it hard to believe this bus incident has made her fearful of leaving her home. If it had I feel terrible sorry for her and it is another traumatic incident in her already tough life/upbringing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Effects wrote: »
    Maybe her tough upbringing is part of the reason she was affected from being attacked by a mob of psychos?

I know people won't care but a quick Google about PTSD from traumatic events and how a smell, sound, gang of screaming lunatics attack your bus, etc can trigger the fear from those original events. Symptoms can be immediate or happen days, weeks or months later. MMA is controlled voilence. It's the things that happen out of your control can trigger PTSD. Mental illness sucks and it's made worse when people dismiss it as 'ah she looks grand'.

Also, everyone on that bus deserves Conor dollars.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement