Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

He said enough for Khabib to ruminate on. Mission accomplished.

Yeah, really showed that McG has researched Khabib, looked into every aspect of his life.

Whether or not that research is correct or not, I can't say, but goading khabib to come forward wildly was the objective, we'll see in October 6th of it was effective.

It was October 6th, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

"I'd say your some buzz at parties ya mad backwards C◇NT"

was my own personal highlight ha

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SeanJ09

Don't think Khabib looked too bothered by him. Mcgregor looked like the knacker he is. Pretending he could speak Irish. Christ.

Mod: Read the charter and multiple warnings...fighter bashing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

rob316 wrote: »
    Snowflakes? I couldn't give a **** who he offends but it just wasn't funny just ranting

Correct. Absolute cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Paully D wrote: »
    as possible.

Ali has proven time and time again that he cannot help himself and will no doubt be wrecking Khabib’s head about what he needs to do now etc etc.

Ali will be all over Khabib's Twitter tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

We gonna have GSP walking around with his two belts now?
    What about Barnett, he still gonna be going to pressers with his? Does Randy get to carry both his belts?
    Sure Petis can bring his when he has his conference for the fight with Tony.

[/quote]

What did he say about those injuries??[/quote]

It was a throwaway line about the camp being a war, think after ring rust question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Don't think Khabib looked too bothered by him. Mcgregor looked like the knacker he is. Pretending he could speak Irish. Christ.

He actually has decent enough Irish. A lot better than mine

Conor knocked back a fair few dimps of Proper Twelve. Not sure that moody doctor will be happy about that ha

Tilikum17 wrote: »

Did he ask to go to the toilet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Hilarious, go Conor haha
    Khabib looked rattled and Conor done his homework on all of his camp
    Box office stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He went to an Irish speaking school, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

.ak wrote: »
    Hahah that stuff is brilliant. I love the fact he went full Irish on it.

Do people not find that stuff funny? He's on the world stage and he's asking to take a **** in Irish.

We have some weird thing about hiding our Irish accent/slang/isms infront of the Americans for some reason.

He just came across like a dumb knacker. That's why a lot of people didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

He has a purple belt in Irish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mcgregor must have dipped into the baking powder. Off his trolley. Very funny. Lick arse o hoolihan.

Less than 3 weeks out from a fight..do you actually think he would be doing that?

Enough of the drug comments and accusations folks..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Conor saying Khabib got his belt by getting a decision against a real estate agent was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

A documentary podcast being repressed by MMa journalist Mike Russell about Khabib’ manager. If half of this was true, it’s mad: https://youtu.be/Gl5U8P8xGv8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

This can't be based on tonight?

Have to laugh at some of the posters on this forum. "Gas stuff, Another classic". That was embarrassing and uncomfortable to watch, Like a guy unravelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Wow 5 year old toilet humour from a grown man, I think I've seen it all now. I don't know what Conor is spouting on about, he supported gay marriage in Ireland but has no problem being the guest of someone who has enabled the persecution, imprisonment of lgbt+ people in Russia... you'll excuse me if I think he can save the lecture and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    I think that went well for Khabib he didn't react that much and kept his head, he has done far better than others. I still think Conor will win.

• Advertisement

Some real snowflakes in here, he was gas as usual.

You only loved it cause you're a hipster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Axwell wrote: »
    Less than 3 weeks out from a fight..do you actually think he would be doing that?

Enough of the drug comments and accusations folks..

Coke isn't banned by USADA/WADA out of competition so why would he care?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Is there anywhere to watch it from the start??
    I just got home now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Effects wrote: »
    He just came across like a dumb knacker. That's why a lot of people didn't like it.

Only to us Irish who understand the local dialects, the rest of the world will lap it up, once someone put subtitles to it on YouTube.
    I say fair ****s to him for showing his true colours on the world stage, we're all too caught up in out own pretend middle class life's to acknowledge we spoke like this back in the day. Most of us anyway. Be proud of who you are and where you came from and stop trying to be from D4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

One would assume he is training hard for the fight...irregardless its against the charter so as I said enough of the accusations.

As is fighter bashing..so enough of the name calling lads..knacker, scumbag etc. Not as if it hasnt been said enough to people.

iamtony wrote: »
    Only to us Irish who understand the local dialects, the rest of the world will lap it up, once someone put subtitles to it on YouTube.
    I say fair ****s to him for showing his true colours on the world stage, we're all too caught up in out own pretend middle class life's to acknowledge we spoke like this back in the day. Most of us anyway. Be proud of who you are and where you came from and stop trying to be from D4.

nah, he had a few witty moments in the past. today he was just embarrassing. came across that he knew that himself. he was scraping the barrel trying to rile Khabib and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Surprised he didn't bring up Khabib's incident with the homeless fella.

I pissed meself laughing to be honest. No point trying to be mature about this stuff. It's a ridiculous situation. A young fella from Crumlin worth 100mil in the bank, on the world stage throwin out insults youd hear in secondary school - "your da smells like ****e". It's funny in an immature way. Just silly.

He did seem more genuinely manic and agitated than previous press conferences. He used to look like he enjoyed the whole thing, and there was a more comic undertone to his behaviour. He seemed wound up as **** tonight, maybe because of the bus/court case or maybe cos he has lost the plot with all the success. <snip>

Eating 12 big macs a day coming up to a fight isn't banned either but it's not going to help you win the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Effects wrote: »

I think alot on here just don't like Dublinese ....that's been pretty clear from an early stage

• Advertisement

sonofenoch wrote: »
    I think alot on here just don't like Dublinese ....that's been pretty clear from an early stage

Nah, he could be a bogger spouting the same stuff and he's come across the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement