Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭redlead

Conor has completely lost the plot. He used to be very witty at these press conferences but now just rants and raves hurling foul language around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The laughing he was doing off mic was pretty bad as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I enjoyed that anyway. Thought the more subtle shots were funniest. “Thanks to Jesus H Christ, Praise our lord god and saviour” :)

Khabib handled himself pretty well to be fair. Looked very thick next to Conor. Hopefully he makes weight.

Delighted Conor got those shots in at Ali at the end.

I know Conor’s not to a lot of people’s taste on here but the Americans will lap that up. Think this is going to do very big ppv numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

glasso wrote: »
    nah, he had a few witty moments in the past. today he was just embarrassing. came across that he knew that himself. he was scraping the barrel trying to rile Khabib and failed.

Totally agree that the cool collected sunglass wearing Mcgregor was much more exciting to watch but I think we as Irish people are ashamed of this side of our society even though its very down to earth and not fake like a lot of people from Dublin trying to be something they are not.
    End of the day he is a man from Crumlin and probably acks like this with the lads down the pub and to not hide this in these situations is something to admire.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm waiting for Jameson to tweet "we are the Mayweather of whiskey".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

Effects wrote: »
    The laughing he was doing off mic was pretty bad as well.

That was odd

iamtony wrote: »
    End of the day he is a man from Crumlin and probably acks like this with the lads down the pub and to not hide this in these situations is something to admire.

No, it's not,,

No, it's not,,

Being yourself is something to admire.

Totally agree that the cool collected sunglass wearing Mcgregor was much more exciting to watch but I think we as Irish people are ashamed of this side of our society even though its very down to earth and not fake like a lot of people from Dublin trying to be something they are not.

imagine Khabib was going on about McGregor's dad - there would be uproar here. McGregor was puerile. Being down to earth has nothing to do with it. p.s. would you like to hang out with Kinehan associates, other chaps with serious criminal records etc that he hangs out with and is pictured with frequently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I love how he minces his works when talking:D

"Here I am with no bus" :D

• Advertisement

imagine Khabib was going on about McGregor's dad - there would be uproar here. McGregor was puerile. Being down to earth has nothing to do with it. p.s. would you like to hang out with Kinehan lads, other chaps with serious criminal records etc that he hangs out with and is pictured with frequently?
    No but that's the life he was born into, would it be better he turned his back on his life and friends? Maybe it would in the case of the gangster figures but you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm waiting for Jameson to tweet "we are the Mayweather of whiskey".

or what happened to "Notorious Whiskey"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

He just came across like a dumb knacker. That's why a lot of people didn't like it.

Exactly

He used to be so different. He used to be hilarious by being witty.

Now he's just funny Simply because we're Irish and it's funny hearing someone say Irish slang on TV.

I find it hard to like him anymore. He changed so much. Zero respect for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Being yourself is something to admire.

Not if you act like a scum bag.

Mod: Multiple warnings giving..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mcgregor is now just a poor mans Colby Covington on the mic

No but that's the life he was born into, would it be better he turned his back on his life and friends? Maybe it would in the case of the gangster figures but you know what I mean.

he moved to Lucan from Crumblin as a teenager. he hangs out with these lowlifes by choice 'cos he thinks he's gangsta.

Not if you act like a scum bag.
    Your missing the point, he is a scumbag! And proud of it because that's the life he was Born into. Similar to rappers in the US. They only get respect cause they have the dollar.

Mod: Posted a warning only a few minutes ago along with multiple through the thread (and everytime there is an event..tired of repeating myself to people).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

ricero wrote: »

I’ll say this for you, you’re trying very, very hard. Serious work ethic to be fair!

he moved to Lucan from Crumblin as a teenager. he hangs out with these lowlifes by choice 'cos he thinks he's gangsta.
    I'd say it's more a case of you can take the man out of Crumlin but... You know the rest.

Your missing the point, he is a scumbag! And proud of it because that's the life he was Born into. Similar to rappers in the US. They only get respect cause they have the dollar.

where's the mod when you need him!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'd doubt the mods would have any problems with what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ricero wrote: »

still wouldn't go that far

Well I stand corrected i got a warning of some kind:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say he just made a dash for the fans.

I'd doubt the mods would have any problems with what I'm saying.

I get that. Just a comment on the selective moderation. not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nah, he could be a bogger spouting the same stuff and he's come across the same.

Yeah. I think dubs who never leave Dublin just don't realise we have little scrotes who act like that outside the pale too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

Kabib is bigger than him in many ways, this is gonna be a lose lose for CMac

Conor is so good at being a scumbag though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Just looked like he was running over to the fans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement