Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He's talked about it. It's unlikely but not impossible. 170 is more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I imagine Woodley would be too much for him at 170, he's huge.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I imagine Woodley would be too much for him at 170, he's huge.

Yeah I agree. And he's one of few people who has a wrestling pedigree at a level that could negate Khabibs game. He'd just stuff the takedowns and wait for a chance to launch that nuclear missile of an overhand and then it's night night. Woodley is a freakishly huge man's for his height a d weight class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just watched dan hardy interview khabib... khabib is a scary ****er in that interview cold dead eyed

• Registered Users Posts: 39,389 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He could get to 145, it just means losing almost 10lbs of muscle. Not difficult but a lot of fighter find that hard to do mentally (cyborg)
    I was more thinking the sambo side for subs, from what I know of Sambo there's a huge focus on leg attacks to the point of Sambo and to a lesser extent catch wrestling being where Danagher got the inspiration for his leg attack system originally.
    In sambo leglocks are mostly illegal. Jiu jitsu (Gi) actually allows more leglocks. But it allows reaping which means you can use leg entanglements. Danaher definitely took inspiration from there, as well as nogi guys like Lister, Bodycomb and Palhares.

Apparently Eddie was played a huge part in the Danaher system. Now he's left the DDS, it could be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I know these will probably get lost by tonight but maybe they can be added to the official thread? (mad to get voting on that)

Press conference - today 11pm Irish time

Weigh in - 1am Saturday morning

Yeah I agree. And he's one of few people who has a wrestling pedigree at a level that could negate Khabibs game. He'd just stuff the takedowns and wait for a chance to launch that nuclear missile of an overhand and then it's night night. Woodley is a freakishly huge man's for his height a d weight class.
    That bomb would find a home fairly quickly with Khabibs lack of head movement and Woodleys explosiveness, man can move so fast for his size. He's like a smaller Lesnar.

I'd actually love to have seen him vs Rory at some stage, that would be a good match.

I think he's like a mini-Rumble in terms of power and explosiveness. But with a better fight IQ and god tier wrestling.
    I think he's improved a lot since his last fight with Rory so maybe it would go differently, especially with Rory more afraid of getting pucked in the nose these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

eeloe wrote: »
    Lads, can we all just take a moment to remember the people’s main event that was taken off the card?
    #thesugashow #thepeopleschamp

Is that a hashtag he made for himself?

Gintonious wrote: »
    A fine line between confidence and stupidity it seems. Hasn't he only fought once in MMA?

But he also has an undefeated record in MMA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Effects wrote: »
    Is that a hashtag he made for himself?

of course not....i was only taking the p!ss.

But he also has an undefeated record in MMA.

Put me in their against a random secondary school teacher with a white belt and 3 months boxing experience and I'll have an undefeated record too.

That's about the level of the lads Bellator feed the new boys with big names at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

And Pico still got choked out in less than 30 seconds...

And Pico still got choked out in less than 30 seconds...

Ha, true.

He's looked good since in fairness. Really nice hands, even if he is fighting Ted the janitor form the area.

Edit: The lad he murdered the other week is a solid pro with an 18-4 record, so Pico is definitely improving pretty quickly.

eeloe wrote: »
    of course not....i was only taking the p!ss.

Ha. I wouldn't put it past him though. He can be a bit cringeworthy at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Ha, true.

He's looked good since in fairness. Really nice hands, even if he is fighting Ted the janitor form the area.

Edit: The lad he murdered the other week is a solid pro with an 18-4 record, so Pico is definitely improving pretty quickly.

Nothing in relation to the above, but what’s your prediction for the fight this weekend?

Nothing in relation to the above, but what’s your prediction for the fight this weekend?

Khabib on points or TKO in the later rounds.

I think he's like a mini-Rumble in terms of power and explosiveness. But with a better fight IQ and god tier wrestling.
    I think he's improved a lot since his last fight with Rory so maybe it would go differently, especially with Rory more afraid of getting pucked in the nose these days.
    I actually meant to say Khabib vs Rory, but vs Woodley as well is also a good match worth seeing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I know these will probably get lost by tonight but maybe they can be added to the official thread? (mad to get voting on that)

Press conference - today 11pm Irish time

Weigh in - 1am Saturday morning

Kabib said he will not wait around for Conor to show up for the presser. I love the drama Conor brings to these events but I hope he is on time for this.

Kabib said he will not wait around for Conor to show up for the presser. I love the drama Conor brings to these events but I hope he is on time for this.

Ah that just means Conor will be later than usual just to about Khabib more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Tonights presser will be mental i say be interesting to see if khabib does walk out if conor late... balls its 11 irish time cause itll be 12 before conor shows. Im getting old nd up early in mornings:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

dave1982 wrote: »
    Tonights presser will be mental i say be interesting to see if khabib does walk out if conor late... balls its 11 irish time cause itll be 12 before conor shows. Im getting old nd up early in mornings:D

Just get up and watch it on youtube in the morning, its much handier than waiting around for McG to show up

Just get up and watch it on youtube in the morning, its much handier than waiting around for McG to show up
    How I always watch them, cuts out all the waiting ****e nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

The whole arriving late is well worn out. Aload of balls if ya ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

cliggg wrote: »
    He is a very consistent liar and he's just hyping the ppv. There are people who will hear him say that and buy the ppv because of FOMO.

Exactly and he's on Kimmell tonight so his exaggerating mightn't even have peaked yet.

He needs some new McGregor anecdotes too as the ones he keeps churning out, everyone has heard, even if he does slightly change them each time.

"He still lives with his mom and dad, that's the kind of monster you're dealing with" - Brendan Schaub on Khabib.

Exactly and he's on Kimmell tonight so his exaggerating mightn't even have peaked yet.

He needs some new McGregor anecdotes too as the ones he keeps churning out, everyone has heard, even if he does slightly change them each time.

Clip of Dana on Kimmel on YouTube. Crap though. Kimmel wants to know about the bus attack and a very giddy Dana obliges (most disgusting act in UFC my hole). Then Kimmel spends the rest of the interview asking about Dana visiting trump just to get a few jokes in against their president where possible. **** interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

"He still lives with his mom and dad, that's the kind of monster you're dealing with" - Brendan Schaub on Khabib.
    Schaub guy is a gob ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I just watched Schaub and Joe Rogan there. Schaub saying he won't go because he fears violence between the Irish and the Russians? What are ****ing arsehole.

• Advertisement

He probably just didn't want to admit he'd rather not line Dana's pockets by going.
    Best buds they are not.

As much of a guber as Schaub is, offering to cover Borg's kids medical bills was fairly sound of him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement