Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The bits in Walmart were decent enough.
    Roddy's vlogs are just him and the lads having the craic more than anything else.

The New York ones were brill though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

and if we should overlook everything else he did because of that..

Like the VW Beetle?

Effects wrote: »
    Like the VW Beetle?

Exactly..

Ah, I'm going to stop now..it's beginning to get uncomfortable..

Anyway..remember when McGregor said "Who the **** is that guy?".

Comedy gold..works on so many levels..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Mellor wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    I find it a bit hard to believe they'd try to do something like that.

2 second google turned up this;
    https://www.wada-ama.org/en/questions-answers/prohibited-list-qa#item-1360

I need to check this up later on when I have time. I know I have seen/used an approved site previously which provided information as I suggested.

Pighead wrote: »
    Bit surprised about his eagerness to stay in the UFC for the forseeable future. Talking about a number of fights he has in mind after the Khabib fight. What happened to 'Get in. Get Rich. Get out'? That been said I'm not complaining. Love him or hate him nobody else generates such excitement.

I'd be surprised if he fights 6 fights.
    it's a win-win for both sides - the UFC is under pressure to perform and this shows them locking in (for now) the biggest draw.
    Gives options for McGregor and he's not going to get that sort of money anywhere else (the boxing trick will only work once imo).
    There are probably stipulations on losses incurred and maybe other get-out clauses so it's not 6 fights for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Duff wrote: »

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not calling you a joe soap :pac:

Well his first name is Joey... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone see the pic of Khabib when he arrived in Vegas, looking ripped and a sunken face,
    I hope he makes weight, It isn't helpful to be so ripped a week out not much water there to lose if he is far from weight,

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

glasso wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if he fights 6 fights.
    it's a win-win for both sides - the UFC is under pressure to perform and this shows them locking in (for now) the biggest draw.
    Gives options for McGregor and he's not going to get that sort of money anywhere else (the boxing trick will only work once imo).
    There are probably stipulations on losses incurred and maybe other get-out clauses so it's not 6 fights for sure.

He said in the interview that he doesn't look at that, just the money.
    After every fight he gets a new deal anyway.
    But it looks like he wants a few prize fights, Diaz3, Silva and Mayweather (either MMA or boxing) along with the 170.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

And I'm bored..

If you are bored then I suggest you stick to posting on AH about McGregor rather than trolling on here to amuse yourself. Looking at your post history and record you have enough warnings this year. Next one is a break from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Khabib will miss weight and Nate will fight Conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭Duff

It'll be Ferguson or no one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He claimed to be at 166 yesterday, it all depends if that 11lbs is water or something else.
    If for any reason he can't fight, Ferguson would be the one to step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

There's no way Khabib misses weight. I would suspect he will make more money from this fight than he has earned in the two dozen or so fights he's fought so far combined. I also doubt he will get another fight in the future where he has the chance to make as much as he will here. He'd be off his rocker to miss weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

166 is completely fine this far out; he's been leaner the past few fights so he could probably cut more than 11lbs in water if he needed to. There's been a lot of comments on Conor's size online. He does look fairly big but I think he looks similar to how he looked against Eddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Why would Nate who isn't cutting weight step in when there's two top 10 LWs on the card?
    Don't be silly.

They're already struggling to get a headliner for MSG, they're not going to sacrifice the real draw when Tony is there and fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think in a lot of ways Tony is a much worse match up for Conor than Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Duff wrote: »
    It'll be Ferguson or no one.

Unless Aldo shows up and throws a dolly at a bus and takes out Khabib and Tony, then its Conor v Showtime for the interim :)

Its mad you can say things like that and can't be said that would never happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

If what he says is true 166 is perfect this far out... He will make weight he'd be an idiot not to.

As for someone suggesting Nate? Never.... they will do tour for that to try break the 2m PPV mark which i dont think UFC 229 will.

although embedded has hit 1.4m views in 18 hours, thats pretty big numbers.

Then strip Khabib, and let Tony and Conor fight for the belt.

Effects wrote: »
    Then strip Khabib, and let Tony and Conor fight for the belt.
    Doubt he would be stripped this early.
    Tony and Conor would be some sort of silly interim belt.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, not going to happen. But for missing two of his three recent fights due to weight issues, you can still hope.

I know 166 isn't bad weight wise  but in the pic he is absolutely ripped which means there is not much water there to lose, that's the issue lack of water this far out so you've nothing to lose, ( lack of water also explains his sunken cheeks,)

Always happened with Romero when ever he shows up looking jacked he can't lose any water weight cause its not there ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I know 166 isn't bad weight wise  but in the pic he is absolutely ripped which means there is not much water there to lose, that's the issue lack of water this far out so you've nothing to lose, ( lack of water also explains his sunken cheeks,)

Always happened with Romero when ever he shows up looking jacked he can't lose any water weight cause its not there ,

He hasn't started his water cut yet, from the videos he is still training hard, doing hard conditioning, you don't do this during a water cut. He is just a lot leaner, less body fat.

JJayoo wrote: »

He hasn't started his water cut yet, from the videos he is still training hard, doing hard conditioning, you don't do this during a water cut. He is just a lot leaner, less body fat.
    I realise he hasn't started his water cut but the leaner you are the less water he will have to lose,
     I noticed on the embedded it was his manger Ali making his food, Doesn't seem to have a nutritionist on board ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Alternative stats for the fight, for nerds like me who like things like this
    https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/2/17927186/ufc-229-khabib-nurmagomedov-conor-mcgregor-alternative-statistics-mma-editorial

2 videos showing all of Conor's wrestling in the UFC. I haven't watched them yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I realise he hasn't started his water cut but the leaner you are the less water he will have to lose,
     I noticed on the embedded it was his manger Ali making his food, Doesn't seem to have a nutritionist on board ,

Water is stored in the muscle not in the fat. The leaner you are, the more water weight you can cut.

Water is stored in the muscle not in the fat. The leaner you are, the more water weight you can cut.
    Not exactly true ,The more muscle mass the more water weight you can cut, Its not quite the same as saying the leaner you are the more water you can cut,,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Not exactly true ,The more muscle mass the more water weight you can cut, Its not quite the same as saying the leaner you are the more water you can cut,,

I'm assuming he meant a 166 lb guy with 10% body fat can cut more water than a 166lb guy with 20% bodyfat.

So it would be true to say a leaner guy can cut more water if both guys were the same weight/height.

Axwell wrote: »
    If you are bored then I suggest you stick to posting on AH about McGregor rather than trolling on here to amuse yourself. Looking at your post history and record you have enough warnings this year. Next one is a break from the forum.

Well since I've already been accused of invoking Godwin's law, I'll say nothing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I know 166 isn't bad weight wise  but in the pic he is absolutely ripped which means there is not much water there to lose,
    Could mean low bodyfat too. Yoel struggles because he's huge to begin with.

11lbs isnt a lot to lose 4 days out. For comparison, he was 164lbs on the Wednesday for the Barboza fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement