Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Infact I really like Helwani,
    Back in the day he gave the UFC great exposure out of his own love for MMA, he was doing interviews with guys before it became the in thing and before UFC was seen as a proper sport, he wasn't even making money it was costing him to do it,
    Helwani in my opinion was a trail blazer in MMA reporting ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Ugh, half the interview talking about the Mayweather fight.

Bodes well for ESPN taking over Fox next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So I heard the fight is shown live on Eleven. Can I just pay for one month to watch this fight? I have Sky, so is there a sky channel? How will I watch on TV? Is Eleven only available on tablet? Can I use a chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So I heard the fight is shown live on Eleven. Can I just pay for one month to watch this fight? I have Sky, so is there a sky channel? How will I watch on TV? Is Eleven only available on tablet? Can I use a chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

GiftofGab wrote: »

Eleven have won the rights from 2019.
    Conor-Khabib will be shown on BT as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Read the thread before posting. The fight will still be shown on BT Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SteM

A shill!! The lad was in tears on his show when the ufc banned him from events a little while back. Dana White wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire if you believe the stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Read the thread before posting. The fight will still be shown on BT Sports.

How dare he inconvenience you by not reading the thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I just booked Monday the 8th off work. Hopefully the fight will be done and dusted by 6am because it's lights out at the Japanese Grand Prix at 6.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I just booked Monday the 8th off work. Hopefully the fight will be done and dusted by 6am because it's lights out at the Japanese Grand Prix at 6.10.

If they get delayed they have to pay more to ppv companies so if its meant to finish at 6 it more than likely will. Csnt remember last time they were late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

We are going to get this and 'what time does the McGregor fight start at' at least twice a day every day between now and next Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hadn’t seen this picture before - quality!

https://twitter.com/themmafocus/status/1045201300105908224?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mcgregor never had any fashion sense so going by that 2009 pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭pgj2015

ricero wrote: »
    Mcgregor never had any fashion sense so going by that 2009 pic.

the two mates wearing t shirts while mcgregor needs a scarf:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If Pat got that close to Conor now there's a serious chance Conors head comes off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The body language expert . Khabib is ****ed

https://youtu.be/-FcH9zEDzTg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Absolutely brilliant. I don't care if it's true or bs. Need more of this stuff. Not seeing Robin black doing any breakdowns?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Absolutely brilliant. I don't care if it's true or bs. Need more of this stuff. Not seeing Robin black doing any breakdowns?

Nowhere to be seen. Likely nursing a foot injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I dont normally pay much attention to those things as you can do the whole thing again and narrate it differently and conor looks like the one who comes off terribly, but one good point was how far short kebab stopped - yer man said three feet, i'd say it was more, they were nearly facing off on the steps at the side of the stage when they were done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Robin released a 2 hour video on YouTube today. Haven't watched it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

That’s was bleedin hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Karlakakarlo

Seen an interveiw megan olive said t mobile area for the weigh ins be a ticket event would they be able available on the ufc fightpass for members first?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

he does 1 minute breakdowns on his IG if people can't handle his 2 hour rabit hole approach.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPZ6SBlmFU/?hl=en&taken-by=robinblackmma
    like the body language guy he has some good points but sometimes get lost in it all or it can just a bit too much... so the 1 minutes might be better or shorter at least...

Ariel Helwani interview on Off The Ball today. Great to see a mainstream outlet here taking the sport seriously and not just sniggering at the human cock fighters

Robins best work is this on khabib v bear

https://youtu.be/iiFO6xCWWr4

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

I do not normally like Luke Thomas interviews but for anyone that has 30 mins free, Karim offers excellent insight into the Ali/Putin/Bahrain thing. Of particular interest to me is how Kavanagh could be so uninformed to get into that whole Bahrain association with SBG

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ariel Helwani interview on Off The Ball today. Great to see a mainstream outlet here taking the sport seriously and not just sniggering at the human cock fighters

Wait for the “he kicked him in the head, Joe” crowd on fight week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I remember watching this inteview years ago after his Brimage fight when people used to give out about how he acted at press conferences:

Conor interview after Brimage

This is an interview five years ago, immediately after his first fight in the UFC.
    I just thought he (Brimage) was getting emotionally attached, he was getting upset the Irish people were going on his facebook and going on this thing and thats crazy to me. You know, everyone one of you's here could stand here and spit at me and throw bricks at me and do what you's want to me, you know what I mean? It makes no difference to me, it's emotion free in there, you can't carry emotions in there.

And outside of it, outside of it it's a game - like all that at the weigh-ins and all I dont, it's all, I honestly feel like Stone Cold Steve Austin or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Ariel interview on off the ball. Feels the Irish are being too hard on McGregor and reading too much into the press conference and that we also hold him up to a certain standard and as a role model but forget that he is a fighter and all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement