Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Seen in one of the papers last week that when Conor's jet landed in NYC last week the police came on and refused entry to two people. I wonder which 2 of his cling ons it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Nowhere to be seen. Likely nursing a foot injury.

Ahahahaha underrated comment here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Seen in one of the papers last week that when Conor's jet landed in NYC last week the police came on and refused entry to two people. I wonder which 2 of his cling ons it was?

Was definitely Andy Murray anyway. He had a picture up on his Instagram of him standing outside a private jet with the caption "now let's get out of here"

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Are people honestly thinking that Conor is is injured or has injured his foot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

MarkJD wrote: »
    Are being honestly thinking that Conor is is injured or has injured his foot?

After watching these vlogs I’m wondering if he’s even in Las Vegas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Naos wrote: »
    I remember watching this inteview years ago after his Brimage fight when people used to give out about how he acted at press conferences:

Conor interview after Brimage

This is an interview five years ago, immediately after his first fight in the UFC.

Crazy watching this interview. All of the aspirations he mentioned - becoming champ/ stardom/ taking a chunk of cash from the UFC/ showing the wider public what mma is and more - he's achieved. It's so easy to forget the magnitude of what he's done; too easy to be distracted by the noise surrounding him.

To think it'll be even crazier if he takes out Khabib...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I'd say see the whispers about something being up in camp might start to get louder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Something definitely up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Why do people think there is something up? Cause there is no footage of him training at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Something definitely up.

Why you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Nah just seems they've keeping footage of Conor training under lock and key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I'd say see the whispers about something being up in camp might start to get louder...

WhatsApp again yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Another of the McG Fast vlogs (no Conor, but some behind the scenes with Megan of the upcoming interview):

Whays the tune in the suburbian?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MarkJD wrote: »
    Ariel interview on off the ball. Feels the Irish are being too hard on McGregor and reading too much into the press conference and that we also hold him up to a certain standard and as a role model but forget that he is a fighter and all that.
    I think the bold part is kinda true. How often in recent weeks/months have we heard;

"I'm getting a bit sick of McGregors antics"
    "That presser would turn you off him"
    "I'm not a fan of this aggressive shouting Conor. Bring back the old Conor"
    "Can't wait to see Khabib **** this guys mouth"
    "Fuck El Chapo"

But isn't that the point of the antics/gimmick. To wind people up, get them frustrated and emotional invested. Look at what happened to Brimage, Poirier, Also and Eddie. Every one of them was emotonal invest in the fight and everyone of them played into Conor's game. They also happen to be Conor's most one sided performances. 3 quick finishes and 8 minute domination.

Obviously none of the fans are the target of the wind up. But it's inevitable, if you spend so much time watching interviews, pressers, comments, etc. You get sucked into the game.
    Nah just seems they've keeping footage of Conor training under lock and key.
    Haven't seen much of Khabib's training either. Kinda makes sense for any fighter to keep their cards close to their chest.

Mellor wrote: »
    I think the bold part is kinda true. How often in recent weeks/months have we heard;

"I'm getting a bit sick of McGregors antics"
    "That presser would turn you off him"
    "I'm not a fan of this aggressive shouting Conor. Bring back the old Conor"
    "Can't wait to see Khabib **** this guys mouth"
    "Fuck El Chapo"

But isn't that the point of the antics/gimmick. To wind people up, get them frustrated and emotional invested. Look at what happened to Brimage, Poirier, Also and Eddie. Every one of them was emotonal invest in the fight and everyone of them played into Conor's game. They also happen to be Conor's most one sided performances. 3 quick finishes and 8 minute domination.

Obviously none of the fans are the target of the wind up. But it's inevitable, if you spend so much time watching interviews, pressers, comments, etc. You get sucked into the game.

Haven't seen much of Khabib's training either. Kinda makes sense for any fighter to keep their cards close to their chest.

I haven't seen anyone say they want to see khabib **** his mouth in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ariel Helwani interview on Off The Ball today. Great to see a mainstream outlet here taking the sport seriously and not just sniggering at the human cock fighters
    Off the Ball have been covering the UFC for years.

Off the Ball have been covering the UFC for years.

Not to the extent that they are now. Usually was 2 or 3 minutes at stupid o clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

You'd especially want to keep training routines close to your chest when only a fortnight or so ago Woodley mentioned seeing Till practice the shot he went for that gave Tyron is opening for the knockdown.

Maybe its conspiracy tin foil hat stuff - like I've had myself wondering of I've seen Conor on the mats in boots before after the Roddy photo the other day ffs.

No smoke without fire and all that - you kinda see what you think you're gonna see though when you've got preconceived notions - oh the camps less confident, oh they're keeping him away from the blogs cos he's injured- when in reality they're not much different than before

Chechen minister for foreign affairs has come out and said
    " I have come to an alarming thought about the mental health of this exalted upstart. Otherwise he would not make statements like this the Mexican cockerel"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Jist looking at the mother's Twitter feed, actually felt close to crying. What's probably peanuts for Conor has changed her and her son's life forever.

Shouldn't he be focusing on the fight and not looking at GoFundMe pages though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

he should take some tips from Vogue...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Ready made excuses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Jist looking at the mother's Twitter feed, actually felt close to crying. What's probably peanuts for Conor has changed her and her son's life forever.

Shouldn't he be focusing on the fight and not looking at GoFundMe pages though...

May have been Dee you wouldnt know. Conor would still have 3 or 4 hours relaxation time a day at the moment.

Are we expecting embedded to start on Moday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Khabib does boxfit class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Yeah this video is what I was thinking of when commenting on the lack of any footage of Conor training. They don't reveal anything really in the video but they're clearly referring to the gameplan at points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

An article from Bloody Elbow called "Conor and the Cartel"

It's long and doesn't really reveal anything most of us here wouldn't know already but for anyone interested

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/26/17870536/ufc-229-conor-mcgregor-and-the-cartel-shady-figures-kinahan-hutch-khabib-mma-crime-gangs-news

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement