Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

That's not what was said. :confused:

Also McGregor threw a thigh kick.

Not first punch, that's for sure.

First punch didn't land so doesn't count
    It was a 1 punch knock out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Sweet Jesus...

Anyway, before 228 tonight I think I'm going to rewatch the Alvarez fight, what a masterclass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

First punch didn't land so doesn't count
    It was a 1 punch knock out
    Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anyone see the video of him in the city center the other night getting pulled into the Jeep by a lass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

akelly02 wrote: »
    Anyone see the video of him in the city center the other night getting pulled into the Jeep by a lass?

that is not recent his beard was much shorter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

akelly02 wrote: »

Did he knock her out with the first punch or in the first exchange?

cliggg wrote: »

Guess you missed this

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads enough of the juvenile nonsense. Start having some proper discussion or just do everyone a favour and don't post at all if you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Hi guys,

Whats the best way to watch ufc fights live? Apologies if it has been said before but I was hoping to watch this fight along with Woodley v Till but I don't have BT sports and Ufc are telling me access is not available in my region. I don't like watching them out in bars etc either. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I’d say he knocked her out with his schlong on their very first exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The thread will improve when Conor has a fight booked they said...
    It’ll all be different they said...

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

I don't think it'll be 8 weeks for McGregor, he'll have known the date idea wayyy in advance and working towards that

spix wrote: »
    Guess you missed this
    I did actually. I wasn't trying to have a go at you (or anyone else for that matter) I just thought it was funny so I posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hi guys,

Whats the best way to watch ufc fights live? Apologies if it has been said before but I was hoping to watch this fight along with Woodley v Till but I don't have BT sports and Ufc are telling me access is not available in my region. I don't like watching them out in bars etc either. Thanks

Aside from illegal streams, the easiest way in Ireland is to sign up to the eir Sport pack.

You get eir Sport free with eir Broadband (via app & website) so this is handy if you don't have a Sky box. It also comes with a variety of their mobile phone packages, but you can only watch these on your mobile device.

eir are losing the rights to UFC shortly after the McGregor fight, and likely moving to Eleven Sports which is an online streaming platform with a soon-to-come TV channel on Sky Digital (and probably Virgin etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Duff

Some shīte in this thread, lads. Anyway, just re-watched all his fights from Buchinger to Alvarez and I'm absolutely hyped again. His movement and angles he manages to find when he's fighting backwards is a sight to behold. Might be the nostalgic fanboy in me, but I can genuinely see Khabib going for a nap in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ChrisM

Duff wrote: »
    Some shīte in this thread, lads. Anyway, just re-watched all his fights from Buchinger to Alvarez and I'm absolutely hyped again. His movement and angles he manages to find when he's fighting backwards is a sight to behold. Might be the nostalgic fanboy in me, but I can genuinely see Khabib going for a nap in the first round.

I have a niggling feeling Khabib will be able to eat McGregors best shots, the bonce on him. Has he ever been legit hurt in a fight?

I don't believe Johnson wobbled him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Duff

ChrisM wrote: »
    I have a niggling feeling Khabib will be able to eat McGregors best shots, the bonce on him. Has he ever been legit hurt in a fight?

I don't believe Johnson wobbled him at all.

The Johnson smack was hyperbole but he was shaken from it IMO, but I see where you're coming from. I just think Conor has one of those hands that just stuns fighters though. Except for Diaz 'cus I think he actually enjoys getting milled in the face :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

ASOT wrote: »

He looks in great shape, I honestly think he'll run through Khabib with ease

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Hey guys, I missed a few pages. But conor looks like the real deal right now. Check out his Instagram.. I can't post a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

think khabib is over hyped and has fought alot of nobodies really , very padded record
    think this will be early second stopage - much like alverez fight
    he was basically handed a lightweight title
    conor was handed a shot at the lightweight title , and beat the then champ easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Khabib won't make it for whatever reason and he'll fight Ferguson for an interim.......they call me mystic sonofenoch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Khabib at this point is comparable to Till imo.

He's fought one top five guy in barboza, albeit a lot more dominant than Till v Wonderboy, but at the same time there's levels to it, and Conor is both more dangerous with his hands than Barboza and has better take down defence.

If Khabib gets the win, fair play, but still very unproven at the elite level for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

think hes getting pushed alot to try tap into the huge market he could bring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

sc86 wrote: »
    think hes getting pushed alot to try tap into the huge market he could bring

Im on the fence about this , in fairness he has mauled anybody he’s faced , but barboza isnt conor , part of me feels he will take the shots like diaz and part of me thinks he will be slept easy , joys of the ufc

Khabib is only 11-0 in ufc , and 15-0 against teabags , still 26-0 regardless , just hope conor smokes him like alvarez

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Im on the fence about this , in fairness he has mauled anybody he’s faced , but barboza isnt conor , part of me feels he will take the shots like diaz and part of me thinks he will be slept easy , joys of the ufc

Khabib is only 11-0 in ufc , and 15-0 against teabags , still 26-0 regardless , just hope conor smokes him like alvarez

Aye sheer ton of lads going 11-0 in the ufc, only 11-0 ffs some people

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hey guys, I missed a few pages. But conor looks like the real deal right now. Check out his Instagram.. I can't post a pic.

Just noticed this comment and thought it not very appropriate in the context of Carvalho:
      "If he dies, he dies then I’m paid twice."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXQelFAzFs/?hl=en

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Just noticed this comment and thought it not very appropriate in the context of Carvalho:
    • "If he dies, he dies then I’m paid twice."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXQelFAzFs/?hl=en

He's about to get locked in a cage with another man in a few weeks time, just trying to get himself in the right mindset/advertise the fight. Don't look into it too much especially since it is a well known movie reference.

The official promo for UFC 229

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The official promo for UFC 229

giphy.gif

This is epic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Buddy working for a drinks distributor told me they just got in Mcgregors whiskey "Proper No. Twelve". About to hit the market any day,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement