Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

glasso wrote: »
    I get that. Just a comment on the selective moderation. not you.

If you have a problem with the moderation I am sure you know where the pm button is to discuss it. I don't see any reported posts from you where someone said something you think needs to be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

He sounds plastered. Press conferences have been done to death, slowly getting less and less funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Interesting hearing the people who 'don't like him anymore' or think he's cringey, a poor representative and beneath them. Same people watched most if not all of the mayweather stuff, will watch and comment on any other promotional material and finally watch the fight itself on the edge of their seat. Glued to it, yet somehow above the people who can just admit its entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

There was some quality stuff in among the cringe.
    Not nearly as bad as people on here are making out to be. Then again, I'm from town, so he sounds fairly normal to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

I think Khabib is the scumbag here with all his very dodgy associations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I think they're both excellent fighters who I don't look to for, nor demand, integrity or nobility from. As long as they batter the heads off each other for 5 entertaining rounds the first week of October, they'll be alright in my book and what they get up to outside the octagon won't really impact whether I enjoy the fight or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Brae100 wrote: »

100% poor McG only hangs out with lovely boys up in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Conor knocked back a fair few dimps of Proper Twelve.
    Or did he....

I thought it was suspicious myself that he didn't drink anything from the large bottle, just the nagan sized clear glass one.... Red lemonade perhaps.

I don't know but I highly doubt he's knocking back whiskeys two weeks out from a fight, I just think that's the impression he wants to give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

For whatever it’s worth, the reaction online seems largely positive to McGregor. From fans and press alike. Recognising the vacuum that was the room they were in and McGregors attempts to keep it entertaining throughout.

Personally I thought it was tough to watch at times. Almost as if he visibly and audibly sobered up half way through.

• Advertisement

imagine Khabib was going on about McGregor's dad...

Not comparable as McGregor's old man hasn't slagged off Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Conor knocked back a fair few dimps of Proper Twelve.
    Or did he....

I thought it was suspicious myself that he didn't drink anything from the large bottle, just the nagan sized clear glass one.... Red lemonade perhaps.

I don't know but I highly doubt he's knocking back whiskeys two weeks out from a fight, I just think that's the impression he wants to give.

Ahh like the conspiracy theory ha. Dana could have given the game away I suppose.

Talking of the Ali conspiracy stuff - it does seem the main source of many of the rumours is the guy Kavanagh RT'ed and his citations seem a bit off.

His has many unnamed sources and is a bit obsessed with Ali. I know it's very easy to call the man a crank to discredit him, and Ali seems very shaky - the FBI informant stuff seems real, as does the fake judo stuff and multiple aliases. But think there does have to be a skeptical eye to what this Mike Russel guy says as he seems to have his conclusions made already and joins dots for his own sake.

The Zidan guy seems far more legit when it comes to this Russian stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Brae100 wrote: »

Thanks for the yellow card. I was just testing that your moderation wasn't biased. Fair play.

For whatever it’s worth, the reaction online seems largely positive to McGregor. From fans and press alike. Recognising the vacuum that was the room they were in and McGregors attempts to keep it entertaining throughout.

Personally I thought it was tough to watch at times. Almost as if he visibly and audibly sobered up half way through.

It's tough being a clown when you don't know if your jokes are hitting the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Wonder did Conor hurt his hand...

APY4muNl.jpg

Higher resolution: https://i.imgur.com/APY4muN.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I see a lot of tweets online that some of Mcgregors comments and behaviour were borderline islamophobia. The least Mcgregor needs is to be accused of that as he did have previous racist accusations in the build-up to Mayweather.

Overall i thought it was a dreadful press conferance and I am dissapointed that Dana didnt announce the ufc 230 main event.

Cringey as fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Signed a new 8 fight deal with the UFC.

Suppose it can be renegotiated and gets the terms you want now but still these long deals seem silly IMO

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24746406/conor-mcgregor-cashes-new-8-fight-ufc-deal

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Suppose it can be renegotiated and gets the terms you want now but still these long deals seem silly IMO

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24746406/conor-mcgregor-cashes-new-8-fight-ufc-deal

Hopefully, it means he plans on fighting for a while and not just another couple of fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

ricero wrote: »
    I am dissapointed that Dana didnt announce the ufc 230 main event.

He said Jon Jones definitely wouldn't be in the main event.

Roughly translated from Dana bullsh1t - Jon Jones will be the main event :P

• Advertisement

8 fights? ****. A lot more than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Interesting hearing the people who 'don't like him anymore' or think he's cringey, a poor representative and beneath them. Same people watched most if not all of the mayweather stuff, will watch and comment on any other promotional material and finally watch the fight itself on the edge of their seat. Glued to it, yet somehow above the people who can just admit its entertaining.

He can't talk on the mic while he's fighting so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

imagine Khabib was going on about McGregor's dad - there would be uproar here.

"Tony McGregor - He no have Leap Card, where is leap card? You no afford leap card?'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I see a lot of tweets online that some of Mcgregors comments and behaviour were borderline islamophobia.

You should be allowed ridicule people for having crazy beliefs in the supernatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Turning down a drink is rude in Irish Culture. Especially a home brew drink that Conor McGregor spent 3 years toiling over for this moment. Khabib Nurmagomedov is a Paddyophobic.

Better angle of him leaving.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn91IPngQJy/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I see a lot of tweets online that some of Mcgregors comments and behaviour were borderline islamophobia.

Comes from Mcgregor offering Khabib alcohol when he's a Muslim, calling him 'a mad backwards ****' for denying his whiskey, mocking the muslim greeting 'assalamu alaikum' and calling Ali who's a Muslim a 'terrorist' although there seems to be some back story to this that I'm not aware of.

Don't see why so many people expect Conor to show Khabibs beliefs and religion any ounce of respect. Mcgregors a showman. He'll say and do whatever to spark a reaction and I f**kin love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Not a huge fan of Conor's promotional persona, but he also has to shoulder the majority of the burden for promoting the fight. In that sense, I feel he does a professional job. I don't like it myself, but he dedication to the business side of things is unmatched. Khabib was there on a armchair ride by comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor couldn't keep eye contact, or just sizing up khabibs chin?

Check out @danawhite’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1042938536096399365?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

McGregor couldn't keep eye contact, or just sizing up khabibs chin?

Check out @danawhite’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1042938536096399365?s=09

he was looking at his 'blue lips' conor basically saying khabib was nervous/holding his breath so his lips turned blue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement