Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

dulux99 wrote: »
    He wished Dustin and Nate well and said both great fighters.

Even though he done exactly the same too both in the press conferences with them.

Showing he still has a humble side.

Anyone who takes him seriously or gets offended, try not take it too seriously.

One of the few level headed posts I've read today

Some of you lads need to get a grip
    Honestly I think that just shows how erratic he is,
    No way was he acting that's just him, he loses the run of himself and the Dublin accent goes full swing , He used to control it and be smart and witty, He can't seem to keep his cool anymore, I think he really really doesn't like Khabib
    Compare that interview to when he first hit the big time he was far more composed and smart back then , It was the "ACT " now he is just himself and rants , The real give away is that accent the fake one for American's to understand him drops and his normal Dublin accent comes out, he's just a crazy guy who is calmer than almost everyone  when it comes to the fight,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

If you have a properly amazing product, the way he goes on about his (Bushmills) whiskey, you don't sell it in the exclusively in the local supermarket. Same reason Prada aren't in partnership with Penneys.

Good grief. It’s a brand new entrant to the market and he’s managed to secure one of the biggest distributors in the UK and Ireland. Yet you think this is a bad thing!?

I’d say there’s new distillers out there who would give their arm to get their product onto Tesco’s shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Officer999

No way was he acting that's just him, he loses the run of himself and the Dublin accent goes full swing , He used to control it and be smart and witty, He can't seem to keep his cool anymore, I think he really really doesn't like Khabib
    Compare that interview to when he first hit the big time he was far more composed and smart back then , It was the "ACT " now he is just himself and rants , The real give away is that accent the fake one for American's to understand him drops and his normal Dublin accent comes out, he's just a crazy guy who is calmer than almost everyone  when it comes to the fight,,

Not the biggest fan of Conor's antics but what is this drivel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Is Jameson "exclusive" to Tesco??

Why is it a bad thing that his whiskey is being sold exclusively by Tesco? Will it not sell as well for this reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Didn't think Khabib would look so big next to him. Interesting.

• Advertisement

Officer999 wrote: »

So you think he was acting last night ? He was being himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

He's 100% correct. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ush1 wrote: »
    Didn't think Khabib would look so big next to him. Interesting.

He'll go by Mayweather's cobbler, and get lifts put on his shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

And this has what to do with mma ????

Connor MacGregor is the biggest start in MMA. He has just brought out his own brand of Whiskey. If you had watched the presser last night you would know.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Do you not think Khabib will maul him??

Not if Conner can keep it standing, connect with a single left hand and it's lights out for Khabibe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Officer999

PLOPS wrote: »
    He's 100% correct. ;)

You do realise the whole reason they were having a press conference last night was to promote the fight?

And whether people liked his antics or not, whether his acting or not, it actually doesn't matter. Because here we are, all discussing him, Khabib and the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

John_D80 wrote: »
    Why is it a bad thing that his whiskey is being sold exclusively by Tesco? Will it not sell as well for this reason?

Lad I know told me it was ****e stuff. Seems to be what everyone is saying.

Asked him has he tried it he said no.

Asked do you like Whisky? He says no.

tenor.gif?itemid=5922332

Some people are just mongos

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

I shop in river island and I can’t wait to toast some notorious whiskey on October 6th :)

Some folks need to relax and enjoy this **** . Cause we will never see the likes again when he is gone.

There have been some absolute creeps in Irish sport who have acted nice on camera and we worshipped them but off camera they were scum up to all sorts

At least Conor is not putting on a fake act trying to be someone else . He always said he didn’t want to be a role model and he has always done it his way . You have to respect that. He is he biggest sports star in the world and he done it all his way .

Last night was funny as **** and Khabib deserved it . He used to be respectful of Conor and Conor always showed him nothing but respect back . Then he started with the “chicken “ bull**** after the first Nate fight . Now Conor is coming back to shut his mouth and KO him in front of the world .

I can’t wait !

What’s the deal with him having two belts set in front of him? He’s not a champion.

Conor fought champions for those two belts. Khabib was handed his due to circumstance.
    Not to take away from him as a fighter, but he didn't beat the champion to get the belt. Not even a top ten guy.

Wait, are you mocking the fact Tesco is the sole distributor of his whiskey?

I would have thought securing such a massive company could only be seen as a good thing?

Some people will laugh at it as it's tesco, and not a decent whiskey store or off licence.
    But no one else can offer the same distribution to the market he's going after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Effects wrote: »
    Some people will laugh at it as it's tesco, and not a decent whiskey store or off licence.
    But no one else can offer the same distribution to the market he's going after.

Like I would have just thought this was a given and common sense but apparently not.

Don’t like whiskey myself but best of luck to him, tough market to crack I’d imagine

PLOPS wrote: »
    He's 100% correct. ;)

You do realise the whole reason they were having a press conference last night was to promote the fight?

And whether people liked his antics or not, whether his acting or not, it actually doesn't matter. Because here we are, all discussing him, Khabib and the fight.
    Your correct but he used to be so much better at it, and people used to think he was smart and funny, 
    For instance remember  " who the hell is this Guy " and other lines he used to drop when he was composed and delivered them well .That was promotion at it's best  , they where brilliant and people tuned in to see him take people apart with quick Witt and funny stuff,
     Now he just rants and looks he's off his head up there, he has lost the allure ,he really does lose his cool and goes off on one now, Most of the American audience (his audience) had no idea what he was saying last night when his Dublin accent went into full swing,
    Stevie Wonder can see how he has changed , I thought it was funny he mentioned money changed Khabib when its has also changed him ,

• A presser which has turned everyone into mind readers , body language experts & couch psychologists
    From a promotional perspective this was job done and them some, absolutely blowing up on social media
    Good thread, would read again :P

On the fighting side of things Khabib looked huge, Never realised he was that big .,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

None of this is new. He always acts like a lunatic in the build up. It could be because he wants the other guy to think the same lunatic will turn up in the cage but every time he gets in the cage he is a picture of calm.

What I think his plan is, if it works or not, is for them to think they are fighting a lunatic but then a professional fighter turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I'd say Khabib is somewhere north of 175, assuming McGregor is walking around about 165 - looks leaner than the Diaz fights certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Watching it last night i think Khabib will strugglw to get in on weight or some sort of crazy situation will happen

Commanchie wrote: »
    Watching it last night i think Khabib will strugglw to get in on weight or some sort of crazy situation will happen
    I was thinking this, he has missed weight before, But he didn't look fat just very big built

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Commanchie wrote: »

This was the key take-away for me from. Khabib looked quite big. Nate aside, we're used to seeing Conor be taller and longer than his opponents. Khabib looked marginally taller and thicker last night during the face-off. Making 155 might be an issue for him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    One man promoting the fight, one man doing nothing to promote it.

the other lad selling whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

The Nal wrote: »
    He went to an Irish speaking school aswell.

That's embarrassing,

The would have been better saying nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Thankfully it is not in NY, vegas won't care if he misses weight by a few pounds fight would go ahead. Who cares about belts sure Conor still out with his two that he no longer has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Thankfully it is not in NY, vegas won't care if he misses weight by a few pounds fight would go ahead. Who cares about belts sure Conor still out with his two that he no longer has.

To be fair the belts are his. He just isn't the current title holder. All former champs still have the belts they won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

That's embarrassing,

The would have been better saying nothing

Didn't he just say "Can I go to the toilet on the bus?"

Did he get the translation wrong or just that he could have come up with something better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you have a properly amazing product, the way he goes on about his (Bushmills) whiskey, you don't sell it in the exclusively in the local supermarket. Same reason Prada aren't in partnership with Penneys.
    That's a really silly comparison.
    All the big brand whiskeys are sold in supermarkets. Including their premiums ranges. The profit in consumer ranges is selling high volume.
    I bought Redbreast in Tesco a few weeks ago.
    Just because I can get a 500euro version from Middleton doesn't make the one in Tesco crap.

If he released a 21year old whiskey for €200 instead you'd be slating it for being out of reach of the average Joe. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement