Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

Surely these lads are getting older and have families, jobs, now and can't just up and leave ,

Bet they'll all be in Vegas for the fights. To be fair I reckon Conor just picks diff people for each camp so all his mates get to experience it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I don't get why Ido Portal gets such a bad rep. He was helping with light movement and mobility which is an essential part of training. I was actually fascinated by it

Because it’s cool to criticize people you don’t know from behind a keyboard and screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Surely these lads are getting older and have families, jobs, now and can't just up and leave ,

In normal circumstances i'd agree, but i think most on that list wouldn't be of that frame of mind. If Mcgregor gives them the nod no join him on the camp, they'd walk out the front door with their children left in the bath.

Charlie Ward, The Murray drug dealers and The Dunphy Barrels don't strike me as the type to turn their noses up at an all expense trip to Vegas carrying the water bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I don't get why Ido Portal gets such a bad rep. He was helping with light movement and mobility which is an essential part of training. I was actually fascinated by it

Because it's funny.

AcceptableAnotherAstarte.gif

3ornkeLyD1CSKBVVjW.gif

It's very ironic how McGregors fans have such a lack of a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

bur wrote: »
    Because it's funny.

It's very ironic how McGregors fans have such a lack of a sense of humour.

Humour is subjective I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Ariel Helwani would sicken you they way he constantly licks mcgregor's ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

PLOPS wrote: »

In normal circumstances i'd agree, but i think most on that list wouldn't be of that frame of mind. If Mcgregor gives them the nod no join him on the camp, they'd walk out the front door with their children left in the bath.

Charlie Ward, The Murray drug dealers and The Dunphy Barrels don't strike me as the type to turn their noses up at an all expense trip to Vegas carrying the water bottles.
    I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

I

Yeah seen that,he was Chief bottle holder for a while. Must be tough trying to act all flash and have a big party when the reality is you don't have the cash to back it up. Mcgregor needs to grow up as well though, he has a kid with another on the way yet he's up all sorts. Can't see it ending well for him, he may have money to last 10 lifetimes but he'll never get back the time wasted from his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The quality of these Vlogs is dropping rapidly.

Will Harris (Anatomy of a Fighter) has risen the bar when it comes to vlogs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

Will Harris (Anatomy of a Fighter) has risen the bar when it comes to vlogs

Great channel, well worth subscribing to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Agreed. Colin runs this vlog and is very good at what he does (usually).

In other news, Khabib still sparing heavy?? Noticeable marking around his right eye here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoNTPDxneXI/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=e1u1jzuabbgq

And his neck.

Also, I wonder which one in the group is the Irish lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

And his neck.

First fella on the left i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

And his neck.

None of those lads in that photo are Myles Price.

13 lads in a photo, at the end of a camp that went so well it finished 2 days early (as per Javier Mendes) and the only smile between them all is from the big ginger lad on the left. Cheer up lads, it's not a funeral!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Ali's just as good at twitter as he is at paying child support.

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/1045187591731998720?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

In tomorrows FAST VLOG, the guy who cleans the showers in UFC institute... Conor dropping some cash for his entourage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Karlakakarlo

Anyone know will their be another presser before the weigh ins. Its crazy the way their really isnt much hype around it all ufc seem to do on twitter is just take snippets from the presser in new york.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anyone know will their be another presser before the weigh ins. Its crazy the way their really isnt much hype around it all ufc seem to do on twitter is just take snippets from the presser in new york.

There will be, dana confirmed in his last scrum. Fans invited to this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

There's normally a media day on fight week though haven't seen it confirmed anywhere - be utterly shocked if there wasn't one. Then open work outs, weigh ins, etc

The next week tends to fly by with all the content and hype - then Saturday itself dragggs till that 5am ring/octagon walk

• Did BT just lose the rights to the fight?
    Rumors circulating on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did BT just lose the rights to the fight?

No - Eleven sports have won UFC rights for UK/Ireland from 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Did BT just lose the rights to the fight?

BT have lost the rights to the UFC from 2019.

The Conor Khabib fight is still under their existing deal.

I personally thought it was going to be BT PPV but obviously not (I assume this is BT wanting to annoy the UFC as part of fall out since they feel done over after Bisping Silva wasn't included in their deal).

The future deal is with a broadcaster that doesn't even have a tv channel right now. So rights will be online only and talk that some numbered events will be PPV as well as your subscription. A bad move if they want exposure for the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Load of clickbait headlines 'McGregor to fight on Eleven Sports as BT looses UFC contract', then when you click in 'from next year....'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

pgj2015 wrote: »

Helwani's been a known UFC schill for years. He outed himself when he went on his Cro-Cop tirade on ESPN [without even contacting Cro-Cop first to see what was true or not]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Helwani's been a known UFC schill for years. He outed himself when he went on his Cro-Cop tirade on ESPN [without even contacting Cro-Cop first to see what was true or not]

Ariel Helwani is many things, but UFC shill?

What you smoking?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He beat RDA who was a champ
    When Khabib beat him he wasn't a former champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

JoeyJJ wrote: »

Ugh, half the interview talking about the Mayweather fight.

• Load of clickbait headlines 'McGregor to fight on Eleven Sports as BT looses UFC contract', then when you click in 'from next year....'

Yep that's where I got caught! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Ive literaly watched every clip of khabib online as ive not seen him as much as id of liked to if you go back to dos Anjos, it actually looks like he has regressed, he was striking (Badly but striking) now he very very rareky strikes if you look at MJ and Him he didnt throw alot of hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    pgj2015 wrote: »

Helwani's had more issues than anyone with the UFC , he certainly isn't a schill .He was banned from there events at one stage for breaking the Brock to fight at 200 news

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement