Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Anyone hear Luke Rockhold on submission radio

When asked for a prediction he wasn’t very confident picking Khabib ..

Mcgregor first round TKO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Gonad wrote: »
    Anyone hear Luke Rockhold on submission radio

When asked for a prediction he wasn’t very confident picking Khabib ..

Mcgregor first round TKO

He has a sponsorship with Ralph Loren so he has to avoid social media backlash, having a few thousand McG fanboys giving you abuse on social media isn't exactly what the the clothes company want to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

JJayoo wrote: »
    He has a sponsorship with Ralph Loren so he has to avoid social media backlash, having a few thousand McG fanboys giving you abuse on social media isn't exactly what the the clothes company want to see

Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ

You're surprised that an athlete toned down their public persona for money....
    Have you seen what he has been wearing to UFC events?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Is it pssible to see the fight through the internet..I dont mind paying for it, just I dont have Sky tv and dont want get it in just for fight...? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Is it pssible to see the fight through the internet..I dont mind paying for it, just I dont have Sky tv and dont want get it in just for fight...? Thanks

Yes plenty of links will be there but they can freeze at any time ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'm not sure that Rockholds sponsorships would prevent him from picking his own team mate to win a fight tbh.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm not sure that Rockholds sponsorships would prevent him from picking his own team mate to win a fight tbh.

No one said that?

The poster said Rockhold wasn't very enthusiastic in stating Khabib would win, so basically unlike every other strongly pro-khabib guy he didn't come out saying McG was gonna get mauled and ragdolled for 5 rounds.

Say Khabib will win and not tash McG = ok

Say Khabib will destroy McG = social media trolled by people calling you a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

its sometimes hard to know if guys are on the wind up here or just on another planet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

That piece with dan hardy was superb for gob****es like me self with little to no knowledge of the technical end of mma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Fook rockhold the douche

Conor within 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

3 or 4 seconds of McGregor using his feet at 5m 10s in....... the fight is on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭cletus

That's the first one of those vlogs I watched. I see they've 5 others done. Whats the point of them? I don't really want to trawl back through them if they're all the content vacuum that this one was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

ricero wrote: »
    I think a khabib win would send Dana to an early grave.

I reckon hes praying for a Mcgregor and Diaz wins at the next two ppv's.

Why?

A McG defeat followed by a rematch would make a heap more money for him

Why?

A McG defeat followed by a rematch would make a heap more money for him

Would Khabib fight him again?..I doubt he reckons he deserves this title shot..if he hadn't thrown the yoke at the bus Conor would have been waiting in line to fight him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

cletus wrote: »
    That's the first one of those vlogs I watched. I see they've 5 others done. Whats the point of them? I don't really want to trawl back through them if they're all the content vacuum that this one was

The Roddy vlogs for the last few Conor fights were brilliant. Great insight into their camp with Conor actually being in it and part of the fun. There was a good balance of arsing around and a behind the curtain look at Conor's training.

The first few are always slow to start and the quality should definitely pick up fight week when there is more going on but this particular series has been a bit empty. Not sure if Conor is busy with obligations, staying in with a preggers Dee or he's just too big for messing around in vlogs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Would Khabib fight him again?..I doubt he reckons he deserves this title shot..if he hadn't thrown the yoke at the bus Conor would have been waiting in line to fight him..

Does he like money?

UFC is a private company. They can do what they like. He is an employee. They can make it worth his while to participate in a rematch or they can strip him of his title if they want due to any refusal (if he wins it).

Anyone have an idea when the first Embedded will be up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I miss Danas vlogs....fightweek vlog week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Anyone have an idea when the first Embedded will be up?

It's usually out on a Monday I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I doubt he reckons he deserves this title shot..if he hadn't thrown the yoke at the bus Conor would have been waiting in line to fight him..
    Conor was getting this fight regardless of the bus incident imo. Conor was the LW champ, and never lost the belt in the octagon. Khabib got his current belt for beating a fighter nowhere near title contention. Khabib needs to beat Conor to consolidate his title reign with the lineal lightweight title.

khabib got handed the title , lets be fair , and he made hard work of it

would have been like conor fighting dennis siver for the featherweight belt!

At least he's going to try to defend it..

oh theres one we havnt heard before!

Yeah, you're probably sick listening to it seeing as he hasn't defended like 4 belts or something..

i couldnt care less what he does to be honest once hes back fighting in a cage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

dave1982 wrote: »
    I miss Danas vlogs....fightweek vlog week

There were great however different times now.

I wonder if Conor new deal has anything to do with less footage ? He did get proper 12 on matt maybe he did have to put in some terms ? Unlikely though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »
    I doubt he reckons he deserves this title shot..if he hadn't thrown the yoke at the bus Conor would have been waiting in line to fight him..
    Conor was getting this fight regardless of the bus incident imo.

I think he would have got whatever fight he wanted at LW or WW even if he'd gone and banged Dana's wife. Dana would have handed him the towel afterwards too.

He's the golden goose and has them absolutely over a barrel. Give him what he wants and everyone gets paid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement