Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

cloudatlas wrote: »
    of course you are humble after a loss.

Darren Till: “He’s not a better fighter than me. And it kills me inside, it does.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I train with a lot of guys from his part of the world and they're all pretty much like that. Very courteous and mindful of causing offence....

Khabib hangs around with and takes money from a dictator who has captured and killed homosexuals, takes the piss out of homeless people for his entertainment, but draws the line at cursing :pac:

Conor did talk a lot of rot in that press conference but he was spot on when he went at Khabib for being a massive hypocrite. Suddenly Khabib went with the "I don't understand your English" response which is funny considering he seemed to understand everything up until that point with no issues.

Courteous and mindful of causing offence my hole. He's only offended (and only religious) when it suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭deezell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paully D wrote: »
    Khabib hangs around with and takes money from a dictator who has captured and killed homosexuals

So does John Kavanagh, James Gallagher and a few other SBG lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

deezell wrote: »

Hmm a link to the independent.ie website posted in this thread?

Without even opening it I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark at another holier than McGregor piece by Ewan McKenna?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

John_D80 wrote: »
    Hmm a link to the independent.ie website posted in this thread?

Without even opening it I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark at another holier than McGregor piece by Ewan McKenna?

Don't waste your time reading it. The journalist needs to unwind a little and relax. Enjoy the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Got a chuckle from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

ricero wrote: »
    Got a chuckle from this

are you tired off writing the words so you're just going to post pictures of them instead? stellar stuff!!

A combination of thuggery and idiocy..

About sums it up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That Ewan fella sounds like he'd be a great laugh at a party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭pgj2015

conor talking about khabib "thought he was a little hard man after a while with some money, like many people do."

reminds me of someone alright.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    conor talking about khabib "thought he was a little hard man after a while with some money, like many people do."

what a hippo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Also, with the hard man with a lot of of his chums around him, what did mcgregor have with the bus incident??

Pure and utter gob****e, Cmon Khabib, give him the beating that he really deserves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Definitely a pot meet kettle moment.

If Conor really wanted to put over that he was taking this fight seriously and personally he would have showed up in a proper suit, not the clown ones he normally wears, no pics or vids of him clowning around during training. Basically shelve the nonsense and he would have done more to get the point that this wasn't business as usual for him instead of his usual canned and desperate for attention antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

It lacks class that his sister is doing a panto? Lol, like I said it just smells of jealousy.

Are you serious? The panto.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

John_D80 wrote: »
    You really need him to lose.

Otherwise your life goes on as it is. Long nights of tearful hate-filled anger-**** to the last 30 seconds of the first Diaz fight on continuous loop.

The fanboy syndrome that you think has taken over anyone that doesn’t agree with you is eclipsed only by your all consuming hatred of him.

My new favorite term

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Definitely a pot meet kettle moment.

If Conor really wanted to put over that he was taking this fight seriously and personally he would have showed up in a proper suit, not the clown ones he normally wears, no pics or vids of him clowning around during training. Basically shelve the nonsense and he would have done more to get the point that this wasn't business as usual for him instead of his usual canned and desperate for attention antics.

It bloody works ....nearly 500k watching on utube and something like 3million on all formats worldwide......this cracks me up, what does the average UFC presser attract 15/20k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Are you serious? The panto.....

Go on then, explain it to us. How does it lack class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Have a spare ticket for the event if anyone is interested. Section 226.

Around €500-525 face value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Go on then, explain it to us. How does it lack class?

You see Flynn, Conor and therefore his family are not the athletes that our proud nation loves, the class of brian o'driscoll or paul o'connell, the humbleness of padriag harrington or barry mcguigian etc.

Can you blame so many for hating somebody that has achieved so so so little in there career and ****e on a bike some family members doing well over it,,,,, the shame the shame !!!!!!!

#tearfullhatefilledangerwanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

sonofenoch wrote: »
    It bloody works ....nearly 500k watching on utube and something like 3million on all formats worldwide......this cracks me up, what does the average UFC presser attract 15/20k?

What are the odds a majority of those 500K are the ones that say prowrestling sucks because its scripted and fake while UFC's been going that way for years [especially under WME]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Have a spare ticket for the event if anyone is interested. Section 226.

Around €500-525 face value.

Jaysus. Are those ringside seats?

I've never been to an MMA event but if they are priced at 500 quid, I never will be either. I think I paid 80-100 before for ringside seats at the national boxing stadium years ago but how your average punter could decide to shell out 500 quid for a random MMA event seat is beyond me.

Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Jaysus. Are those ringside seats?

I've never been to an MMA event but if they are priced at 500 quid, I never will be either. I think I paid 80-100 before for ringside seats at the national boxing stadium years ago but how your average punter could decide to shell out 500 quid for a random MMA event seat is beyond me.

Mental.

They're not ringside. When demand far exceeds supply, prices go up. The prices are a bit excessive but you can hardly compare one of the most anticipated fights ever to an evening at the national boxing stadium. Its not like its a ticket for a cage warriors fight.

dulux99 wrote: »
    They're not ringside. When demand far exceeds supply, prices go up. The prices are a bit excessive but you can hardly compare one of the most anticipated fights ever to an evening at the national boxing stadium. Its not like its a ticket for a cage warriors fight.

To be fair, the tickets I had were for a relatively big event and had a face value printed on them of maybe 200 or even 250. I bought them from someone online at the time who was probably given them by the promoter or something.

But still, 500 quid for an average seat at an event that might last 60 seconds.

Cannot be justified by your average punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭clsmooth

How come around the time Conor has a fight coming up a load of people (who I never see post in the MMA forum) feel the need to come in and tell us how much they dont like Conor. I am not a massive fan of Bono but I am not over on the music forum talking sh!te about him when U2 release an album.

Bono’s ground game is sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

To be fair, the tickets I had were for a relatively big event and had a face value printed on them of maybe 200 or even 250. I bought them from someone online at the time who was probably given them by the promoter or something.

I'm the average punter and I've justified it to myself by going. Big events cost big money, that's life. I was very lucky to get tickets too, there were plenty of people in the other thread who weren't so lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well just to give you an example, I spent over $300 dollars on a ticket to UFC 194 for a seat in the second row from the back. The main event lasted 13 seconds and it was worth every last penny (the fact that the rest of the card was great didn’t hurt either). Just because you don’t see value in something doesn’t mean others can’t.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

they are cashing in pushing themselves into the public eye, it lacks a bit of class when they've done nothing to earn it.

Oh no it doesn't...

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well just to give you an example, I spent over $300 dollars on a ticket to UFC 194 for a seat in the second row from the back. The main event lasted 13 seconds and it was worth every last penny (the fact that the rest of the card was great didn’t hurt either). Just because you don’t see value in something doesn’t mean others can’t.

People are free to spend their own money however they wish.

I suppose that if a person is already dropping a few grand on flights, accommodation and drinking, then the difference between 100 and 500 for the ticket doesn't really change the overall cost of the holiday too much

Still, I'd rather take that 500 and put it towards some flights and accommodation for a weekend trip to somewhere in Europe. Or any other of a hundred uses I could find for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For all the Tony fans out there, he's on the Ariel show tomorrow :pac:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1043916166631223297?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement