Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

How does Conor have the two belts? I thought they were taken off him? Or are they just ones you get to get for yourself when you win?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    How does Conor have the two belts? I thought they were taken off him? Or are they just ones you get to get for yourself when you win?

When you win a belt you get to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Conor only realized that about 2 years ago re the belts.

I hear there will be an open to public presser in Vegas, wonder when and where they will do that? Hard to do it very close to fight as they will be cutting weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Conor only realized that about 2 years ago re the belts.

I hear there will be an open to public presser in Vegas, wonder when and where they will do that? Hard to do it very close to fight as they will be cutting weight.

Probably one of the big rooms in the MGM.
    They had one there for UFC 200 the week of the fight.
    Similar with McGregor v Mendes/Aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

They always have a presser on fight week, usually the Thursday before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah brain freeze there, not sure I'll get to it will be landing Thursday early evening.

Not sure why all the talk of security, not like I am going to fight some random Russian lad in Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Yeah brain freeze there, not sure I'll get to it will be landing Thursday early evening.

Not sure why all the talk of security, not like I am going to fight some random Russian lad in Vegas.

They might fight you though, the mad f*ckers. I'd be lying if I said it hadnt crossed my mind.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just listening to Tony on the MMA show....holy **** if that was my auld lad trying to big me up i'd be snapping.

Brand ambassador and all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

haO9SuP.jpg

Size difference at the UFC 205 weigh in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

ricero wrote: »
    Can honestly see Khabib just take down Mcgregor within first chance he gets and maul.

Nah, Conner will be too quick with the left, Khaibs won't have a chance.
    Not an ounce of extra weight on MacGregor, he'll be too fast for Khaibs, even if Khabibs can make weight, which is looking doubtful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Who think's Conor will be P4P #1 if he gets the win? I think he will for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I really have no idea why anyone would want to listen to an interview with McGregor's oul fella.

Because he's "gas" and a "feckin legend".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

D'Agger wrote: »
    Was drinking Green Spot at the weekend that was finished in Bordeaux wine casks, would recommend putting an extra few bob with the price of proper 12 and trying that - was top notch

Greenspot Leo Barton. Probably my favourite of the stuff I have. But It's more than a few bob extra. Twice the price per bottle. Worth it imo, but some people wouldn't justify €70 on a whiskey. Their loss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Standman wrote: »
    Because he's "gas" and a "feckin legend".
    Love Conor but his oul lad is some gobshite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Interesting article here on former SBG fighter Myles Price training with Khabib for the fight! I'm sure Conor would consider this the ultimate betrayal.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/25/17900016/former-sbg-fighter-myles-price-helps-khabib-nurmagomedov-for-ufc-229-calls-out-peter-queally

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Ha, like Nate going after Danis for being part of Conors camp.

Myles was never an SBG fighter AFAIK?

He's been with Andy Ryan for years if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Effects wrote: »
    Ha, like Nate going after Danis for being part of Conors camp.

Called him an American traitor or something like that. I'd understand if they trained together. But opposite sides of the country, different affiliations, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

eeloe wrote: »

Give the latest Eurobash podcast a listen. He talks about his time in SBG and why he left.

He says straight out that he doesn’t like Conor. Does a pretty convincing job of describing what it feels like wrestling with Khabib too.

Also, Neil Seery is always worth a listen to.

eeloe wrote: »

According to the article he was but left to join team Ryano. I've never heard of the man before today but he implies that he left SBG because he didn't get along with Conor.

• Advertisement

Just read the article that was linked above, I always thought he was Ryano from day 1....well damn.

Calling out Queally or Danis....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

cliggg wrote: »
    Interesting article here on former SBG fighter Myles Price training with Khabib for the fight! I'm sure Conor would consider this the ultimate betrayal.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/25/17900016/former-sbg-fighter-myles-price-helps-khabib-nurmagomedov-for-ufc-229-calls-out-peter-queally

He calls Ali a nice guy, completely invalidating the rest of the article.

He says McGregor is quite narcissistic?..I'd have trouble believing that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

why has he a tattoo of conor on his shoulder?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Another one of these McGregor Fast team vlogs up....

Has yer man got a really small head or what's the story with him wearing hats that are too big for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Another one of these McGregor Fast team vlogs up....

They have had pretty much zero access to Conor so far in the 3 vlogs they've released.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The FAST vids aren't a patch on Roddy's.

I'm guessing The Mac life will have a series as well? 3 vlogs about the same camp might be a but much though.

sc86 wrote: »
    why has he a tattoo of conor on his shoulder?
    It was originally on Conor's shoulder but he stole it when he left. Another act of betrayal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The Mac Life vlogs for Diaz II were excellent, particularly the last one... hope they put out some more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement