Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

rob316 wrote: »
    Buddy working for a drinks distributor told me they just got in Mcgregors whiskey "Proper No. Twelve". About to hit the market any day,

It's called 'proper no 12'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Buddy working for a drinks distributor told me they just got in Mcgregors whiskey "Proper No. Twelve". About to hit the market any day,

https://sipwhiskey.com/product/proper-twelve-irish-whiskey/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Alvarez fight is up, good lord he picked him apart!

I wonder which distillery he paid to let him bottle their whiskey?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

VW 1 wrote: »
    Khabib at this point is comparable to Till imo.

He's fought one top five guy in barboza, albeit a lot more dominant than Till v Wonderboy, but at the same time there's levels to it, and Conor is both more dangerous with his hands than Barboza and has better take down defence.

If Khabib gets the win, fair play, but still very unproven at the elite level for me.
    He also beat RDA and mauled Johnson

Strangely he doesn't seem to get as much credit as he should for that fight,
    I don't think iv seen another challenger make a champion look so so bad ,It's happened with flash ko's but Conor made Eddie look like someone who'd never fought before he was levels above him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Strangely he doesn't seem to get as much credit as he should for that fight,
    I don't think iv seen another challenger make a champion look so so bad ,It's happened with flash ko's but Conor made Eddie look like someone who'd never fought before he was levels above him

Yeah, absolutely brilliant performance from McGregor. He made it look easy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've watched that fight more than any other. It's such a composed performance.

Has to be his best ever performance, no one has ever made Eddie look that bad and no one has ever managed it since,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

He also beat RDA and mauled Johnson

Alvarez mauled RDA. McGregor made Alvarez look like a novice.

Nate Diaz slapped Johnson around for three rounds. McGregor has dropped Diaz numerous, numerous times.

I love MMA math.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Whelo79 wrote: »

Thats it.

No idea of what price it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Alvarez mauled RDA. McGregor made Alvarez look like a novice.

Nate Diaz slapped Johnson around for three rounds. McGregor has dropped Diaz numerous, numerous times.

I love MMA math.

RDA struggled with his weight cut and apparently collapsed before that fight, he definitely wasn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

I do think Alvarez's toughness was partly what made the fight look so easy.

He never recovered from the first knock down and was knackered from there on in. Just his complete senses gone, circling into Conors left etc. Plenty fighters wouldn't have got up from that, but him so confused carrying on made it look so easy.

It was Conor landing that put Eddie in that state though from one shot mind

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

I get the feeling that Khabibs manager Ali is gonna try and make himself part of the story pre fight with some big event/scrap at media days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Any new promos out? Bit odd that I think iv only seen two for this fight. Usually you'd see a load of good ones out for one of his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Anyone know who the dude in the crowd they cut to looking unimpressed with Conor winning is? I get the feeling I should know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's called 'proper no 12'?

I can just imagine McGregor doing a tasting, putting away the shots, and then going: "yeah, that's it, no.12. Proper no.12." lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Thats it.

No idea of what price it is.

$24.99 and you can have it gift wrapped for only $9.99 extra. At those prices you would be a fool not to get it wrapped twice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Proper Number Twelve*, although at 25 quid I'd buy a bottle, for the craic

(*aged for three years...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Anyone know who the dude in the crowd they cut to looking unimpressed with Conor winning is? I get the feeling I should know him.

Think its Odell Beckham Jr. Plays for the New York Giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Legend_DIT wrote: »

Dunno but i think its ellie goulding beside him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

It was Beckham. Not sure why he looked pissed that McGregor won - he hung out with him after the fight.

J9O9zfzl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

He was just doing a pose for the camera, I think he said after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The OBJ thing is an example of how people have to be careful when posting still images of live sorting events as "evidence" of anything. Poster above saw it as him looking pissed off. I remember watching it live and my impression was that it was him expressing disbelief at just how good McGregor was and how easily he'd beaten him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I see Micheal Chiesa is officially suing both McGregor and the Barclays Centre. Claiming for physical injury, loss of earnings and emotional and psychological distress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I see Micheal Chiesa is officially suing both McGregor and the Barclays Centre. Claiming for physical injury, loss of earnings and emotional and psychological distress.

Fair play to him, he would be mad not to do it.

Mike needs to get paid big time. I know shoulda coulda woulda might not hold up in court but if that trolley went clean through the window instead of hitting the frame, then Mike would be in a bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Mike needs to get paid big time. I know shoulda coulda woulda might not hold up in court but if that trolley went clean through the window instead of hitting the frame, then Mike would be in a bad way.

What's the odds Chiesa will be a Bellator fighter post-settlement? Not necessarily a bad thing, but still...

What's the odds Chiesa will be a Bellator fighter post-settlement? Not necessarily a bad thing, but still...

If he does, he'll probably still get more money from the Lawsuit than what UFC would pay him for his time remaining there anyway.

I wonder if this means Conor will be summoned while in the US, in the middle of his camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

If the dolly had gone through and hit him and he was in a bad way, he'd need to get paid big time.

It didnt, he wasnt, and he doesnt.

He should get paid compensation for his injuries and missing the fight.

I could get knocked down by a bus on my way home from work and hurt my arm, doesn't mean I need to be compensated to a high level because it could be possibly have been a life threatening interaction.

Though we are speaking about America, so no doubt they will come to an out of court settlement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

I wonder if this means Conor will be summoned while in the US, in the middle of his camp?

Little to no chance of this going to court, it will be a settlement payment out of court.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement