Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He wished Dustin and Nate well and said both great fighters.

Even though he done exactly the same too both in the press conferences with them.

Showing he still has a humble side.

Anyone who takes him seriously or gets offended, try not take it too seriously.

He praises them because he has wins over them and it inturn makes him look good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

PLOPS wrote: »
    8 fights:rolleyes:

Whats with all the constant eye rollling at people?

Also its 6 fights...

http://www.the42.ie/conor-mcgregor-deal-4247473-Sep2018/ :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Axwell wrote: »
    Whats with all the constant eye rollling at people?

Also its 6 fights...

http://www.the42.ie/conor-mcgregor-deal-4247473-Sep2018/ :rolleyes:

I seen 8 fights somewhere,my mistake, and the eye roll was aimed at the number of fights that mcgregor wont be fulfilling, not at the poster.

https://twitter.com/niallmcgrath4/status/1042930617871151104

that was also my only eye roll, so what you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This 6 fight deal won't look so wise should Khabib maul Conor in two weeks' time...

Surprised they didn't wait a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

walshb wrote: »
    This 6 fight deal won't look so wise should Khabib maul Conor in two weeks' time...

He's their cash cow.

Sure the biggest selling PPV of all-time came after his only UFC loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Is it fair to say the extra weight he was carrying for the Diaz fights could have affected his Cardio? 155 is more of a natural weight for him to be fighting at and there was no sign of tiredness in the Alvarez fight. Hopefully this will help him.

His cardio is terrible, I have only picked against him once(Diaz 2) but I'm considering it this time.

Its the fact his cardio goes off a cliff rather than he just slows down a bit, if this goes to the third round Conor will gas and have no chance to win.

I have a feeling Khabibs jaw is Iron too which will give Conor a very short window to take him out. didn't like how leaned out he is last night either, looks far too small to stop the wrestling. I hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Makes no odds. All it does is tie him to them. If it stops being worth it to have him on that contract they just cut him or sideline him. They win either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Commanchie wrote: »
    You will never see the old conor again.

People were saying this when he was fighting Aldo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Dana was happy with how it went anyways.

Logan Paul not joining the UFC anytime either by his reaction..but then again its Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

You'd need to have him bouncing off another Irish man that could give it back to him. Like when Eddie tried commenting about the rumour of him having another girl pregnant or the fact he was on welfare. The delivery fell flat as they can't deliver the slagging right. There is so many things you could say to him to get under his skin, Like when McGreger said last night "your Da smells of sh1te". Conors Da is a laughing stock who is milking his sons celeb, posing for pictures with a peace sign, another Irish man would target that. his sisters would be easy targets too, the dog groomer watsapp msg that went about.

Imagine someone said to him "so what if you are wearing a flash suit, 5 years ago you hadn't got a pot to pi55 in and you robbed money from john Kavanagh your coach and stopped taking his calls" can you imagine his face.

even last night when he said "i don't message men", you could say "i thought you were a family man, yet you are going around ridin birds behind your girlfriends back"
    You've been giving this a lot of thought.

• Advertisement

robbed money from john Kavanagh your coach and stopped taking his calls" can you imagine his face.

The fact that this has never come up is strange to me but it might just because it happened in Ireland and the scene was tiny at the time. But someone coming back to his "I never pull out of flights" line with "not even when you do a runner with the ticket money?" would be golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

D'Agger wrote: »
    Do you not think Khabib will maul him??

Has to catch him to maul him

Also conor’s takedown defence is under-rated

Could be a gleison tibau situation , stopping them and then smoking him

Also conor’s takedown defence is under-rated.

Could be a gleison tibau situation

Disagree on the first part. The one high level wrestler he fought he got taken down easily.

As an aside, Tibau's takedown defence is excellent, probably because he has a very good wrestling base and was a Rio state champion as a teenager and is also a BJJ black belt from a school that focuses a lot on takedowns and top pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'm thinking this fight won't happen. No Promotion, No Fans... I think Khabib or Conor are pulling out of this one and then it will be rescheduled for New Years. And then the proper promotion starts full time.

Something just doesn't seem right

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I'm thinking this fight won't happen. No Promotion, No Fans... I think Khabib or Conor are pulling out of this one and then it will be rescheduled for New Years. And then the proper promotion starts full time.

They just did a press conference with 500k people streaming it and thousands of idiots standing outside waiting for it to end.
    There could be a media blackout until 3 days before the fight and it would still sell well over 1 million PPVs. The only it doesn't happen is one of them get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Haha christ. I've read some tinfoil hat things on boards before but this one takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

dulux99 wrote: »
    Haha christ. I've read some tinfoil hat things on boards before but this one takes the biscuit.

haha i 'm dying to see this, I just threw that in just in case then I can quote and say I told you so :pac:

haha i 'm dying to see this, I just threw that in just in case then I can quote and say I told you so :pac:

Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Is it fair to say the extra weight he was carrying for the Diaz fights could have affected his Cardio? 155 is more of a natural weight for him to be fighting at and there was no sign of tiredness in the Alvarez fight. Hopefully this will help him.

Absolutely and a good point. He was eating steaks and putting on mass to get up to 170.
    Seen a similar example with GSP moving up to MW to fight Bisping. It looked like he was tired and had he not finished Bisping in that 3rd round he would have been gassed in the 4th.

Even if he does get mauled in a few rounds with Khabib's pressure I don't see him gassing. Khabib will be cutting a lot of weight himself so I don't see cardio being an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Free fight. I don't think Conor gets enough credit for this fight with the knee injury he got during camp.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Free fight. I don't think Conor gets enough credit for this fight with the knee injury he got during camp.

Peak McGregor. Great times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Has he a foot injury now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,657 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The colour is a deep, burnished golden brown. Whiskey normally takes its colour from the cask, but there is no way this colour is from the cask alone.

There has been a significant addition of spirit caramel colouring E150a, an entirely legal practice which is nonetheless controversial in the industry - some people think it misleads customers to believe the whiskey is older than it is, while the counter argument is that consumers desire consistency of colour across different batches of the same whiskey.

Found a small review of it here - https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/drink/conor-mcgregor-s-new-whiskey-a-taste-test-1.3634848
    Summary: An accessible whiskey, though not strongly flavoured, at an affordable price point, made by one of the island’s most respected distilleries. I expect this will end up being mixed or served over ice with something sweet.

Sounds fairly standard so, no game changer but was anyone expecting anything else really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Not to mention surviving against and getting the win over one of the best MMA wrestlers in the division, when he had been training for a striker.

Bodes well for October 6 when he can actual prepare for the wrestling Khabib will bring.

Whiskey connoisseurs are not his target market. Young lads trying to look cool at a house party are his target market.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,657 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Whiskey connoisseurs are not his target market. Young lads trying to look cool at a house party are his target market.

Does it not cost more than Jameson though? Young lads make choices with their wallet, although I am sure you can look cool and be broke at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Gintonious wrote: »

Does it not cost more than Jameson though? Young lads make choices with their wallet, although I am sure you can look cool and be broke at the same time.

Greygoose costs more than Smirnoff and while I'm no conissouer, I'd hazard a guess theres not an awful lot of difference in taste/quality.

It's giving the impression of being prestige while actually affordable.

Maybe it bombs, maybe it works. But he's the most famous irish person in the world right now probably and whisky is probably second only to Guinness for a drink synonymous with Ireland so makes sense.

Seeing plenty of people buying it ironically now, but they're buying it which is a start

I'm no connoisseur but there is a big difference between grey goose and Smirnoff. Goose is quality. As for whiskey, I don't have a clue, will buy a bottle once in a while. Saw Proper 12 in Tesco today for 35, gonna get a bottle next week and will toast the telly when Conor removes Khabib's head. I'm no youngfella going to house parties either.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement