Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Effects wrote: »
    So no need to acclimatise to the time zone or heat?

When Conor flies from Ireland to the States he'll be gaining time. Time zones only affect you when you lose time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd have thought they just affect you more when you lose time.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    When Conor flies from Ireland to the States he'll be gaining time. Time zones only affect you when you lose time.
    Jetlag occurs both ways.

It's worse travelling East - takes longer to adjust. You still get it going West, just not as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

eeloe wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed, this is the only camp in the last 4-6 fights that he hasn't spent the entire camp in the states??

4 weeks out now, and he's still training in SBG?
    Only went to the US to make the media easier ,
    Word is no Media because he doesn't need the extra 200k or whatever it will make him from PPV buys, and he is determined to make Khabib no extra cash, Basically let Khabib do media if he wants the red panty night money ,

Thats interesting. I thought the PPV $ % given ratchets up the more PPVs sold.

But then again he's sitting on $60m or so in the bank right now and he's presumably negotiated huge show money. The extra $1-3m or so he'll get if it sells 1.6m PPVs over 2m PPVs isn't really that big a deal to him, or isn't in comparison to Khabib.

His sugar daddy dictator is in trouble as well isn't he.

But yeah be interesting if Conor goes all stoic himself at the pressers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm not so sure. I've went to Vegas before and felt ****ed up waking up at 5am etc

Coming home from Asia twice screwed me up too. Would often just pass out on the sofa snoring my head off during the day until a couple of days later. Going to bed at 8/9pm etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    dolly??? handtruck???

I've only ever heard Irish people say trolly.

What?! Personally, I've always called it a hand drolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

That bike is seriously nice

That bike is seriously nice

Nick Diaz wouldn't be caught dead on a bike like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

We've seen a single still image analysed and for 3 days last week, can't wait for the breakdown of that video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Nick Diaz wouldn't be caught dead on a bike like that.

It's not a tri bike.

https://youtu.be/5XugSX9WBO8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

We've seen a single still image analysed and for 3 days last week, can't wait for the breakdown of that video

The only parts that matter

Dillon Danis got his head smashed into the ground
    Khabibs Spy named Ayub got dropped twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The conspiracy theorists are out in force on reddit anyway. They reckon his hairstyle and beard are different sizes at in various shots and it looks like at least 2 different buildings they are in. Mostly old footage is what they have quickly convinced themselves of and anyone who suggests differently should in their words "get off Conners nuts". They spend so much time coming up with excuses to hate him that they never learn to spell his name correctly...:rolleyes:

It's not a tri bike.

https://youtu.be/5XugSX9WBO8

Who said it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

cliggg wrote: »
    The conspiracy theorists are out in force on reddit anyway. They reckon his hairstyle and beard are different sizes at in various shots and it looks like at least 2 different buildings they are in. Mostly old footage is what they have quickly convinced themselves of and anyone who suggests differently should in their words "get off Conners nuts". They spend so much time coming up with excuses to hate him that they never learn to spell his name correctly...:rolleyes:
    They've obviously never heard of seperate grappling and striking mats so if they think it's two different buildings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Jetlag occurs both ways.

It's worse travelling East - takes longer to adjust. You still get it going West, just not as bad.
    This is true ,
    You need one day per time zone travelling west to regain your natural sleep rhythm , You need 1.5 days per time when travelling East to regain it,
    I'm sure Conor is well aware of this ,

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Tazzimus wrote: »
    They've obviously never heard of seperate grappling and striking mats so if they think it's two different buildings :)
    Did they also not acquire a second building behind the SGB gym and kit it out with boxing gear for the Mayweather camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

spix wrote: »
    The only parts that matter

Dillon Danis got his head smashed into the ground
    Khabibs Spy named Ayub got dropped twice

Ayub lol

Tazzimus wrote: »
    They probably are aware of that but logic doesn't fit the narrative for these lads so it gets ignored. :pac:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Did they also not acquire a second building behind the SGB gym and kit it out with boxing gear for the Mayweather camp.
    They rented that off the guy that owns the business park but I'm not sure if they still use it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They rented that off the guy that owns the business park but I'm not sure if they still use it now.

I think they were going to use it as an extension to the existing facility or at least that was one of the plans for it.

One thing I did notice from the video is some quick sprawls and single leg defense.

I think they were going to use it as an extension to the existing facility or at least that was one of the plans for it.

One thing I did notice from the video is some quick sprawls and single leg defense.
    I didn't know that, though they did get that big mural painted that covered an entire wall so there must have been longer term plans for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

They did, it's not in that video though. All you see is the striking mat, the cage and the grappling mat
    They probably are aware of that but logic doesn't fit the narrative for these lads so it gets ignored. :pac:

This is a valid point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Who said it was?

I think the inference was that Nate competes in triathlons so he would be riding a triathlon bike.

Are all of Conor's UFC fights on Fight Pass?

Are all of Conor's UFC fights on Fight Pass?
    Yep along with all of his Cage Warriors fights. I've watched most of his pre CW fights on youtube if you wanna see them too.

Yep along with all of his Cage Warriors fights. I've watched most of his pre CW fights on youtube if you wanna see them too.

Trying to get all of them lined up the evening before the Khabib fight and watch em through, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Just sitting watching the Alvarez fight again and noticed, Eddie had a chance in round one after being dropped of transitioning into a Triangle choke and I dont think Conor would of been able to defend it if settled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Commanchie wrote: »
    Just sitting watching the Alvarez fight again and noticed, Eddie had a chance in round one after being dropped of transitioning into a Triangle choke and I dont think Conor would of been able to defend it if settled in.

I seen a Gracie breakdown which explained the way Conor stepped in he blocked that being possible. I'll try find it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

ASOT wrote: »
    I seen a Gracie breakdown which explained the way Conor stepped in he blocked that being possible. I'll try find it now

Cheers I was watching it and just felt if Eddie had of got the hand in behind conors knee to move him to create the angle, hed of sunk it in tight.

I noticed it cause I got careless a few years back while opponent was in guard and he positioned me perfectly and caught me fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement