Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Commanchie wrote: »
    Cheers I was watching it and just felt if Eddie had of got the hand in behind conors knee to move him to create the angle, hed of sunk it in tight.

I noticed it cause I got careless a few years back while opponent was in guard and he positioned me perfectly and caught me fine.

Im fairly sure he wouldn't have been able to get his leg over because of the position of Conor's right arm.

We could be talking about different spots but the clips in this video here.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

ASOT wrote: »
    Im fairly sure he wouldn't have been able to get his leg over because of the position of Conor's right arm.

We could be talking about different spots but the clips in this video here.

at one stage in that clip Conors arm is a perfect position for eddie to move into it, 2.34 on round clock. Conor drops the head is arm is in noway stopping eddie I dont think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

VW 1 wrote: »
    I think the inference was that Nate competes in triathlons so he would be riding a triathlon bike.

Ah ok. But like most cyclists, Nate and Nick probably have a bunch of different types of bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

haha the last two comments sum up the variety of this thread perfectly.

D.Q wrote: »
    haha the last two comments sum up the variety of this thread perfectly.

?? Is my comment not what is meant to be on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Commanchie wrote:
    ?? Is my comment not what is meant to be on here?

I don't think it was meant as an insult, just an observation how this thread swings from the serious insightful analysis of fights, to the more whimsical speculation of nate Diaz bike collection, all within a couple of posts.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I don't think it was meant as an insult, just an observation how this thread swings from the serious insightful analysis of fights, to the more whimsical speculation of nate Diaz bike collection, all within a couple of posts.

Oh right I understand sorry picked it up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

haha yeah meant no offence to anyone.

Swinging from grappling analysis to the Diaz brothers choice in bicycles is hilarious.

D.Q wrote: »
    haha yeah meant no offence to anyone.

Swinging from grappling analysis to the Diaz brothers choice in bicycles is hilarious.

I dont pay attention to the stuff outside Fighting. Bikes are of no interest to me unless im trying to cut me weight and at that Id rather some running.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Oh right I understand sorry picked it up wrong.

Who needs your insightful commentary on Conor's ground defence when we should be talking about his personal life.

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    Who needs your insightful commentary on Conor's ground defence when we should be talking about his personal life.

Is there not a forum for oul ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Press conference next Thursday in NYC

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Karlakakarlo

Press conference next Thursday in NYC

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Source?

I saw it from Brett Okamoto on Twitter, he’s an MMA journalist with ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Karlakakarlo

A lot of people saying media only hopfully they brodcast it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

A lot of people saying media only hopfully they brodcast it live.

No doubt it will be live on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ah it'll definitely be live on YouTube. There's never been a press conference that wasn't. Just a bit of a shame there'll be no public, that's when CMG is at his best. Playing to an audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Effects wrote: »
    Who said it was?

Jaysis, Johnny no craic here

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

dulux99 wrote: »
    Ah it'll definitely be live on YouTube. There's never been a press conference that wasn't. Just a bit of a shame there'll be no public, that's when CMG is at his best. Playing to an audience.

True. but the press conference on fight week will be open to the public I'd say so still that to look forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

at one stage in that clip Conors arm is a perfect position for eddie to move into it, 2.34 on round clock. Conor drops the head is arm is in noway stopping eddie I dont think.
    I'm fairly sure he was punching Eddie in the face, distracting him from the sub.
    Not a great angle but I don't think he was in any danger

That's a very big hall to book for media only.

I have a feeling it was intended to be a public attendence event. UFC might not be confident that he'll show which is why they don't want fans to come out. Apparently Conor is being difficult, refusing stuff. Just wants to show up on weigh-in and fight night.

But shur his shtick doesn't really work anymore, after being beaten by Floyd, tapping out against Diaz, throwing the dolly, fighting in pubs in crumlin etc..

I still wonder about the mentality that wants to see him shouting at people/ being funny..like, ye are fully grown adults for the most part, and that sort of schoolyard braggadocio entertains ye?..

I dunno..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

But shur his shtick doesn't really work anymore, after being beaten by Floyd, tapping out against Diaz, throwing the dolly, fighting in pubs in crumlin etc..

I still wonder about the mentality that wants to see him shouting at people/ being funny..like, ye are fully grown adults for the most part, and that sort of schoolyard braggadocio entertains ye?..

I dunno..

Agreed, I'll never understand why people would want to laugh or be entertained. People are strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I dunno..

You are so much more mature and intelligent than everyone else, please teach us how to be more like you.

dulux99 wrote: »
    You are so much more mature and intelligent than everyone else, please teach us how to be more like you.

Thanks..Ah, I know..its painfully obvious to me a lot of the time..unfortunately it's not the kind of thing that can be taught..it's more a cross to bear..

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure he was punching Eddie in the face, distracting him from the sub.
    Not a great angle but I don't think he was in any danger

Beg to differ, but thats the joys of mma everyone sees it different. To avoid a triangle u drive ur feet under the arse if possible and face the sky. But i didnt see conor do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I have a feeling it was intended to be a public attendence event. UFC might not be confident that he'll show which is why they don't want fans to come out.

You have quite the imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Beg to differ, but thats the joys of mma everyone sees it different. To avoid a triangle u drive ur feet under the arse if possible and face the sky. But i didnt see conor do either.
    Many different ways to escape a triangle apart from that one :)
    He didn't look to be in much danger, but as I said, it's not a great angle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Is there not a forum for oul ones.

Nope but if keep posting smart arse remarks like this you wont be staying in this one.

Same applies for everyone else as well. A few of you throwing digs and making smart comments at people far too often. Cut it out, I have given enough leeway and warnings on here already in the run up to this fight. Dont be surprised if some of you find yourself on a break till the fights over if you dont cop yourselves on.

If you have nothing of value to add to the discussion then dont bother posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement