Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Reckon a large portion of this fight will be up against the fence, the clinch will be very important

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The closer this fight gets the more i'm leaning towards backing Conor by KO in Round 1

I'm the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I’ve said this previously but I think we will know very quickly how this is going to go. Whilst Conor is excellent off the back foot, I think if Khabib is marching him backwards I think he’ll get the takedown quite quickly.

If he can hold his ground I think he will light Khabib up and quickly too.

It’s definitely the most anxious I’ve been before one of his fights. It’s so hard to tell just how good Khabib is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I’ve said this previously but I think we will know very quickly how this is going to go. Whilst Conor is excellent off the back foot, I think if Khabib is marching him backwards I think he’ll get the takedown quite quickly.

If he can hold his ground I think he will light Khabib up and quickly too.

It’s definitely the most anxious I’ve been before one of his fights. It’s so hard to tell just how good Khabib is.

I'm the opposite.

I think McGregor will win. I'm not saying he'll win easily, but I'm confident he will win.

Only 3 weeks away too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Cpmpetition on joe.ie to get to fight be good if a genuine mma fan won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ChrisM

D.Q wrote: »
    I'm the same.

I'd love to be that confident 😀

I'm thinking back to the last Ferguson v Khabib fight, if only that went ahead we'd know so much more.

Either Khabib is invincible or he has legit holes in his game. Now that advantage is back with Tony.

Out of interest does anyone think Poirier or Alvarez can mix it up with Khabib?

I reckon Alvarez v Khabib would be a savage fight, it might happen if McGregor wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'm the opposite.

I think McGregor will win. I'm not saying he'll win easily, but I'm confident he will win.

Only 3 weeks away too

I find it very odd that it's 3 weeks away, and there's no footage of McG slagging anyone off.

I reckon he got a severe slap on the arse from the UFC after the Dollygate, and is sulking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

D.Q wrote: »
    Where?

I'm not sure that we can advertise here, but its in a colourful football club that has a ring to it, and it's near SBG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm not sure that we can advertise here, but its in a colourful football club that has a ring to it, and it's near SBG.

That's your drink covered too. They've done it for the last few fights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I find it very odd that it's 3 weeks away, and there's no footage of McG slagging anyone off.

I reckon he got a severe slap on the arse from the UFC after the Dollygate, and is sulking.

He tore into some lad on Instagram last night, the guy asked him what the hell he was wearing

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnuwc57HIC5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16ma5gm0qrszm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He tore into some lad on Instagram last night, the guy asked him what the hell he was wearing

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnuwc57HIC5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16ma5gm0qrszm

Saw that earlier. That was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

No it's because he's doing limited press and is concentrating on training. The first presser is on Thursday. TBH it's the UFC who are sulking because he's doing so little press.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah poor Lad got wrecked. "My program can help build up testosterone which can help when you have too much estrogen which you look like you do" :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The UFC have put the Khabib Johnson fight up on their youtube page

Pretty much as everyone said. For the first two mins it's a stand up fight and Johnson is having some success, then Khabib takes him down and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The UFC have put the Khabib Johnson fight up on their youtube page

Pretty much as everyone said. For the first two mins it's a stand up fight and Johnson is having some success, then Khabib takes him down and that's it.

Khabib looked lost in the stand up . The next southpaw he fights is even more deadly with his hands.

Personally think Khabib is going to be put asleep within 2 mins

According to Wikipedia McGregor's reach is longer than Johnson's at 74"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What's Conor's best defense against that flying knee Khabib uses?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What's Conor's best defense against that flying knee Khabib uses?

Move to the side and left fist to the face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The left hand shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

His day of reckoning is almost upon us. He will be punished and he will be mauled.

War Khabib !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

ricero wrote: »
    His day of reckoning is almost upon us. He will be punished and he will be mauled.

War Khabib !

Khabib thread that way ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

War Khabib !

Honestly I just can’t see it happening.

Just forsee McGregor punching him repeatedly in the face til he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

DrumSteve wrote: »

War Khabib !

Not the most indepth analysis ha. But yeah I think that's the long and short of it

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

DrumSteve wrote: »

War Khabib !

Not the most indepth analysis ha. But yeah I think that's the long and short of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’m the same, I just see khabib getting knocked out, more than likely in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

All of Conors significant strikes in the UFC. Shame we dont get to see as much of his kicks anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

War Khabib !

vNIAgd.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Looking at the Michael Johnson fight, definitely there are serious weaknesses in Khabibs standup game, for sure.

Mcgregor is special, no doubt about it.

But, lets look at the facts.

Mcgregor hasnt fought in the ufc for nearly two years,
    khabib has never lost a round competitively or in training that we know of, Mcgregor has been busy sniffing white powder up his nose
    Mcgregor has fatigue issues, Khabib does not
    Mcgregors take down defence has only been tested once and that was against Chad mendes who successfully dominated him on the ground.

Truth of it is Khabib can afford to miss a few times, mcgregor cannot afford to miss once

Khabib in three.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement