Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Cue 3 pages of "ah man Khabib is rattled" and the other such nonsense.

When conor rounded on him 2nd time khabib stepped back and into the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Can't wait for it tomorrow, Khabib seemed calm and Conor doing his usual act up pre fight and then be calm once the fight starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Was that drake wrapped in the flag ? Or ur man dashon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Scummy stuff from McG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Twas yon kiddie fiddler Aubrey alright.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Scummy stuff from McG

It's just his normal weigh in idiocy to try and cause a bit of commotion.

Khabib seems to be liking the heel role, fair play for acknowledging the fans and thanking them for making it happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Khabib doesnt seem fazed at all, to me.

Cannot call this one.

thebull85 wrote: »
    Khabib doesnt seem fazed at all, to me.

Cannot call this one.

I dunno, could be wrong here but maybe growing up and living in a place where there's been an ongoing conflict between Chechen loolaas and the Russian military for nearly 2 decades, that has regular terrorist attacks, and is (currently) the "most dangerous place in Europe", and you fight for a living, things like some head the ball from Crumlin getting aggro isn't going to phase you than much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Commanchie wrote: »
    When conor rounded on him 2nd time khabib stepped back and into the crowd.

Rewatched it there on the video Dana put up on FB. Khabib doesn’t move at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1048375613453750274

Khabib shaking in his boots...no, no he isn't.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1048375613453750274

Khabib shaking in his boots...no, no he isn't.

He blinked twice, you can see it, he's fookin rattled lads, you only blink if you're weak, real men never blink.

/McGregorFanboyNonsnese

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

I dunno, could be wrong here but maybe growing up and living in a place where there's been an ongoing conflict between Chechen loolaas and the Russian military for nearly 2 decades, that has regular terrorist attacks, and is (currently) the "most dangerous place in Europe", and you fight for a living, things like some head the ball from Crumlin getting aggro isn't going to phase you than much?

ah i agree with you in that respect, hes certainly not fazed by the occasion anyway.

You could see the doubt in Aldo/Alvarez.

No doubting here from Khabib.

thebull85 wrote: »
    ah i agree with you in that respect, hes certainly not fazed by the occasion anyway.

You could see the doubt in Aldo/Alvarez.

No doubting here from Khabib.

I just think Khabib is a calm person, I wouldn't read too much into it.
    I don't think Aldo or Eddie are mentally weak or anything, but for whatever reason they let Conor get to them. Then again, they had to do an arseload of media crap with him and that couldn't have helped.

Don't think it changed the outcome of the fights much, but it did mean they fought emotionally.
    I just think it would take a lot more to get to Khabib than the other two. Some people just don't care. Nate for example, does not give a feck what you say to him, he's going to slap you in the mouth and give you the finger either way.
    Khabib is just on is own bullsh*t, go in, grab them, grind them down until they break. That's all that's in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Drake...... here he is with Dashon though backstage..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BokpKW9BjMs/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm a very big whiskey drinker, I love love love whiskey and I sometimes spend a pretty penny on it. I bought a bottle of proper 12 out of curiousity and its not a terrible whiskey if I am being honest, its basically just the 20 euro bushmills (which isn't terrible) repackaged into a nicer bottle and a 35€ price tag.
    That's what most whiskey drinkers are saying. That it's not bad. Most people claiming it's terrible quality haven't tried it. It was "just a 3 year" at first, then when it wasn't terrible "it's just a 4 year". The truth is people will probably never know. It's was never going to be a 18year or a pot still at that price.

It's not availible here but the missus got bottle free from a friend in work last week. No matter how basic it is, that'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Drake v Dana should be the co-main event

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Rewatched it there on the video Dana put up on FB. Khabib doesn’t move at all.

When he rounds on him the 2nd time video isnt off conor its at 33 seconds camera stays on conor Khabib moves to the outside of the group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Yes chaps, Rogan is **** at comedy! Only sells out all over the continental US at venues big and small.

His comedy is not my cup of tea. Actually, I can’t think of an American comedian I do like. Prob something to do with different cultures! Looking forward to Kevin Bridges in November though. I’d say Kev would eat his own stones to be as successful as Joe.

It’s hard to call it anything other than jealousy.

Genuinely hope Conor starches Khabib tomorrow. Think he’s up against a machine though. Can’t warm to Khabib myself. Something about him just doesn’t sit well with me but he’s a fantastic fighter.

I personally couldn’t give a toss about McGregors life. I just love watching the man fight. The fact he’s Irish and is proud of it only makes it all the sweeter for me. In my opinion he’s already one of the best to ever do it and just hope he can get it done tomorrow cause if he does there is genuinely nothing they can say anymore.

I get a good snigger off the anger/jealousy/hate he seems to instill in some posters. I’m actually looking forward to seeing what they will say win lose or draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭creeper1

I thought the Irish were proud of jamieson? Why not say **** Johnny walker?

Anyway far from being angry with McGregor for the dolly incident they should be paying him a bonus. It is the best hype for the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Khabib is a moron, doesn't even take off his shirt shoes or hat for a proper face off. Everyone on the undercard done more than him. Then he copies the stance diaz done against mcgregor, never put his arm out like that in any other weigh in, lame.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

creeper1 wrote: »
    I thought the Irish were proud of jamieson? Why not say **** Johnny walker?

Anyway far from being angry with McGregor for the dolly incident they should be paying him a bonus. It is the best hype for the fight.

At least it's not bushmills

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+wire+jameson+protestants&view=detail&mid=F73D3D0537E5357093F7F73D3D0537E5357093F7&FORM=VRRTAP

judeboy101 wrote: »

McGregor's whiskey is Bushmills. It's basically white bush with cheap IDL grain whiskey added to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

If Khabib acted at the weigh in like McGregor the commentary would be that “he’s rattled” , “Conor has got to him”, “he’s inside his head” etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭cletus

If Khabib acted at the weigh in like McGregor the commentary would be that “he’s rattled” , “Conor has got to him”, “he’s inside his head” etc....

But that would presumably be based on the fact that Khabib has never acted like that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

spix wrote: »
    Khabib is a moron, doesn't even take off his shirt shoes or hat for a proper face off. Everyone on the undercard done more than him. Then he copies the stance diaz done against mcgregor, never put his arm out like that in any other weigh in, lame.
    Hahaha the state of this. Fighter poses with raised hands. "He copied Díaz!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Also, if Drake was to get KOed by a stray bottle/glass/sledgehammer from the crowd, that'd be just swell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Actually, I can’t think of an American comedian I do like. Prob something to do with different cultures!

It’s hard to call it anything other than jealousy.

Some of the funniest comedians in history, from an English speaking perspective, are American. If not most.

The list is long and illustrious. They're mainly extremely rich and successful,

How in the fūck is it ALWAYS begrudgery when someone questions the reason behind another's success?

I don't find Rogan funny, he's charmless, has no presence and I just wonder why people like him so much. What's to like? He asks good questions? That's a fairly low bar.

Also some of the information he puts out there is simply not true.

I don't care that he is successful btw, just curious why.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't find Rogan funny, he's charmless, has no presence and I just wonder why people like him so much. What's to like? He asks good questions? That's a fairly low bar.
    That's allowed. There's 100s of comedians, any one person isn't going to like them all. That would be absurd.
    It's also absurd to declare that only the ones you find funny are a actually funny. That only your opinion is correct and the rest of the world are wrong.

For the record, I've seen Joe live before a UFC once. It wasn't terrible but there's comedians I much rather go to. Podcast is good at times. And repetitive at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Any way to watch this fight online?
    I dont mind paying for it just I dont have sky Tv.
    Anyone know??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Here we go................... Well, he we go re: the scheduled time anyway.

Kabib ,cool as a cucumber ,Conor despite all his ****e talk hasn’t rateld him nor got into his head like he has in all previous fights despite all his bravado Conor looks the more unsettled because of this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement