Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I got a bottle of that whiskey. It's actually really nice. Just have to make it last to fight night now to toast the telly when Conor removes Khabib's head.

Did you drink it neat or with a mixture?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Did you drink it neat or with a mixture?

First had it neat, was lovely and smooth, easy to drink compared to others (I'm no whiskey connoisseur however). Nice slight aftertaste of honey. I'm not a fan of honey but it gives this a nice flavour. With a baby however, i wouldn't be doing too much neat drinking. Had a dash of coke and was really nice, a little bit sweet so could do with an ol slice of lemon or something.

I think I'd prefer it to Jameson but I'd want to have a glass of each one after the other to know for sure. Could have been that I was absolutely gasping for a drink so it was the best thing ever at the time.

And that's my official professional once in a while whiskey buying review :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

With a baby however, i wouldn't be doing too much neat drinking.

Babies prefer to add a bit of Sprite or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Was drinking Green Spot at the weekend that was finished in Bordeaux wine casks, would recommend putting an extra few bob with the price of proper 12 and trying that - was top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Babies prefer to add a bit of Sprite or something?

Ah no, we already dipped her dummy into it a bit and she started roaring "you'll do ****ing nuttin" when I told her it was bedtime. I'd keep babies away from Proper 12 altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Yeah he will need to cut the cords on ventures not providing profit early enough or he will be fighting a lot more.

How much money would McGregor Fast be expending though, I wouldn't say it costs too much to keep going but it looks as a niche program it hasn't been successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I got a bottle of that whiskey. It's actually really nice. Just have to make it last to fight night now to toast the telly when Conor removes Khabib's head.

Good articles on the business side and taste.

https://malt-review.com/2018/09/24/proper-no-twelve/

https://whiskeygate.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/my-take-on-the-new-notorious-whiskey/

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

cloudatlas wrote: »
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Yeah he will need to cut the cords on ventures not providing profit early enough or he will be fighting a lot more.

How much money would McGregor Fast be expending though, I wouldn't say it costs too much to keep going but it looks as a niche program it hasn't been successful.

It seems to be a way to keep people on his payroll busy outside of fight camps.

The bald fella (Colin?) who does the blogs and the Julian Darby doctor guy - he's a full time Conor guy isn't he know? don't know him or owt but don't think he's practicing - and only so much work to do with Conor himself.

Probably costs a small amount to run - with the main cost being the doctors salary which he's gonna be paying anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

The bald fella (Colin?) who does the blogs and the Julian Darby doctor guy - he's a full time Conor guy isn't he know? don't know him or owt but don't think he's practicing - and only so much work to do with Conor himself.

Probably costs a small amount to run - with the main cost being the doctors salary which he's gonna be paying anyways

i havent a clue about tax and **** especially USA types, but of your a fighter with deep pockets you can claim alot as expencises no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I think there are 11 guys in company plus admin costs prsi etc. not that cheap. Looks like they have been relying on him for marketing.

The low cost model, I have similar as part of my gym membership the gold would be for people who want to just follow a model and not think about it 90 dollars includes 15 mins skype a week. Expensive to grow that model. Not sure how they can monitor the values for you??

• Advertisement

i havent a clue about tax and **** especially USA types, but of your a fighter with deep pockets you can claim alot as expencises no ?

Yeah whatever way he's set up, all the costs can be offset against income - reducing his tax bill.

Its worth noting that loss making companies are not 'tax write offs' as a lot of people seem to think.

Just that your big income tax bill will be reduced at the rate of tax you're paying as a percentage of these costs.

I'd say the MacLife loses more money than McGregor fast.

They've got a few people 'permantly on the payroll that add nothing to his camps. He'll be paying salaries, equipment, flights, accom, etc

And what returns does he get? ad revenue from the site and youtube views won't nearly cover it. They have a gambling company that does an ad before every video but again I dont think that'll cover the costs.

Always seems mad that he doesn't do the odd interviews with them similar to what he did with severemma - if he wanted to get them views and subscribers that's an obvious route they've never bothered with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

<snip>
    Mod: Not very wise to go making accusations like that online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

McGregor doesn’t seem to have the same expanded “local” crew for this fight that he had for the last few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

xtal191 wrote: »

**** me, that's a promo and a half.

It'll top 2m views.

**** me, that's a promo and a half.

It'll top 2m views.

Great promo that. Really nice.

I know everyone picked up on McGregor shouting "don't come at the king" as he walked off stage but less audible was the follow up line "and if you do, you best not miss"

The whole phrase is a direct quote pretty much by Omar Little in 'The Wire'. Great show and great line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

1st Roddy Vlog up

Oooh thanks. g'wan da Roddy!!!
    [/JINX] Now it's almost nearly really happening [/UNJINX]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Great interview with Tony McGregor on Helwanis show today.. what a man. Conor must be mortified for him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Great interview with Tony McGregor on Helwanis show today.. what a man. Conor must be mortified for him

If you were to write a parody of the stereotypical Dublin taxi driver you could just base it on TMcG. Like a walking caricature.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Great promo that. Really nice.

I know everyone picked up on McGregor shouting "don't come at the king" as he walked off stage but less audible was the follow up line "and if you do, you best not miss"

The whole phrase is a direct quote pretty much by Omar Little in 'The Wire'. Great show and great line.

Didn’t end great for Omar, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you were to write a parody of the stereotypical Dublin taxi driver you could just base it on TMcG. Like a walking caricature.
    I really can't shake the idea that his whole social media persona is a giant troll-job. Coinage FFS. Can't be real.

In other news, the missus was giving a bottle of proper 12 in work the other day (he's leaving this week). No idea how they got it in australia. Might be worth the price tag, but can't get better value than free.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Only allowed 3 in his corner and UFC don't give you front row tickets for your mates like boxing,
    Plus wasn't he in America for months leading up to the Mayweather so had all his buddy's keeping him company and doing promo videos and world tour with him, this time its a few weeks and no real media tour or pics ,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭pgj2015

mcgregors father on upcoming projects for him, reminded me of david brent when he was being asked questions by the mc in the club. "so what have you got coming up"? david brent “Yeah, doing more of these, doing my walks for Mencap. And I’ve got lots of stuff in the pipeline.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I really have no idea why anyone would want to listen to an interview with McGregor's oul fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ChrisM

If McGregor gets the finish I think this is the kind of sloppy movement that will provide the opening...

http://freegifmaker.me/images/2cYHH/

ChrisM wrote: »
    If McGregor gets the finish I think this is the kind of sloppy movement that will provide the opening...

His stand up really is incredible poor for someone 26-0. It just highlights how good his takedowns and top control are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

His stand up really is incredible poor for someone 26-0. It just highlights how good his takedowns and top control are.
    agree Conor will not be as sloppy and uncomposed as RDA was there, McGregor  is always calm and give him an opening on the feet he will blast you, Its no coincidence Diaz is that one who's giving him the most problems , as he is clam and relaxed boxing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Can honestly see Khabib just take down Mcgregor within first chance he gets and maul.

No way he stands and bangs imo. If he does have an iron chin than Mcgregor is in for a long night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement