Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

dulux99 wrote: »
    Eh?

What's wrong with that?

It's sport mate. People celebrate sporting victories. Why is that so bad?

I think you misunderstood my point. The people I was mentioning were disappointed that McG won so quickly, because that ultimately would mean the pub would close earlier, they didn't really care about the actual result just what kind of night out they would get from it.

I mean if you are a McG fan then a fast KO victory is the best possible result with McG picking up little /no damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood my point. The people I was mentioning were disappointed that McG won so quickly, because that ultimately would mean the pub would close earlier, they didn't really care about the actual result just what kind of night out they would get from it.

I mean if you are a McG fan then a fast KO victory is the best possible result with McG picking up little /no damage.

My apologies, I know what you mean now.

People enjoy a good scrap though. Give me the drama of McGregor vs Mendes over the 'blink and you'll miss it' Aldo fight any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

JJayoo wrote: »

It was an amazing knock out but less entertaining to watch overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

People are entitled to believe what they want and people are allowed dislike them for their beliefs. Nothing wrong with that.

Having been a person who was judged by others because of what other people think my belief is, I can tell you it sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Can’t fault McGregor and his loyalty especially to Artem.

It’s a great trait in people and a lot loose sight of people who have always been there for them especially once the money comes.

• Advertisement

Having been a person who was judged by others because of what other people think my belief is, I can tell you it sucks.

I am not disliking Khabib for what I think his belief system is. The views he has expressed are rather disgusting and his ties to a dictator is also questionable. It would suck if people disliked Khabib "just because he is muslim" but I don't believe that is the reason at all.

I really took a dislike to Khabib after his Instagram rant giving out to the youth of Dagestan for attending a Rap concert and how he seems to treat the female physicians after a fight. I watched Khabibs documentary in Dagestan and you don't really see many women around do you? They all seem to be hidden.

I don't care what religion he is but anyone who acts like him is not goign to attract many fans outside his home country. I do think the majority of neutrals will be cheering for Conor, not because Khabib is Muslim but because Conor is more relatable.

I really took a dislike to Khabib after how he seems to treat the female physicians after a fight.
    How does he treat them?
    I watched Khabibs documentary in Dagestan and you don't really see many women around do you? They all seem to be hidden.

Their place is looking after the home. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I am not disliking Khabib for what I think his belief system is. The views he has expressed are rather disgusting and his ties to a dictator is also questionable. .

Ya probably not the best idea to say no to a dictator, I mean unless being alive isn't your thing.

Plus not like McG would be taking pictures and talking about how great Putin is, or bring up how great he is in press conferences, na that definitely wouldn't happen.

Effects wrote: »
    How does he treat them?

Their place is looking after the home. That's about it.

He doesn't let women treat him after the fight or am I mistaken? I am fairly sure I saw a woman go over to check him out and he shrugged her off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He said all this on one of Ariel's old shows. He comes from different culture, crazy mountains. Women only raise kids and cook dinners. This was the same in Ireland not so long ago. I don't think Dagestan is as strictly with women as other Islamic countries like Saudi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Crazy to think that the last Bad Blood with McGregor was two years ago for the Diaz II fight (Anthony Bourdain narrated it, time flies).

Anyway, another Roddy Vlog is up..............

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Conor donates money to sick kids whilst Khabib makes fun of homeless people for his own entertainment.

Says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Inappropriate joke deleted.

Mod: It may have been deleted but should never have been posted in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Paully D wrote: »
    Conor donates money to sick kids whilst Khabib makes fun of homeless people for his own entertainment.

Says it all.

Conor has done lots of shady /stupid things himself so that comment is a bit unfair, not much balance in it

Are you an allah ahkbar like BobbleHead?

Ouch

Axwell won't like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Ouch

Axwell won't like that...

He might get a laugh first though.

Are you an allah ahkbar like BobbleHead?

Mods, please dont shut down reasonable conversation on Khabibs beliefs just because there is one or two trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

So diaz v poirier is now for 165 belt

Wow

So diaz v poirier is now for 165 belt

Wow

Where did you see that? Can't see anything on twitter about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Where did you see that? Can't see anything on twitter about it.

Ariel

Edit : got yassss

Ha ha parody ariel account

Mods, please dont shut down reasonable conversation on Khabibs beliefs just because there is one or two trolls.

Noise deleted.

Hey don’t blame me for making a little joke. Debates on belief will be shut down due to political correctness and to protect the over sensitive.

I think it more that it's an MMA forum and religion should be discussed elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hey don’t blame me for making a little joke. Debates on belief will be shut down due to political correctness and to protect the over sensitive.

It's more it's got nothing to do with this forum. Go back to AH and post on one of hundreds of threads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Christ, welcome to fight week...

As for embedded, it's like as if Conor isn't giving the crew much at all. I know he said he is doing minimum media this camp but was expecting a bit more from embedded fight week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ha ha parody ariel account

Damn account got me last week too. Damn pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

xtal191 wrote: »
    Pretty pathetic if someone chooses to like or dislike someone cause of their beliefs

It is beyond pathetic. It doesn't change how people having beliefs in a god because of their religious beliefs ins't crazy..

Effects wrote: »
    I think it more that it's an MMA forum and religion should be discussed elsewhere.

I’ve seen far more left field stuff discussed on this thread but point taken and posts edited.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's more it's got nothing to do with this forum. Go back to AH and post on one of hundreds of threads there.

Go back to AH? I could be a re-reg of wonderfullife for all you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Go back to AH? I could be a re-reg of wonderfullife for all you know.

Dont taint a good posters name

Your about 20 well thought out paragraphs short of wonderfullife, and unlike him your contributing nothing interesting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement