Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Axwell wrote: »
    Nope but if keep posting smart arse remarks like this you wont be staying in this one.

Same applies for everyone else as well. A few of you throwing digs and making smart comments at people far too often. Cut it out, I have given enough leeway and warnings on here already in the run up to this fight. Dont be surprised if some of you find yourself on a break till the fights over if you dont cop yourselves on.

If you have nothing of value to add to the discussion then dont bother posting.

If your gonna single me out, please also single out the out topic post that i replied to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It quite clearly says the same applies to everyone else..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Any luck with wonderfullife coming back on here for the fight? Always liked his posts about Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Why has conor never thrown a single spinning back fist, you'd think with his long arms and how they seem to tire easily it'd be something he'd use as it doesn't require much effort from the arms themselves. Definitely think he could benefit in this fight by doing something he's never done before, khabib said before he studies all his opponents fights so if conor does something out of the ordinary it could make khabib a bit hesitant about what other new things he might attempt. Even if it doesn't land, just the threat of it would get khabib thinking and if it does land, the momentum from it + conors arm size could make it lethal. Also hope conor doesn't get too obsessed with the knees he's been landing in the video he posted and do what he did in the beginning of the mendes fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Still Ill wrote: »
    What?! Personally, I've always called it a hand drolly.

I call it a chozwozzer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Commanchie wrote: »
    Cheers I was watching it and just felt if Eddie had of got the hand in behind conors knee to move him to create the angle, hed of sunk it in tight.

I noticed it cause I got careless a few years back while opponent was in guard and he positioned me perfectly and caught me fine.
    at one stage in that clip Conors arm is a perfect position for eddie to move into it, 2.34 on round clock. Conor drops the head is arm is in noway stopping eddie I dont think.
    Here is a screenshot from 2:35. There's no triangle there imo.

7AgGWyn.png

Getting an arm inside is necessary to finish a triangle. You can see Eddie is trying to feed Conors left arm through. But Conor's left hand is controlling Eddies left shin. That prevents Eddie from pushing the arm through and shuts down the entire setup. Eddie hasn't got the posture control or the angle to kick out. But even if he did and got the arm through, he still would struggle to get his head to the far side to finish.

The triangle from guard that you got caught in is very different tbh. From that position, hooking the leg to get a good angle is very straight forward.

Mellor wrote: »
    Here is a screenshot from 2:35. There's no triangle there imo.

7AgGWyn.png

Getting an arm inside is necessary to finish a triangle. You can see Eddie is trying to feed Conors left arm through. But Conor's left hand is controlling Eddies left shin. That prevents Eddie from pushing the arm through and shuts down the entire setup. Eddie hasn't got the posture control or the angle to kick out. But even if he did and got the arm through, he still would struggle to get his head to the far side to finish.

The triangle from guard that you got caught in is very different tbh. From that position, hooking the leg to get a good angle is very straight forward.

Hey sorry im trying to catch the screenshot at the right time on a phone, Eddie is in a good position here as is conors head and his left arm isnt inside and if eddie can control the arm he had it IMO.

Hey sorry im trying to catch the screenshot at the right time on a phone, Eddie is in a good position here as is conors head and his left arm isnt inside and if eddie can control the arm he had it IMO.

Conor's left arm is outside Eddies legs there. His right shoulder is leaning inside but his hand is on Eddie hip - you can see that if you go back a few seconds.

There's no risk without an arm inside, and even then I don't see Eddie finishing an inverted triangle from that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Triangles are all about posture, you can have an one arm in and one arm out in closed guard and still not get triangled, if you have correct posture. When you get really good at jiu jitsu the rules don't apply as strictly.

Conor has great posture in that exchange, head up, hips in and ass down, he was in a super strong position and would have felt like a ton of bricks on top of eddie.

Any triangle Eddie throws at him there is going to be shrugged off easily and get his guard passed.

Conor's left arm is outside Eddies legs there. His right shoulder is leaning inside but his hand is on Eddie hip - you can see that if you go back a few seconds.

There's no risk without an arm inside, and even then I don't see Eddie finishing an inverted triangle from that position.

Cheers maybe just looking at it wrong myself. I can still see him take the arm thru and attempt it, maybe why i dont pick up as easy haha should listen more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

A bit more detail on Chiesa's claim filed against McGregor.

"Has been rendered sick, sore, lame and disabled; that he has experienced pain, suffering and a loss of enjoyment of life and will experience same in the future; that he has been obliged to expend, and will expend in the future, sums of money for medical aid and attention, as well as compensation for economic loss; that he has suffered personal injuries, lost opportunities, and economic damages; that he has been unable to attend to his usual avocation and activities, has suffered a loss and other benefits as a result and believes he will continue to suffer same in the future."

What are people's opinion on this?

1. 'Fair play to him, milk it for all you can get'.

2. 'Sounds about right'.

3. 'Grow up and stop exaggerating the extent of your injuries'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Whelo79 wrote: »

"Has been rendered sick, sore, lame and disabled; that he has experienced pain, suffering and a loss of enjoyment of life and will experience same in the future; that he has been obliged to expend, and will expend in the future, sums of money for medical aid and attention, as well as compensation for economic loss; that he has suffered personal injuries, lost opportunities, and economic damages; that he has been unable to attend to his usual avocation and activities, has suffered a loss and other benefits as a result and believes he will continue to suffer same in the future."

2. 'Sounds about right'.

Loss of enjoyment of life strays into option 3 alright but he's right to sue - that wording is just shíte concocted by a solicitor in order to get the most for his client. I assume Chiesa won't mind really once he gets paid.

Cheers maybe just looking at it wrong myself. I can still see him take the arm thru and attempt it, maybe why i dont pick up as easy haha should listen more.

He could maybe get the arm through. But without posture control he'd never lock his legs let alone finish it. IMO that sort of triangle, an inverted triangle is one of the hardest to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Any luck with wonderfullife coming back on here for the fight? Always liked his posts about Conor.

Hopefully he's doing well, I'm sure he is and we'll see him back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Whelo79 wrote: »

2. 'Sounds about right'.

sums up americans

cage fighter afraid of life after window breaks on bus :D

He could maybe get the arm through. But without posture control he'd never lock his legs let alone finish it. IMO that sort of triangle, an inverted triangle is one of the hardest to hit.

If the hed comes a tiny bit lower and eddie has control of conors lower forearm he would get it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Anyone know who the dude in the crowd they cut to looking unimpressed with Conor winning is? I get the feeling I should know him.

Don’t think he was unimpressed

Think he wS just like “dam that’s how you do it kinda look “

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

If the hed comes a tiny bit lower and eddie has control of conors lower forearm he would get it in.
    But it didn't, so he was in no danger :)

Also can confirm, inverted triangle are a bastard to hit in a normal BJJ match, never mind while you're being pucked in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

UFC have made the Alvarez fight available for free on You Tube.

Beautiful performance by Connor!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AlphaOmega1

MrStuffins wrote: »

Conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

That is where the inverted triangle talk has come from, did you read back?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That is where the inverted triangle talk has come from, did you read back?

Yup. I've been reading the thread. All well and good to be freeze-framing and saying a fighter could've done X, Y or Z.

A different kettle of fish when you're in there, on your back, having been concussed 3 or so times already and being pucked in the mush!

Tazzimus wrote: »
    But it didn't, so he was in no danger :)

Also can confirm, inverted triangle are a bastard to hit in a normal BJJ match, never mind while you're being pucked in the face.

ok you compete, so do alot of us. :rolleyes:

Yup. I've been reading the thread. All well and good to be freeze-framing and saying a fighter could've done X, Y or Z.

A different kettle of fish when you're in there, on your back, having been concussed 3 or so times already and being pucked in the mush!

Hes referring to your ridiculous comment that youtube have freed up the fight( a while ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Jasis a bit touchy there man, you were only dropping tibits about you competing a few posts ago

how.gareth wrote: »
    Jasis a bit touchy there man, you were only dropping tibits about you competing a few posts ago

Yes but I didnt try patronise anybody through a post. I actually said cheers to someone who corrected me that i should shut up and learn more.

Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Yes but I didnt try patronise anybody through a post. I actually said cheers to someone who corrected me that i should shut up and learn more.

Big difference.

Neither did yer man, he made a comment, which incidentally is true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Big difference.

Ease up there Cochise, you seem to be taking offense at very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Big difference.

I fail to see where I patronised you, I simply confirmed the point made a few posts back about inverted triangles being hard to pull off at the best of times.

Bit snowflakey of you if you managed to get offended by that somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

http://www.thejournal.ie/conor-mcgregor-whiskey-notorious-2-4232680-Sep2018/

Stinger, thats why he wasn't able to name his whiskey "Notorious".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement