Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

McGregor will be found out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Schwanz wrote: »

Lol even if Khabib does his smesh thing - McGregor is still in the conversation as a top 15 if not top 10 fighter ever.

His resume and achievements are incredible.

Its why this clouded hatred is pathetic. If Khabib is crap with a bloated record then the win means less for McGregor. If Khabib is gonna 'find him out' then its a nothing win for him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Schwanz wrote: »

Was talking with a friend of mine and he reckons that if he was to lose tonight than Mcgregor will never he a ufc champion again.

If he cant beat Khabib at 155 then he has no chance at 170 against Woodley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Whoever wins tonight, neither is getting "found out". This is combat sports at the pinnacle whether it's a 5 round barn burner or a quick finish either way. The margins of error at this level are ridiculously small.

When Stipe got sparked by DC nobody was talking about him getting "found out". He's still in the conversation for greatest HW of all time. He's still probably one of the two best HWs on earth right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Sure just wait until McGregor beats him in spectacular fashion as usual and there will still be people saying Khabib wasnt that good or McGregor is afraid of Tony and he will never fight him etc. Its the same every time.

The Diaz loss really set him back in terms of peoples perspective on how good he is considering Diaz is considered a journeyman! Styles make fights since UFC 1 and MMA Math doesnt exist.

If Eddie hadnt of lost recently I would imagine most would probably pick him handily to win over Diaz... a good portion would as well despite the loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

ricero wrote: »
    Was talking with a friend of mine and he reckons that if he was to lose tonight than Mcgregor will never he a ufc champion again.

If he cant beat Khabib at 155 then he has no chance at 170 against Woodley.

Of course he has no chance against Woodley, the man's enormous for 170. He would murder Conor if he connected even once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Mellor wrote: »
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    Personally i’d buy a bottle of green spot or redbreast ...
    They're two of my favourites Irish whiskeys. But hardly a fair comparison. They're single pot still at about twice the price.
    Proper 12 is competing with the likes of cask mates, distillers series, and other "premium but not really premium whiskeys".

I tried Red Bush a while ago at the distillery. It's tastes like they going after the bourbon market with that one.
    Sure but it’s a waste when you could pay a wee bit more in Tesco and get a redbreast lustau or greenspot. Proper 12 is a one punch whisky it won’t compete long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Whoever wins tonight, neither is getting "found out". This is combat sports at the pinnacle whether it's a 5 round barn burner or a quick finish either way. The margins of error at this level are ridiculously small.

When Stipe got sparked by DC nobody was talking about him getting "found out". He's still in the conversation for greatest HW of all time. He's still probably one of the two best HWs on earth right now.

Nice post. I like when you (and others) speak sense and reason as opposed to condescension and dismissiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Sure but it’s a waste when you could pay a wee bit more in Tesco and get a redbreast lustau or greenspot. Proper 12 is a one punch whisky it won’t compete long term.
    The Lustau is about €70. Greenspot €60, or €70
    for the Greenspot Leoville. It's not a wee bit more, it twice the price. I've literally got all 3 in the house. Proper 12 wouldn't touch the other two - but it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Eir or BT Sport. I remember people saying one of them wasn't reliable streaming for a UFC card before, any advice which to go for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Eir or BT Sport. I remember people saying one of them wasn't reliable streaming for a UFC card before, any advice which to go for?

I find BT is perfect when watching on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gintonious wrote: »

The gas bit of that is at 0.17 when Conor uses Danas massive neck as leverage to get the kick away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

spix wrote: »
    Khabib is a moron, doesn't even take off his shirt shoes or hat for a proper face off. Everyone on the undercard done more than him. Then he copies the stance diaz done against mcgregor, never put his arm out like that in any other weigh in, lame.

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

akelly02 wrote: »
    Seriously?

No

Just a lazy troll

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm sooo conflicted about the length of the fight, obviously a quick KO is epic and exciting in itself but I'm not going to lie, I'd prefer if it was several rounds at least just for the adrenaline rush :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://youtu.be/12punznEmd0

Narrated by John Malkovich.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

me nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Off to watch Burn After Reading

Couple of fights in the crowd at the weigh ins i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

thebull85 wrote: »

Saw that, some Irish fan smacked a girl in the back of the head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yeah couple of complete tossers

https://www.instagram.com/p/BolTTkUlx-n/?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

They were selling proper 12 at the weigh ins yeaterday. Few lads swigging it. Fight day woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I don't think that's true tbh. Well atleast I didn't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

There are some absolute **** over here they are in the minority but ****ing loud however a lot of them dont have tickets thank.god.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

xtal191 wrote: »
    Yeah couple of complete tossers

https://www.instagram.com/p/BolTTkUlx-n/?hl=en

Looks like 2 girls having a scrap, and lads got caught up in it.

dulux99 wrote: »

Oops turns out I was wrong

dulux99 wrote: »

Oops turns out I was wrong

Them cnuts are probably not even Irish.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    There are some absolute **** over here they are in the minority but ****ing loud however a lot of them dont have tickets thank.god.

You'll always get it at these events, in Paris for Euro 16 was the same, full of scumbags from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

JJayoo wrote: »
    Saw that, some Irish fan smacked a girl in the back of the head

How do you know it was an Irish fan?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement