Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I feel people are overestimating how bad Khabibs striking is. He’s not a technical striker, that’s a given. But he can jab and is awkward.

He is definitely awkward but if you haven't rewatched any of his fights lately go back and have a look. He is being sloppy, leaves himself wide open, dives in swinging wildly. His jab is fairly slow and he had a tendency to drop his right hand too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Duff wrote: »
    Hope Wonderfullife makes an appearance before the fight.

Yeah it would be nice to get his take on things and even just to know that he is still alive and kicking to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Fight week already? September was about 2 hours long!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I feel people are overestimating how bad Khabibs striking is. He’s not a technical striker, that’s a given. But he can jab and is awkward.

He is definitely awkward but if you haven't rewatched any of his fights lately go back and have a look. He is being sloppy, leaves himself wide open, dives in swinging wildly. His jab is fairly slow and he had a tendency to drop his right hand too low.
    Anyone remember when Sonnen outstruck Anderson, these things can happen,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Whelo79 wrote: »

Yep agree with all of above, he’s sloppy and lacks good technique but his awkwardness negates some of this. He’s KO’d lads and wobbles guys on the feet. He’s not some rank amateur. At end of the day he’s training in AKA everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He has one awkward punch the "eagle punch" that's it.
    If he tries to stand with Conor, he'll be picked apart at will. His coaches and himself know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Tazzimus wrote: »
    He has one awkward punch the "eagle punch" that's it.
    If he tries to stand with Conor, he'll be picked apart at will. His coaches and himself know this.

I’ll put it this way. I don’t think his striking is much better or worse than Eddie’s. His technique may not be as good as Eddie but it’s also more unconventional. He is still a live opponent on the feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

The bewilderment on Khabibs face in that interview with ESPN as he's talking about Conor being crazy on drink and drugs. you can tell he just can't identify with that lifestyle.

No one mentioning that only 1.5 years ago Khabib looked like he was going to retire due to both ACLs being torn. MMA is one tough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Gintonious wrote: »
    Fight week already? September was about 2 hours long!

Hopefully this week will go as quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

'For those of you in the UK and Ireland:

Khabib Nurmagomedov is scheduled to appear at 7.30pm.

Conor McGregor is scheduled to appear at 9.30pm.'

How long is this show on for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

sonofenoch wrote: »
    'For those of you in the UK and Ireland:

Khabib Nurmagomedov is scheduled to appear at 7.30pm.

Conor McGregor is scheduled to appear at 9.30pm.'

How long is this show on for?

Like 4 hours usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The periscope stream seems a little more stable than the Twitter one.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BRJjenEoQpGw

You can turn off the chatter bottom right if you find it annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Jaysus I miss Helwanis show on mma fighting. Would much prefer to watch tonight on my TV as opposed to breaking out the iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Just in case anyone is around the city centre and wants to try some Proper 12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Effects wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is around the city centre and wants to try some Proper 12

Salted caramel syrup and chocolate bitters? That'll be sickly sweet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Salted caramel syrup and chocolate bitters? That'll be sickly sweet for me.

Yeah it's sweet enough as it is, that sounds manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I guess you guys don't really know what an old fashioned tastes like so.

The only way you're going to get any flavours into a simple cocktail with that whiskey is stuff like that.

Effects wrote: »
    I guess you guys don't really know what an old fashioned tastes like so.

Sugar cube, splash of angostura bitters, whiskey or Brandy, muddle, slice of orange and a maraschino cherry.

It's sweet, and wouldn't be my go to whiskey cocktail, but sweet whiskey as a base would be too much for me with the bitters and syrup.

• Advertisement

The only way you're going to get any flavours into a simple cocktail with that whiskey is stuff like that.

Because getting mixed up with coke might be too much on the nose?

Because getting mixed up with coke might be too much on the nose?

shia.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Will kabib and McGregor actually be in the studio or just on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sugar cube, splash of angostura bitters, whiskey or Brandy, muddle, slice of orange and a maraschino cherry.

It's sweet, and wouldn't be my go to whiskey cocktail, but sweet whiskey as a base would be too much for me with the bitters and syrup.

Cherry in an old fashioned is sacrilege. I'd also prefer orange peel instead of slice, with the oil's squeezed out and rubbed on the glass for added aroma. Bourbon or rye is a must too.

Will kabib and McGregor actually be in the studio or just on the phone?

I'm going to guess 1 in studio, 1 on phone.

No way they'd risk the lads running into each other.

I'd say neither in the studio. ESPN is in Connecticut, the two lads would have said fook dah, I'm not flying 4-5 hours to talk to dah lil rah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

I'm going to guess 1 in studio, 1 on phone.

No way they'd risk the lads running into each other.

There is 2 hours between each of them so they could be in the studio at different times

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Anyone notice in khabibs interview with brett.

Conors english is bad. 60% i understood majority No. Since when did 60% become minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

There is 2 hours between each of them so they could be in the studio at different times

Mma hour is phone interviews or skype

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cherry in an old fashioned is sacrilege. I'd also prefer orange peel instead of slice, with the oil's squeezed out and rubbed on the glass for added aroma. Bourbon or rye is a must too.

I'd agree with the peel, and I was thinking of a Manhattan with the cherry.

I like cocktails, and I like whiskey, but whiskey cocktails aren't my thing. Give me a rum cocktail any day. Gin turns me into a 45 year old divorced mother of 3, sobbing on the stairs into a glass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement