Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Dont taint a good posters name

Your about 20 well thought out paragraphs short of wonderfullife, and unlike him your contributing nothing interesting

Jaysus we are all very serious tonight.

Gamb!t wrote: »

My interesting contribution for today:

McGregor mentions how he stopped running for a bit but is glad to be back at it. Cardio could be back to the levels he showed at featherweight. Always felt a lack of running was a big cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

dave1982 wrote: »

Pretty sure it's legit.

Contact the club and find out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

JJayoo wrote: »
    Troll failure

Please try again

That's what has happened. Don't call me a troll.

Disagree with what I've said by all means. But you seen to be not able to understand what I said in the first place. Please read back for your own sake before you come off silly.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

That's what has happened. Don't call me a troll.

Disagree with what I've said by all means. But you seen to be not able to understand what I said in the first place. Please read back for your own sake before you come off silly.

:)

Please tell me with username like that, that you have auto log in or saved username :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Duke Roufus wearing another Celtic top for the second day in a row in embedded, ha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mods, please dont shut down reasonable conversation on Khabibs beliefs just because there is one or two trolls.

As I already said previously this is an MMA forum, not the place to be discussing religion.

With the some of the juvenille comments that people have posted it's quite clear that some people arent knowledgable enough or grown up enough to talk about such things so its better placed in the appropriate forums.

Back on track please..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

How do virgin media customers get to see the fight since they don't have BT sports anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

his ties to a dictator is also questionable.

He doesn't have ties to a dictator, he has ties to an oligarch called Ziyavudin Magomedov, the fact that someone who lives in the south caucasus doesn't tell the dictator of the neighbouring federal republic and one of the most powerful men in Russia to feck off when he's summoned to entertain him doesnt mean he has links to or supports Ramzan Kadyrov. You seem to skip over Conor bigging up a strong man dictator and shoving his tongue up his ring calling him a great leader to get a photo with Putin at the world cup final. Kadyrov is just Putin's lapdog.

On the other hand, Conor's Gym was built and expanded with the aid of money that they willingly took from Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain who sponsored half of SBG's fight team and and Kavanagh for years.

Kavanagh didn't have any opposition to trying to sign Khabib to the kind Sheikh's new fight team KHK MMA back in 2015 or sending umpteen SBG boys over to fight Brave Combat Federation cards and act as a mouthpiece for the Bahraini royal family.

"how he seems to treat female physicians after a fight" is absolute nonsense too, you're looking for things to justify your irrational dislike of him based on his religious beliefs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Duke Roufus wearing another Celtic top for the second day in a row in embedded, ha.

Hes a season ticket holder. Efrain Juarez mexican who played for Celtic brought him to paradise number of years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Commanchie wrote: »
    Hes a season ticket holder. Efrain Juarez mexican who played for Celtic brought him to paradise number of years ago

Season ticket holder? Where did you hear that

Season ticket holder? Where did you hear that

I know it as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He doesn't have ties to a dictator, he has ties to an oligarch called Ziyavudin Magomedov, the fact that someone who lives in the south caucasus doesn't tell the dictator of the neighbouring federal republic and one of the most powerful men in Russia to feck off when he's summoned to entertain him doesnt mean he has links to or supports Ramzan Kadyrov.

On the other hand, Conor's Gym was built and expanded with the aid of money that they willingly took from Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain who sponsored half of SBG's fight team and and Kavanagh for years.

Kavanagh didn't have any opposition to trying to sign Khabib to the kind Sheikh's new fight team KHK MMA back in 2015 or sending umpteen SBG boys over to fight Brave Combat Federation cards and act as a mouthpiece for the Bahraini royal family.

"how he seems to treat female physicians after a fight" is absolute nonsense too, you're looking for things to justify your irrational dislike of him based on his religious beliefs.

Mod: Sub is Banned for using logic and facts.

Khabib is not Conor therefore Khabib is bad

I know it as fact.

So you made it up?

So you made it up?

No. If your unaware thats your own issue. I met him 2 seasons ago at an old firm.

No. If your unaware thats your own issue. I met him 2 seasons ago at an old firm.

Ok mate

Ok mate

Go onro kerrydale forum google his name yall get stuff as far back as 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

That's gas. Juarez looked like he was gonna be a star but it never worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Wait, there's no room for Religion or Soccer on an MMA forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

dave1982 wrote: »
    Please tell me with username like that, that you have auto log in or saved username :D

I do have auto log in. But have also had the same account for 5+ years so there's enough time to remember. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Just watched it

Pure muck

Re-hashed old footage , nothing nee

• Registered Users Posts: 39,392 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He doesn't have ties to a dictator, he has ties to an oligarch called Ziyavudin Magomedov, the fact that someone who lives in the south caucasus doesn't tell the dictator of the neighbouring federal republic and one of the most powerful men in Russia to feck off when he's summoned to entertain him doesnt mean he has links to or supports Ramzan Kadyrov. You seem to skip over Conor bigging up a strong man dictator and shoving his tongue up his ring calling him a great leader to get a photo with Putin at the world cup final. Kadyrov is just Putin's lapdog

He wasn't the only one invited around;
    Kadyrov’s foray into MMA began in 2015, when he founded the Akhmat MMA fight club and MMA promotion (known as World Fighting Championship of Akhmat — WFCA) and invited former UFC champions Frank Mir, Fabricio Werdum and Chris Weidman to attend the first show. He has since hosted other UFC fighters, including former UFC champ Frankie Edgar, title challenger Alexander Gustafsson, as well as Makwan Amirkhani, Ilir Latifi,and retired veterans like Renzo Gracie. Werdum continued to make trips to Chechnya during his UFC heavyweight title reign and signed a deal to become an ambassador to Kadyrov’s MMA promotion.
    I think a lot of them was naïve and cut it once pointed out, but Werdum seems to jump in with both feet. Kadyrov also took a special interest in Khabib due to the Caucasus connection.
    There was a fighter who was given a car from Kadyrov, wasn’t Khabib – he got his from Magomedov.

That’s all true. But you can’t really pardon Khabib, and slate Kavanagh for doing more or less the same thing. And vice versa. Either they are both wrong, or they both are free to take hand-outs when struggling.
    Focusing on one or the other is back in irrational dislike territory you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,392 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Go back to AH? I could be a re-reg of wonderfullife for all you know.
    Well the fact you know who wonderfullife is pretty much confirms you’re a re-reg of someone at least.
    Seeing as it says on the left that you joined months after he left. :pac::pac::pac:

Interview with Megan is up on UFC YouTube. Short and sweet. Didn't say much but seems focused and hungry for more fights after this one.

Mellor wrote: »
    Well the fact you know who wonderfullife is pretty much confirms you’re a re-reg of someone at least.
    Seeing as it says on the left that you joined months after he left. :pac::pac::pac:

Yep. That is why I made that comment, to show that I’m not a blow in troll.

The striking stats are crazy. Khabib has better accuracy and defense..

Conor has more successful takedowns..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BodRpKGnkqk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5xdkzxa85k1o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bring back Pendreds Fists of Fury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ASOT wrote: »
    Bring back Pendreds Fists of Fury.
    A Gamebred appearance perhaps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement