Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Dillon danis posted a pic of him and conor on the mats in UFC PI

Caption “ rounds and rounds “

Seems all is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

If you know anyone with BT they could give you login details for the mobile service?

Don't think I do.ill just have search and search on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Is there no BT box office option - there was with Sky for the Joshua fight last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Dillon danis posted a pic of him and conor on the mats in UFC PI

Caption “ rounds and rounds “

Seems all is ok

Just says 'rounds' not 'rounds and rounds'. It's good to see some training though this time they've been very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Is there no BT box office option - there was with Sky for the Joshua fight last weekend.

Nope. To be fair, if you do have Sky then you can subscribe to Eir Sports, you can cancel after two months. It'll cost you under €50 and you get a decent amount of sport with that, not to mention next month's PPV. Not a bad deal really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Looks like he is holding his knee in that picture of him and Dani's. Hes also grimacing in pain. Leg is definitely broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoH2kvSngZh/

Conor the only one on the mat with footwear on. Using it like a protective boot???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

Where the **** is Ido Portal? He cant win without him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

xtal191 wrote: »

Still playing touchbutt in the park

xtal191 wrote: »

Too busy being a snake oil salesman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Whelo79 wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BoH2kvSngZh/

Conor the only one on the mat with footwear on. Using it like a protective boot???

Probably just drilling wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pgj2015 wrote: »
    kavanagh and mcgregor also said conor would knock mayweather out:rolleyes:
    I wouldn't believe everything somebody says when promoting a fight worth maybe half a billion in revenue.
    What happens if there is another Aldo style knockout, by either man?? Where does that put either of them regarding their future in UFC??

I know if McGregor sparks Khabib it’ll probably put him in the conversation as in if the best ever, but who does he go on to face? Is there any competition for him at the moment without going up weight??

Or what if Khabib sparks McGregor? 27 and 0 with a definitive ko against one of, if not the, UFCs biggest star? Where does he go from there? Does it cement his status as a great? Or does he need to fight more ranked opponents??
    :eek:

If he sparks Khabib easily in the first, he goes straight to P4P #1 and among the best to ever do it imo. I'm just surprised to hear you agree. ;)
    I also think Khabib needs a few more big wins to reach that status. Considering he hasn't actually beat any champions or former champions, yet.

As for who the winner fights, Tony is still standing, kicking steel poles, waiting for his shot. And the winner of Dustin v Nate is in obvious contention.

People are talking about the UFC wanting Conor for 165. I'm not sure. If anything. I feel they would rather see him win here and stay at 155 fighting whoever. It's in Conor interest to challenge himself. Move up etc. Which takes time. It's in the UFC interest to get a quick turnaround.

I thought they were wrestling shoes. With Sergei standing by. But on closer look I think they are boxing boots. Although, some people use the same for both.
    Could be protecting an injury, routine from MayMac, or slippy mats,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Another of the McG Fast vlogs (no Conor, but some behind the scenes with Megan of the upcoming interview):

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I'd keep licking megan olivi until her skin was all gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

ardinn wrote: »
    I'd keep licking megan olivi until her skin was all gone!

She's a fine bird alright !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

Anybody know if there will be a countdown episode? If there is then hopefully it will be out this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Megatitan wrote: »
    Anybody know if there will be a countdown episode? If there is then hopefully it will be out this weekend!

Not sure. Looking foward to beyond the octagon too. Hour long special

The lads are pure cool with their rented cars..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

The lads are pure cool with their rented cars..

Was the bus late again this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

that video is a waiste of 10 mins - dont bother lads

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I wouldn't believe everything somebody says when promoting a fight worth maybe half a billion in revenue.

If he sparks Khabib easily in the first, he goes straight to P4P #1 and among the best to ever do it imo. I'm just surprised to hear you agree. ;)
    I also think Khabib needs a few more big wins to reach that status. Considering he hasn't actually beat any champions or former champions, yet.

As for who the winner fights, Tony is still standing, kicking steel poles, waiting for his shot. And the winner of Dustin v Nate is in obvious contention.

People are talking about the UFC wanting Conor for 165. I'm not sure. If anything. I feel they would rather see him win here and stay at 155 fighting whoever. It's in Conor interest to challenge himself. Move up etc. Which takes time. It's in the UFC interest to get a quick turnaround.

I thought they were wrestling shoes. With Sergei standing by. But on closer look I think they are boxing boots. Although, some people use the same for both.

He beat RDA who was a champ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »

He beat RDA who was a champ

Not when Khabib beat him.

Another of the McG Fast vlogs (no Conor, but some behind the scenes with Megan of the upcoming interview):

The quality of these Vlogs is dropping rapidly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The quality of these Vlogs is dropping rapidly.

When you see who's involved in making them it's not surprising. Leeches with zero talent, skills or initiative.

When you see who's involved in making them it's not surprising. Leeches with zero talent, skills or initiative.

That may apply to some of them but Colin Byrne seems like a decent bloke owns his own MMA academy in Portugal, seems to have achieved something under his own steam...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

The amount of hangers on in those videos.

Does anyone notice how he seems to have certain friends/ hangers on around for a period of time, then he just replaces them.
    Tom Egan was always by his side up till TUF....gone
    those two Dunphy brothers.....Haven't seen them 2 in a while
    Gerry Byrne was all over the Mayweather camp carrying the bucket like a champ....Gone
    Charlie "face plant" Ward was with him all the time, even held his hand when he went to Court...Gone
    Those 2 Drug dealer Murray brothers....Gone
    Ido Portal....Gone

cloudatlas wrote: »
    That may apply to some of them but Colin Byrne seems like a decent bloke owns his own MMA academy in Portugal, seems to have achieved something under his own steam...

Agreed. Colin runs this vlog and is very good at what he does (usually).

In other news, Khabib still sparing heavy?? Noticeable marking around his right eye here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoNTPDxneXI/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=e1u1jzuabbgq

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

PLOPS wrote: »
    The amount of hangers on in those videos.

Does anyone notice how he seems to have certain friends/ hangers on around for a period of time, then he just replaces them.
    Tom Egan was always by his side up till TUF....gone
    those two Dunphy brothers.....Haven't seen them 2 in a while
    Gerry Byrne was all over the Mayweather camp carrying the bucket like a champ....Gone
    Charlie "face plant" Ward was with him all the time, even held his hand when he went to Court...Gone
    Those 2 Drug dealer Murray brothers....Gone
    Ido Portal....Gone
    Surely these lads are getting older and have families, jobs, now and can't just up and leave ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I don't get why Ido Portal gets such a bad rep. He was helping with light movement and mobility which is an essential part of training. I was actually fascinated by it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement