Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Guys have high numbers of tests because they had fights, though DC being tested 8 times is a bit shocking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just gonna leave this here lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz8tX50TdEg

There's nothing really in that.

One lad jumps in the pool and a few others bang on a sign while they walk past!

I've done farts that have caused more of a commotion than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ibrahimovic

CatFromHue wrote: »
    There's nothing really in that.

One lad jumps in the pool and a few others bang on a sign while they walk past!

I've done farts that have caused more of a commotion than that!

I agree, just wanted to see how offended people would get seeing it lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This is it, time for the big fight. McGregor and Khabib both have people that love and hate them but do not let it go to your heads with the result of the fight. It goes without saying - no fighter bashing, name calling, trolling or any other nonsense will be tolerated. Enjoy the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Well I suppose all good things have to come to an end. Dare I say it........ I don't think I would be bothered if megregor called it a day a d moved onto WWE or acting etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

JoseJones wrote: »
    From listening to interviews with Khabib he actually seems like a decent likeable guy. I want Conor to win, but would like to see Khabib do well out of this all the same.

I retract this statement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Well I suppose all good things have to come to an end. Dare I say it........ I don't think I would be bothered if megregor called it a day a d moved onto WWE or acting etc.

I think he's done. One of two things plausible here:

1. He knew Khabib would likely wrestle him down and submit/Gn'P a finish so chose to go out on his shield by walking him down to the inevitable.

2. He let ego get in the way of his best weapons (counter, movement etc) and walked him down thinking he could finish him early.

I'm guessing two. Obviously there was an early takedown in rd 1 which affected him but he never looked composed like Diaz 2 or Alvarez. Very strange sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

For all the talk of how the Mayweather camp had improved his punching, it never looked like he dound his range. His movement and distance judgement looked very rusty. He seemed flatfooted, as was shown with that winging right hand khabib threw and knocked him down with, very unlike conor to get caught with a punch thrown so wildly. Was expecting to go more like the Alvarez fight on the feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

VW 1 wrote: »
    For all the talk of how the Mayweather camp had improved his punching, it never looked like he dound his range. His movement and distance judgement looked very rusty. He seemed flatfooted, as was shown with that winging right hand khabib threw and knocked him down with, very unlike conor to get caught with a punch thrown so wildly. Was expecting to go more like the Alvarez fight on the feet.

Agreed, that was an awful wild punch to be caught with. He never seemed to find a range or get a decent combo going at all. Ring rust? Outclassed? Too much partying? Who knows, but we'll probably not see him fight again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

I wouldnt be sad to see him call it a day.

He lost convincingly to Khabib, no point trying that again. Ferguson is destined for a title shot.

Diaz III or Holloway? Has he the hunger? If it was just rust I'd watch either of those fights, but I think what he says in the next few days will give us the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Poor Artem can't catch a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

He lost convincingly to Khabib, no point trying that again. Ferguson is destined for a title shot.

Diaz III or Holloway? Has he the hunger? If it was just rust I'd watch either of those fights, but I think what he says in the next few days will give us the answers.

Lifestyle has had an impact on his physique and condition.

Much more rigid now than when we last saw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Agreed, that was an awful wild punch to be caught with. He never seemed to find a range or get a decent combo going at all. Ring rust? Outclassed? Too much partying? Who knows, but we'll probably not see him fight again

I hope he does his six fight contract. The clips I've seen of that fight were savage entertainment.

I'd even pay to see stuff like that again.

Khabib was always going to go full on Russian nails kill bot. Anyone who thought different was deluded.

But Conor is stupid rich and that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

McGregor never got started tonight and I think guys like Khabib & Ferguson are a step too far for him.

I can't see him retiring before he fights Diaz again, a nice payday for both with little risk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Well and truly beaten.
    “Show business” well and truly came back to roost there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Happy to see McGregor get his arse handed to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He also threw the first punch in the cage atfer , People ate saying he got atya ked for no reaaon , he clearly threw the first punch ay Khabin corner man when both where on top of the cage

Conor looked awful in there. He was gassed after 1 round and from there was flat footed, no in-and-out movement, no speed in his left hand.

It didn't come as a suprise to me, I said weeks ago that Conor looked physically in poor condition, skinnyfat, off-colour. He spent the year boozing (and worse), hopping the cage at Bellator, relaxing on yachts, smashing the bus. Night in jail, court cases and lawsuits hanging over him. Until the fight was signed he was a rare sight in SBG. Your condition falls off with a lay-off like this, especially in your 30s. 8 weeks is not enough time to get fight ready when you start in bad shape. (it's fine when you regularly train outside camp to maintain a good level of fitness).

He came into camp in poor shape and immediately they all realised it. They were working overtime trying to catch up, he ran himself down and looked sick as a dog at one stage. That's what all the cupping bollox was about, he was trying to detox.

Not transferring to Vegas at the normal time was another sign that things were not right - which again I pointed out at the time and was shot down. His whole behaviour over there in Vegas was odd, he seemed to isolate himself from his team, visit them for training and then immediately leave afterwards.

He's known for two years that he would very likely be facing Khabib or Tony. He certainly didn't look like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Well im scared to even read this thread after WTF happened ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Poor Artem can't catch a break

Team Khabib instigated the bus incident and the commotion today to help manufacture a way for Artem's opponents to avoid him. Similar to Ben Askren, nobody wants that smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

https://twitter.com/mma__stats/status/1048809578224386050?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1048809578224386050%7Ctwgr%5E363937393b70726f64756374696f6e&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.waccoe.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmma__stats%2Fstatus%2F1048809578224386050

See how Khabib flinched right after he threw that....expecting that big left, never came...........Conor was just never there tonight for whatever reason

guess they're all doubting him again now, hard to see where he goes from here....all this turning up late business all the talk won't wash much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Amazingfun wrote: »

Delusion from Mcgregor.

He was in terrible shape. Embarrassing performance and he submitted as I predicted in this thread.

He should end his career now with whatever shred of dignity he has left.

This loss will badly effect his whiskey business. No one wants to be associated with a losers whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I cant help but blame conors coaches if they really are the way they portray in media like saying conors standup is sharper than ever etc. Are they really telling him that? I think they might as they were commenting on conors instagram posts persumably to get his confidence up. But at some stage you have to be honest with him. It's obvious he's slipping skill wise. If they weren't yes men and actually worked on getting better rather than telling him he's already the best, maybe he could've won.

Delusion from Mcgregor.

He was in terrible shape. Embarrassing performance and he submitted as I predicted in this thread.

He should end his career now with whatever shred of dignity he has left.

This loss will badly effect his whiskey business. No one wants to be associated with a losers whiskey.

It wasn't embarrassing, you could argue he done better than any of khabibs past opponents regardless of the end result. He does seem to be slipping though, not calculated and sharp like in some previous fights, seemed sloppy and lacking technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Amazingfun wrote: »

Why would there be a rematch?

Conor got absolutely mauled. It's the equivalent of man city beating Liverpool 6-0 later on today.

MarkY91 wrote: »

Conor got absolutely mauled. It's the equivalent of man city beating Liverpool 6-0 later on today.

Well the first round he put up more resistance than any other opponent. They usually come out destroyed after the first round, barboza + iaquinta were busted up. Mcgregor made khabib work hard for the early takedowns + didn't have a scratch end of round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

MarkY91 wrote: »

Money money money money money money money

The UFC like money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Shows how good Khabib is: 'He lost the first round better than other fighters lost the first round.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

First things first, that strength and conditioning coach needs to be binned off.

Am I the only one that thinks his cardio isn't really much better since that guy arrived?

He went the full 3 rounds against holloway, a few years back, on one leg, with relative ease.

But now he's knackered after 2 rounds.

Surely they all see the, including Conor himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement