Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Another Hardy insight that I thought was insane - Conor threw almost the same volume in Diaz 1 than he did in seven finishes in the UFC. Crazy stat.

Of course, also stands testament to Diaz taking a good smack.

Yeah that stood out to me aswell. McGregor fought a terrible fight that night. That's exactly how you don't fight a Diaz brother.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Effects wrote: »
    Yet he still went on to give the same message their t-shirts say.
    He's all about that stupid religious shït.

Let's not go down that route of bashing other peoples beliefs..you have yours, others have theirs. Religious discussion belongs elsewhere on boards. Back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

When does McGregor get to Vegas? Usually he's over there for weeks before getting ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    When does McGregor get to Vegas? Usually he's over there for weeks before getting ready.

He's been there over a week now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Axwell wrote: »
    Let's not go down that route of bashing other peoples beliefs..you have yours, others have theirs.

Point taken. But, to sound like a child, I didn't start it.
    Allah Akhbar on their T-shirts, absolute dunces.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

He was delayed heading out due to getting treatment on a foot injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

He was delayed heading out due to getting treatment on a foot injury.

I do believe he's had metal rods put in his feet to help stop the takedowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

What a rat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah that stood out to me aswell. McGregor fought a terrible fight that night. That's exactly how you don't fight a Diaz brother.

He thought he was untouchable going into that fight.

Just land a left and its game over.

Got a big wake up call that night. Made him a much better fighter.

Nate was a massive bookies outsider as well, not many thought he had a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

You little snitch rat I’ll bate da bleedin head off ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

mdwexford wrote: »

Just land a left and its game over.

Got a big wake up call that night. Made him a much better fighter.

Nate was a massive bookies outsider as well, not many thought he had a chance.

Sure Nate was 9 feet tall and weighed 345 pounds and shot lightning bolts from his bollocks.

mdwexford wrote: »

He had a cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Conor is going to be on the Helwani Show tomorrow evening. Khabib also. Can't wait for that. Seems random for Conor to be on this as he has done virtually no media in the last year

Conor is going to be on the Helwani Show tomorrow evening. Seems random for Conor to be on this as he has done virtually no media in the last year

They have a special relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

They have a special relationship.

Aye, one in which the questions will be pre-screened and 90% will be about his new clothing range and the whiskey! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor is going to be on the Helwani Show tomorrow evening. Khabib also. Can't wait for that. Seems random for Conor to be on this as he has done virtually no media in the last year

Tony sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

Poor aul Khabib, there's something I like about him and I'll feel for the chap when he gets embarrassed and knocked out next Sat

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1046471585056485376

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

It is the case that 229 can't be purchased via UFC's website anymore in Ireland? I am with Sky so just want to be able to order the fight but my mate was telling me the only way is to buy BT for a minimum of 2 months.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Poor aul Khabib, there's something I like about him and I'll feel for the chap when he gets embarrassed and knocked out next Sat

Christ look at his face. Hes obviously still going hell for leather in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

xtal191 wrote: »

If his training partners are lighting him up like that in sparring, then one can only imagine the damage Conor will inflict on this over-hyped bum.

• Advertisement

It sounds like he's taking it personally. He might seem like he's still quite relaxed and level headed, but based on his words, McGregor is getting to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Pinkman wrote: »
    It is the case that 229 can't be purchased via UFC's website anymore in Ireland? I am with Sky so just want to be able to order the fight but my mate was telling me the only way is to buy BT for a minimum of 2 months.

Yeah the Eir Sport package which is the only way to get BT Sport is the only way to get UFC 229

It's free with Eir broadband though, maybe you might have a relation with eir broadband who has no interest in sport and you could get eir sport through them for free, all you need is their account number and you can then get it for your Sky box or use the Eir Sport app with a Chromecast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

If his training partners are lighting him up like that in sparring, then one can only imagine the damage Conor will inflict on this over-hyped bum.

never seen khabib dismissed as a bum, he has serious wrestling ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A bum lol you fanboys crack me up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

He seems rattled

Usual interviews for previous fights he is all smiley and respectful etc , he seemed very tense and annoyed

ricero wrote: »
    A bum lol you fanboys crack me up

Honestly mate you are just boring. Obsessive hatred for a person you don't know is a weird trait.

Anyways, McGregor and Khabib both on Helwani tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

dulux99 wrote: »
    Honestly mate you are just boring. Obsessive hatred for a person you don't know is a weird trait.

Anyways, McGregor and Khabib both on Helwani tomorrow.

Lol you fanboy you crack him you lol lol ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

He seems rattled

Usual interviews for previous fights he is all smiley and respectful etc , he seemed very tense and annoyed

If he's that bruised up this close, I'm just hoping there isn't a last minute injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

McGregor seemed rattled before Diaz 2 when the presser went South. But come game day, none of the pre-fight shenanigans seemed to affect his game plan.

Khabib is showing more emotion about McGregor than other opponents but I can't see him letting it affect his game plan. Or at least I can't see how the show of dislike for McGregor is really translating into him getting mind-f*cked into fighting in a way he shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Looking forward to fight week mayhem. Any predictions? Has to be a sham melee at some point. Also Ali to instigate some ****e or other. Should be fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement