Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Nice post. I like when you (and others) speak sense and reason as opposed to condescension and dismissiveness.

But given what we might loosely call the pre-fight "banter" from the fighters on such occasions, "sense and reason" is hardly entering into the spirit, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mike Jackson got the whole fight on video. Started with the conor fan slapping a girl in the head to which her fella then layed the smack down with the 2 girls fighting as well.

https://twitter.com/TheTruthJackson/status/1048378588699840512?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Mike Jackson got the whole fight on video. Started with the conor fan slapping a girl in the head to which her fella then layed the smack down with the 2 girls fighting as well.

https://twitter.com/TheTruthJackson/status/1048378588699840512?s=19

The tosser with the pony tail got man handled by the other dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

When was last time we had we championship like this wrestler v striker? GSP Alves?

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    When was last time we had we championship like this wrestler v striker? GSP Alves?

Aldo - Mendes twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How do you know it was an Irish fan?

https://youtu.be/2qFGiljd7RM

Dressed in green with a shamrock on this top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

dave1982 wrote: »

UFC 228

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

thebull85 wrote: »
    Aldo - Mendes twice.

But not mcgregger v mendesS

Jack Moore wrote: »

Woodley-Till

Theres been a few since gsp alves

• Advertisement

Jack Moore wrote: »

Woodley-Till also

Theres been a few, since gsp alves.

UFC 228

Stipe v NGannou also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Stipe v NGannou also.

The question was when was the last time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I might go have a nap now. Got up at all hours to watch the F1 quali live then cycled me hole off to tire myself out. Can't wait for the card to start. We're almost two years waiting for this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I might go have a nap now. Got up at all hours to watch the F1 quali live then cycled me hole off to tire myself out. Can't wait for the card to start. We're almost two years waiting for this :D

I've it times well here. I won't be having the dinner until around 10.30, have snacks stocked up for later and will be having a nap before dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've it times well here. I won't be having the dinner until around 10.30, have snacks stocked up for later and will be having a nap before dinner.

I've a stir fry ready to go, cans of coke in the fridge (rare treat for me these days, I hate bring a former fatty sometimes) and a nice bottle of whiskey to have a glass or two when the main card starts - not proper 12 :pac:

I've a stir fry ready to go, cans of coke in the fridge (rare treat for me these days, I hate bring a former fatty sometimes) and a nice bottle of whiskey to have a glass or two when the main card starts - not proper 12 :pac:

I've just realised I've only two beers in the fridge, I'll me making a quick dash to O'Brien's before 10 so!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The butterflies have started...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The butterflies have started...
    Stiff drink will sort it out. Not Proper Twelve.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Heading out for it myself, will have a nap after finishing this Leinster game :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Couldn't get time off work. So 4 beers for me then bed by 12. Set alarm for 4am as I just want to see Tony and megregor fight live. safe enough at 4am?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Couldn't get time off work. So 4 beers for me then bed by 12. Set alarm for 4am as I just want to see Tony and megregor fight live. safe enough at 4am?

Should be ok. Maybe a bit earlier just in case. Can't legislate for fast KOs in earlier fights.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Should be ok. Maybe a bit earlier just in case. Can't legislate for fast KOs in earlier fights.

Fast KO's will just lead to more filler and video. Cant imagine Tonys fight possibly starting before 4 if they want to keep to the PPV schedule.

Axwell wrote: »
    Fast KO's will just lead to more filler and video. Cant imagine Tonys fight possibly starting before 4 if they want to keep to the PPV schedule.

Gotsta keep the sponsors happy and make sure they get their airtime for their adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

im hitting bed at 10 and up at 3 , ive 2 young kids so need to bank the hrs :)

im hitting bed at 10 and up at 3 , ive 2 young kids so need to bank the hrs :)

Hopefully the other half doesn't decapitate you when the alarm goes off at 3 :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gotsta keep the sponsors happy and make sure they get their airtime for their adverts.

They also have to commit to the ppv timeslot. Thats why they play fights from the prelims when other fights end earlier than scheduled. 4am would be 2 hours before the end of the ppv with only 2 fights left. Even allowing an hour for Conor vs Khabib thats very early starting so cant see it at 4am but better safe than sorry in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

My prediction is Khabib to force a submission from mcgregor in the second. Will be very embarrassing for conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Hopefully the other half doesn't decapitate you when the alarm goes off at 3 :P

No other half , just my weekend with kids , usually organise a night swap but shes at her brothers 50th so im snookered

Will download wholecard tommorow and watch others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Just gonna leave this here lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz8tX50TdEg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement