Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

MrStuffins wrote: »
    UFC have made the Alvarez fight available for free on You Tube.

Beautiful performance by Connor!

Conor
    McGregor

He's not your mate ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Who's that he's in with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I really hope the bulk of conors sparring doesn't involve him walking down people who are scared/not allowed to hit him cause he got a fight coming up. Is that really going to help? He's preparing for khabib, he should be practicing fending off people who are literally running at him cause thats whats the big threat here, can mcgregor keep khabib off him and be comfortable under relentless pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

I wonder if there is something to the McGregor thinking fook promo for this to minimise Khabibs payday.

Seen Kirim Zidan tweet that Khabib has run dry financially and needs this McGregor payday with Magomedov his sugar daddy in Prison - who financed his MMA team, his camps, his back surgery, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

spix wrote: »
    I really hope the bulk of conors sparring doesn't involve him walking down people who are scared/not allowed to hit him cause he got a fight coming up. Is that really going to help? He's preparing for khabib, he should be practicing fending off people who are literally running at him cause thats whats the big threat here, can mcgregor keep khabib off him and be comfortable under relentless pressure.

They're orchestrated clips being released.

While it's probably not the 3D chess some suggest, I'm sure they've not left any stone unturned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

What's this, like the twelfth name he's tried registering?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Khabib v Barboza from December last year is up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsLSxHxxWRQ#

haven't seen any of his fights apart from the last, would this be his best? what other ones should i look out for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

haven't seen any of his fights apart from the last, would this be his best? what other ones should i look out for

Trujillo and Dos Anjos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

McGregor

He's not your mate ffs.
    What's wrong with calling him Conor?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

All joking and bitching and pettiness aside, this fight has been talked about long enough that there's not really anything new or incisive that can be added.

There's only so many ways you can say "McGregor destroys him on the feet and Khabib destroys him on the ground".

Nurmagomedov

He's not your mate ffs.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Nurmagomedov

He's not your mate ffs.

;)

Khabib was never his friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

khabib.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Commanchie wrote: »
    Hes referring to your ridiculous comment that youtube have freed up the fight( a while ago)

Ok chief, relax there. I'm not sure how missing a previous post and trying to add to the conversation is "ridiculous".

I really miss the pre-Conor days on this forum. I used to love coming here for a bit of informed discussion but that has almost died these days. Yeesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I really miss the pre-Conor days on this forum. I used to love coming here for a bit of informed discussion but that has almost died these days. Yeesh!
    McGregor

He's not your mate ffs.

Perfect example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Khabib v Barboza up for anyone that wants get some analysis done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Legend_DIT wrote: »
    Nurmagomedov

He's not your mate ffs.

;)

Tremendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seanboylan87

Just watched it there, is Barboza rated? The relentless pressure, the way he walked through everything and the way he mauled him on the ground... he looks like an absolute nightmare to fight against. Barboza looked like a boy being manhandled and when he was on the ground he kept looking for the clock hoping for it all to be over. McGregor's toughest ask to date on paper by a country mile, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

sc86 wrote: »
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    A bit more detail on Chiesa's claim filed against McGregor.

"Has been rendered sick, sore, lame and disabled; that he has experienced pain, suffering and a loss of enjoyment of life and will experience same in the future; that he has been obliged to expend, and will expend in the future, sums of money for medical aid and attention, as well as compensation for economic loss; that he has suffered personal injuries, lost opportunities, and economic damages; that he has been unable to attend to his usual avocation and activities, has suffered a loss and other benefits as a result and believes he will continue to suffer same in the future."

What are people's opinion on this?

1. 'Fair play to him, milk it for all you can get'.

2. 'Sounds about right'.

3. 'Grow up and stop exaggerating the extent of your injuries'

sums up americans

cage fighter afraid of life after window breaks on bus :D
    Surely the next guys he fights, uses it as material to wind him up before the fight, Chiesa left himself open to a real slagging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Just watched it there, is Barboza rated? The relentless pressure, the way he walked through everything and the way he mauled him on the ground... he looks like an absolute nightmare to fight against. Barboza looked like a boy being manhandled and when he was on the ground he kept looking for the clock hoping for it all to be over. McGregor's toughest ask to date on paper by a country mile, surely?

There was definitely a sense before the fight that Khabib was about to fight the best striker he ever fought. I do wonder was Khabib so animalistic vs Barboza because it was a three round fight. I don't think he'll tear into McGregor the way he did vs Barboza as its a 5 rder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor

He's not your mate ffs.

Absolute nonsense, cop yourself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

This dedicated McGregor thread has to be the most nonsensical of them all. Good grief.

dulux99 wrote: »

There was definitely a sense before the fight that Khabib was about to fight the best striker he ever fought. I do wonder was Khabib so animalistic vs Barboza because it was a three round fight. I don't think he'll tear into McGregor the way he did vs Barboza as its a 5 rder.
    Barboza was talyor made for Khabib,
    No power in his hands and whole game based on kick's going forwards, Once he started backing up it was game over,Once khabib closed the distance quickly Barboza was goosed ,
     You need good hands to keep Khabib off you,
    Its areal 50/50 fight, McGregor gets mauled or Khabib gets sparked ,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ok you compete, so do alot of us. :rolleyes:
    Hes referring to your ridiculous comment that youtube have freed up the fight( a while ago)
    Yes but I didnt try patronise anybody through a post. I actually said cheers to someone who corrected me that i should shut up and learn more.

Big difference.

Nobody was patronising anyone - adjust your attitude if you plan to keep posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Barboza is a good striker, if he has space to get his kicks off.
    If you crowd/rush him and back him up to the cage, he struggles, a bit like Pettis I suppose.

Conor meanwhile, is very good going forward or backwards and has quick, accurate hands, so he'll fair better against Khabib's head down and charge in approach.

Definitely the most 50/50 fight of Conor's so far though I reckon.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Barboza is a good striker, if he has space to get his kicks off.
    If you crowd/rush him and back him up to the cage, he struggles, a bit like Pettis I suppose.

Conor meanwhile, is very good going forward or backwards and has quick, accurate hands, so he'll fair better against Khabib's head down and charge in approach.

Definitely the most 50/50 fight of Conor's so far though I reckon.
    100%  boith do there best work going forward going backwards they really suffer,
    Also  Pettis and Barboza do most there work in straight lines , Conor does not,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Khabib v Barboza up for anyone that wants get some analysis done

Barboza nearly had him in a triangle :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Barboza nearly had him in a triangle :D:pac:

Khabib won't be able to rush Conor like he did in the first round with 3.30 left. He was wide open chasing that takedown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One thing that stands out from watching more of Khabib, he just walks through shots to close the gap.
    It got me thinking to Mayweather and how tough he was and just took shots from McGregor and didn't appear to stop his momentum.

The stand up side isn't going to be one sided at all if Khabib can absorb big shots from Conor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement