Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EdwardC

jaysus.  Didn't mean to pull all those quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Come on, which one of you got this done?? :D

https://twitter.com/Maclifeofficial/status/953050932744355841

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Mother of god. He didn't even get a Conor McGregor tattoo, he got a tattoo of a website. A terrible website at that. I'd be extremely embarrassed if he was a friend of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

the mcnugget is strong with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,433 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I thought the guys getting McGregors face, or chest tattoo wouldn't be topped.
    But holy jaysus. The Mac Life.

I really hope it's a marketing stint from the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Now we know where Wonder went to for his break from boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

I've worse.
    Cheers in Thai on my inner bicep. 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

He is probably an Irish resident for tax purposes so it's a bit more complicated than that.
    More likely he's been advised where to be resident for tax avoidance purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I reckon Conor + Croke Park + Paddys Day = Bank all round.

Mr Brash Irishman on a day when everyone is Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I reckon Conor + Croke Park + Paddys Day = Bank all round.

Mr Brash Irishman on a day when everyone is Irish?

Aren't the club GAA finals in Croker on Paddys Day???

• Advertisement

Aren't the club GAA finals in Croker on Paddys Day???

He is the GAA

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Effects wrote: »
    More likely he's been advised where to be resident for tax avoidance purposes.

It's not that easy. If he spends more than 183 days here in a calendar year then he's resident here for tax purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's not that easy. If he spends more than 183 days here in a calendar year then he's resident here for tax purposes.

Of course. Which he would be advised on. He's not doing his own accounting.

Croke Park lads...is glue on special offer somewhere?

A friend used to work on ships. He was away for just under the days needed. His accountant told him to take a spin to Belfast for some petrol or shopping a few days a year to take him over the threshold. Once he had the receipts to show he was "out" of the country for those days he was tax free here. Its handy enough done.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Croke Park lads...is glue on special offer somewhere?

Thinking that Conor will fight Croke Park one day is not glue sniffing territory

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A friend used to work on ships. He was away for just under the days needed. His accountant told him to take a spin to Belfast for some petrol or shopping a few days a year to take him over the threshold. Once he had the receipts to show he was "out" of the country for those days he was tax free here. Its handy enough done.

It's handy enough done, if you satisfy the criteria or at least come close so you can do as your friend done.

There are other criteria. i.e. if you spend more 280 days in Ireland over a 2 year period then you are tax resident here for the second year. Also, you remain a tax resident here for up to 3 years after being no longer resident here. So for Conor to no longer be tax resident here he'd have to spend less than 183 days here a year, average less that 140 (20 weeks) per year over any 2 year period and he'd have to have started doing this back in 2013 to be no longer a tax resident for last year.

Conor spends quite a bit of time here even now, let alone 3 or 4 years ago. I think it's safe to say, given the criteria above, that he was a tax resident here last year and probably still will be even this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Mcgregor promotions job might happen, undercard with free agents or helped by some organisation is a bit far fetched however you never know and relationship with ufc would have to go through a divorce for that to happen which would take years.

UFC in croker unlikely unless they give it to new tv deal replacing fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Mcgregor in croke par might very well happen but if it does it will be on the downslope of his career when the chest tattoo is starting to sag and he as a few more Ls on his account.it will be against some semi senile can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus that mac life tattoo is the most pathetic thing i have seen in a long time. The fact a grown man got that is quite sad.

Really hope a fight is announced soon or hes stripped

• Advertisement

Thinking that Conor will fight Croke Park one day is not glue sniffing territory

You're right, its magic mushroom crack cocaine MDMA LSD territory.

I think his point is that if Conor's been in Ireland 183 days (and he probably has). Then that advice won't change a thing.
    How did that make him tax free?

Mellor wrote: »
    I think his point is that if Conor's been in Ireland 183 days (and he probably has). Then that advice won't change a thing.

How did that make him tax free?

Wasn't in the country enough days to have to pay tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So he's pulling a Bono.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Come on, which one of you got this done?? :D

https://twitter.com/Maclifeofficial/status/953050932744355841

I'd rather have the one below than that.

C2DB_CyXUAIeHSz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Conor McGregor's dad Tony set to attempt to break power boat racing world record

hahahahahahaha

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/conor-mcgregors-dad-tony-set-11859293

More like break the giving the peace sign world record, if I worked for waterford wispers I couldn't come up with a headline like that, hes gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Continuing on from chat in the general chat? If he does get stripped, does the Champions clause still apply?

When you are in the country less than 183 days, you still pay tax. :confused:

Lukker- wrote: »
    Continuing on from chat in the general chat? If he does get stripped, does the Champions clause still apply?

If he got striped of the LW belt, the champions clause would cease to apply.
    Doesn't make a difference at this stage though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »
    When you are in the country less than 183 days, you still pay tax. :confused:

...and most likely get to claim it back through double taxation treaties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement