Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I wonder will there be a wave of 2nd round claimants if the first couple do well out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Even accounting for settlements, this is still a profitable move for McG and company. And everyone else too. Doubtless Conor factored this outlay into his negotiation moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The most surreal part of this "dolly" fiasco for me is hearing, on more than one occasion, an Irish person say "dolly" to describe a handtruck. It doesn't sit well with our accents. Please stop doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Can anyone remember the Fight Lesnar V ?

He rolled the guy for first 2 mins and then from a crazy guard the guy pulled a foot lock.

Who was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Commanchie wrote:
    Who was it?

Frank Mir !! Caught him with an ankle lock after being smashed if memory serves

• Advertisement

ianob7 wrote: »

Your on the button Mir. I was thinking while driving home from work couldnt put a face on it. Lesnar was on top for 2 mins and Mir was on his back and tied up the legs and forced the Foot lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

dulux99 wrote: »
    The most surreal part of this "dolly" fiasco for me is hearing, on more than one occasion, an Irish person say "dolly" to describe a handtruck. It doesn't sit well with our accents. Please stop doing it.

dolly??? handtruck???

I've only ever heard Irish people say trolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Commanchie wrote: »

Your on the button Mir. I was thinking while driving home from work couldnt put a face on it. Lesnar was on top for 2 mins and Mir was on his back and tied up the legs and forced the Foot lock.
    Your forgetting the vital part, Lesnar was pounding Mir until Steve Mazzagatti said he strikeed him on the back of the head (he did but Mir turned not Brocks fault ) and stopped him for a point deduction , it was only when they resumed  Mir had the time to clear his head and the time to think about the ankle lock ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Wait it was a handtruck?? This whole time I thought he threw Dolly Parton at the bus!! :eek:

Your forgetting the vital part, Lesnar was pounding Mir until Steve Mazzagatti said he strikeed him on the back of the head (he did but Mir turned not Brocks fault ) and stopped him for a point deduction , it was only when they resumed  Mir had the time to clear his head and the time to think about the ankle lock ,

No there was a period after the deduction that Brock was still controlling the fight.

• Advertisement

Your forgetting the vital part, Lesnar was pounding Mir until Steve Mazzagatti said he strikeed him on the back of the head (he did but Mir turned not Brocks fault ) and stopped him for a point deduction , it was only when they resumed Mir had the time to clear his head and the time to think about the ankle lock ,

Must watch again as I don't recall them being reset in that fight !!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Has anyone else noticed, this is the only camp in the last 4-6 fights that he hasn't spent the entire camp in the states??

4 weeks out now, and he's still training in SBG?

No they were, But brock controlled again. he took him down aagin and stood up over him but then Mir tied up the legs back of the knee and brought brock around after attemptinng an arm bar.

Your forgetting the vital part, Lesnar was pounding Mir until Steve Mazzagatti said he strikeed him on the back of the head (he did but Mir turned not Brocks fault ) and stopped him for a point deduction , it was only when they resumed Mir had the time to clear his head and the time to think about the ankle lock ,

Not reset in the same position , they restarted on the feet and Brock took him down again ,
    Lead to the great clip of Brock saying he'd knock Steve tash clean off his face  if he ever seen him again haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eeloe wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed, this is the only camp in the last 4-6 fights that he hasn't spent the entire camp in the states??

For the 205 fight he only went to the states 1 week before the fight if I recall correctly.

eeloe wrote: »

Only went to the US to make the media easier ,
    Word is no Media because he doesn't need the extra 200k or whatever it will make him from PPV buys, and he is determined to make Khabib no extra cash, Basically let Khabib do media if he wants the red panty night money ,

Whats people general predictions of the fight?

Im so drawn on 2 conclusions of stark contrasts-

1) Conor inside 1 TKO
    2) Khabib Decision.

Khabib by RNC
    but Conor by TKO would not durprise me ,

Khabib by RNC
    but Conor by TKO would not durprise me ,

I think with everything that has gone on, Khabib will try keep him down for 5 rounds and hurt Conor.

Conor will be no doubt working on Khabibs coming forward and look to starch him to avoid bringing it onto the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Only went to the US to make the media easier

So no need to acclimatise to the time zone or heat?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wonder if this means Conor will be summoned while in the US, in the middle of his camp?

Zero chance.

Commanchie wrote: »
    Whats people general predictions of the fight?

Im so drawn on 2 conclusions of stark contrasts-

1) Conor inside 1 TKO
    2) Khabib Decision.

1) Conor TKO in the early rounds. if it goes past the midway point of round 3, fatigue will set in i'd say.

2) Khabib with a submission

There'll be no decision....they both want it. this won't be Woodly-Wonderboy 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Conor by Submission.

Mark. My. Words.

Effects wrote: »
    Only went to the US to make the media easier

So no need to acclimatise to the time zone or heat?
    Time zone isn't much of a problem if your traveling West, fight week is enough ,
    Heat isn't really a factor its in the most aircon friendly place in the world, Area will be like nay other major sports Area

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Conor by Submission.

Mark. My. Words.

i struggle to see this happening....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Kissy Lips wrote: »

dolly??? handtruck???

I've only ever heard Irish people say trolly.
    It's a porter's trolley ffs.

It's a porter's trolley ffs.

Hand trolley ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I don't like to link to The Sun but this just made me laugh so much. I don't really know how else to react to Tony.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/3103220/conor-mcgregors-dad-tony-dart-tickets-lucozade-zero/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What an absolute hero. G'wan Tony ya ***in' ledge.

• Advertisement

Almost didn't recognise Tony without his shades on indoors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement