Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

<snip> no talk of VPNs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

You'd get two months of BT for much less than that. Mental idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Am i the only one who hates that colin ( serpiconinja ) guy ?

Just looks like a slimey fook too me

That the guy that wears that ridiculous looking cycling cap? Hes an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

thebull85 wrote: »
    That the guy that wears that ridiculous looking cycling cap? Hes an asshole.

Yup

Thats him

Seems just a bragger

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

ASOT wrote: »
    You'd get two months of BT for much less than that. Mental idea.

Do you not have to sign a contract with BT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Do you not have to sign a contract with BT?

You can sign up but have to give 30 days notice to cancel. So your stuck for two months essentially. Much better option with a few more events also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Sign to bt for this fight an you'll also have UFC230 plus loads more for half the price of buying the PPV

Unlock the event thread axwell it's fight week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Axwell wrote: »
    no talk of VPNs

Sure VPNs are not illegal. You've even spoken about them yourself:
    If you are in Ireland and want to watch it on Showtime you need a VPN otherwise its on Sky Sports News/ITV Box Office or on the UFC You Tube Channel

Can you check with admin and confirm as I, and most people, of course understand discussion of illegal streams being against the rules but not being able to mention VPNs seems excessive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any idea when megan olivi’s interview is posted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Anyone notice on the embedded that Tony was introduced as the Former UFC Champion and then McGregor is introduced as Two Weight UFC Champion... luls

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Unlock the event thread axwell it's fight week!!!!

It will be opened in time for the fight, the discussion can stay here till then. Enough nonsense still being posted that doesnt need to flow over into the event thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

It will be opened in time for the fight, the discussion can stay here till then. Enough nonsense still being posted that doesnt need to flow over into the event thread.

At least theres no hes getting slept or hes gettinf mauled and smashed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

MarkJD wrote: »
    Anyone notice on the embedded that Tony was introduced as the Former UFC Champion and then McGregor is introduced as Two Weight UFC Champion... luls

Pettis is better than McGregor and khabib as well that Tony fellas cooked

Sure VPNs are not illegal. You've even spoken about them yourself:

Can you check with admin and confirm as I, and most people, of course understand discussion of illegal streams being against the rules but not being able to mention VPNs seems excessive.

VPN's when used for their proper purpose arent illegal.

From other threads on boards: Discussion of VPN products to specifically bypass region restrictions is not permitted in this forum. Likewise discussion of streaming pirated materials, such as movies, tv shows, etc. is not permitted.

I will ask for you anyways but considering the purpose they are being used I would say it will be a no.

Commanchie wrote: »
    At least theres no hes getting slept or hes gettinf mauled and smashed

Give it time..its still 5 days away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Give it time..its still 5 days away :)

That's only five days away from Khabib getting smashed/Conor getting mauled!!!

I will ask for you anwaysbut considering the purpose they are being used I would say it will be a no.

Worth highlighting to them that on many forums throughout Boards there appears to be no issue with users discussing the use of VPNs with the objective of viewing content at a better price than it is available here. Some examples (1, 2, 3).

Anyway, appreciate you asking them.

Bad Blood episode on the fight tomorrow night. Hope it's not all content we've already seen.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1046912646648406016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Every single Boardsie doubted me....DOUBT ME NOW!
    What's this in relation to?
    Did Conor confirm something on Ariel's show. Or are you talking about UFC 229

Mellor wrote: »
    Did Conor confirm something on Ariel's show.

Yup, said fight against RDA at 224 was a "done deal":

Obviously wasn't a done deal because it didn't go ahead. Maybe he wanted the fight but I'm still of the opinion it was never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Obviously wasn't a done deal because it didn't go ahead. Maybe he wanted the fight but I'm still of the opinion it was never going to happen.

Well that's just invalid logic altogether, isn't it? His fight against RDA at 196 was a done deal and that didn't go ahead either. By your logic, that means it was never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Have just watched Embedded. "Khabib's Army" definitely one of the worst things in UFC history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That interview was good craic. He's still funny when he doesn't have his slowed down Americanised media persona on.

This is the Conor people forget actually exists, they just see the media persona.

Have just watched Embedded. "Khabib's Army" definitely one of the worst things in UFC history.

Almost as bad as this thread at times..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Almost as bad as this thread at times..

And yet you can't drag yourself and all your negative posts away from it. Such a shame, you contribute so much. ;)

Whelo79 wrote: »
    And yet you can't drag yourself and all your negative posts away from it. Such a shame, you contribute so much. ;)

I'm trying to be the voice of reason..going 'what are ye at lads?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Call me a cynic but I still don't believe that the McGregor vs whoever in Brazil was ever a thing. When asked about stepping in on short notice by McGahon the other day McGregor repeated the logic that so many user here - UFC didn't have enough time to put together the marketing strategy to get full use of him, therefore the fight was a non runner. Why would they change their outlook for a fight in Brazil where the tickets have already been sold? McGregor blowing smoke I think to be honest.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be surprised if McGregor pushed for it, but he's the jewel in the UFC crown. Ultimately they call the shots.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement