Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

cliggg wrote: »
    Khabib didn't like the cursing from the press conference

I train with a lot of guys from his part of the world and they're all pretty much like that. Very courteous and mindful of causing offence, but you'd be a fool to take that as a sign of weakness, they're also a very tough people.

I've done doorwork for 25 years and have had hundreds of scumbags up in my face over the years, CmcG was everyone of those 25 yrs rolled up into 30 minutes, and you can't act that crap up.

Between those antics, his ol' lad and his sister.. Trailer park trash.

Mod: Fighter bashing and unnecessary comments about his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I train with a lot of guys from his part of the world and they're all pretty much like that. Very courteous and mindful of causing offence, but you'd be a fool to take that as a sign of weakness, they're also a very tough people.

No bad language but taking the piss out of homeless people is the right way to be a role model for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

From his social media it doesn't particularly look like he's finishing his camp in America. Has anyone else noticed that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

dulux99 wrote: »
    From his social media it doesn't particularly look like he's finishing his camp in America. Has anyone else noticed that?

He is. Hes at the UFC performance institute since Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

This day in 2 weeks the mauling will have taken place and Mcgregor will be broken and embarassed for all the world to see.

War Khabib !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

ricero wrote: »
    This day in 2 weeks the mauling will have taken place and Mcgregor will be broken and embarassed for all the world to see.

War Khabib !

And then you can finally ejaculate, his broken face the thing of many erotic dreams, but always just out of reach of climax.

Then you can eventually say "I told you so, after all this time, I told you someone would beat him"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

His sister?

I think it all well and good to criticise McGregors antics. But I don't think his family, his misses, etc are fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Conor has donated 2 tickets for the fight...... Very nice gesture by Conor.

Guess they're the lads tickets that were sent home :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

dulux99 wrote: »

They flew to Vegas straight after the press conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mellor wrote: »
    His sister?

I think it all well and good to criticise McGregors antics. But I don't think his family, his misses, etc are fair game.

When they put themselves out like they have done (looking for fame off their brothers name) they're fair game in my opinion. But hey its a CmcG thread and I'm not going to harp on about the rest of the clan.

Nice photo of Conor at 40'secs.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    His sister?

McGregor himself seems to have to no qualms attacking other fighters' family tho - e.g. Khabib's dad and the "bang of shiite off him" stuff the other day.

awful stuff. (even if his dad did apparently refer to McGregor at some point)

and as others said they have gone out of their way to attempt to be public figures (the dad and the sister) themselves using the fact that they are related to him so you have to deal with the good and bad of doing that.

When they put themselves out like they have done (looking for fame off their brothers name) they're fair game in my opinion. But hey its a CmcG thread and I'm not going to harp on about the rest of the clan.

lovely charm and manner about her for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

War Khabib !

And if he doesn't you move on to the next hope (Tony Ferguson terrible match up)

keep plugging away a horse is bound to come in eventually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

pgj2015 wrote: »
    No bad language but taking the piss out of homeless people is the right way to be a role model for kids.

Didn't he say he knew the homeless guys well and it was all in good spirit?

Conor is a hypocrite, shaking hands with Putin who has suppressed his people and contravened human rights and posing with Dublin gangsters. He was very quiet when Khabib asked him to ask Artem what their chat was really about...

I still want Conor to win but it's hard sometimes to reconcile that with his character when he throws a Ronda Rousey style rage.

On the other hand the fighters say he is respectful to their faces back stage... are we falling for this rubbish too much.

whatever happens definitely shaping up to be a fight that will have a lot of interest, even compared to say the Aldo fight.

The UFC are possibly the biggest hypocrites in all of this - shamelessly using the footage of the fracas in New York, especially considering Dana (even though he's only a figurehead rather than the real power of the owners) with his faux outrage at the time.

Just goes to show that it's all about the money - especially with the price paid for the UFC in the sale looking a tad high so putting pressure on things.

cloudatlas wrote: »

On the other hand the fighters say he is respectful to their faces back stage... are we falling for this rubbish too much.

in fairness whether you win or lose it's in your interest to be "respectful" after.

win - makes you look good to say they are a good fighter 'cos you won so implicitly you're even better than them

lose - makes you look better to say they are a good fighter 'cos you lost to them, you lost to a very good fighter

glasso wrote: »
    in fairness whether you win or lose it's in your interest to be "respectful" after.

win - makes you look good to say they are a good fighter 'cos you won so implicitly you're even better than them

lose - makes you look better to say they are a good fighter 'cos you lost to them, you lost to a very good fighter

I mean before the press conferences etc., fighters have said before backstage that he was completely different backstage... of course you are humble after a loss.

I mean before the press conferences etc., fighters have said before backstage that he was completely different backstage... of course you are humble after a loss.

I can't imagine him being too respectful with Khabib at the moment - given the bus stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

You should have put a warning on that. My ears ... the hurt ... be putting in a claim for eardrum damage for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I'd say that was in the earlier days when he was making a name for himself ....we've seen the pictures of him with Khabib and Woodley and video of him joking with Cerrone ........he would have no contact with fighters these days (or certainly not his competition) ..........I don't think he'd be much liked in that regard by fighters and I don't think he'd much care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭robwen

The press conference from the Khabib side

And then you can finally ejaculate, his broken face the thing of many erotic dreams, but always just out of reach of climax.

Then you can eventually say "I told you so, after all this time, I told you someone would beat him"

lol classic Mcgregor fanboy has completely erased the Diaz beatdown at ufc 196

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I've done doorwork for 25 years and have had hundreds of scumbags up in my face over the years, CmcG was everyone of those 25 yrs rolled up into 30 minutes, and you can't act that crap up.

I’ve said it here previously that whilst Conor is fair game for criticism, I just can’t understand why anyone would feel it’s necessary to criticise his family.

What exactly has his father done to warrant criticism for starters? Also, not sure but think I read that dog grooming thing turned out not to be her? Regardless, who cares!

Just smells of jealousy to be honest, can’t see how it could be anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

lol classic Mcgregor fanboy has completely erased the Diaz beatdown at ufc 196

Nope, I'm well aware of his loss there, and his previous losses outside the UFC.

I'm not a mega fanboy, I always said I find him interesting, interested in how he fights, and I've rolled my eyes enough to him and his particular fanboys that worship at the alter of CMcG, but you love him more than I do. You just love to hop on, and talk about him, and how awful he is, both as a fighter and a person.

I’ve said it here previously that whilst Conor is fair game for criticism, I just can’t understand why anyone would feel it’s necessary to criticise his family.

What exactly has his father done to warrant criticism for starters? Also, not sure but think I read that dog grooming thing turned out not to be her? Regardless, who cares!

Just smells of jealousy to be honest, can’t see how it could be anything else.

One of his sisters is doing the panto now, it's not related to Conor they are cashing in pushing themselves into the public eye, it lacks a bit of class when they've done nothing to earn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

War Khabib !

You really need him to lose.

Otherwise your life goes on as it is. Long nights of tearful hate-filled anger-**** to the last 30 seconds of the first Diaz fight on continuous loop.

The fanboy syndrome that you think has taken over anyone that doesn’t agree with you is eclipsed only by your all consuming hatred of him.

Mod: There is no place for that kind of comment here - don't post something like that again.

John_D80 wrote: »
    You really need him to lose.

Otherwise your life goes on as it is. Long nights of tearful hate-filled anger-**** to the last 30 seconds of the first Diaz fight on continuous loop.

The fanboy syndrome that you think has taken over anyone that doesn’t agree with you is eclipsed only by your all consuming hatred of him.

haha the fanboy is strong in you.

Dont hate the man in fact if you look at some of my posts on this thread from previous years you will see i was a big fan of his. But he deserves a humbling for his terrible behaviour the past couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

haha the fanboy is strong in you.

Dont hate the man in fact if you look at some of my posts on this thread from previous years you will see i was a big fan of his. But he deserves a humbling for his terrible behaviour the past couple of years.

Whatever happened in the interim has left you a very very bitter man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

One of his sisters is doing the panto now, it's not related to Conor they are cashing in pushing themselves into the public eye, it lacks a bit of class when they've done nothing to earn it.

It lacks class that his sister is doing a panto? Lol, like I said it just smells of jealousy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Khabib didn't like the cursing from the press conference

It's a bad influence on young people yet they treat women as second class citizens where he's from. Ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement