Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,542 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Why would there be a rematch?

Conor got absolutely mauled. It's the equivalent of man city beating Liverpool 6-0 later on today.

Pretty obvious why there would be a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Why would there be a rematch?

Conor got absolutely mauled. It's the equivalent of man city beating Liverpool 6-0 later on today.

Because they are both elite fighters. Next fight could easily see McGregor back and hungry and sparking him with his left in the first round. That wouldn't make Khabib **** or Conor suddenly miles better, just best man on the night.

The absolutism when it comes to fighting is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Doubt there will ever be a rematch, the UFC will prob want to keep those two camps away from each other for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

xtal191 wrote: »
    Doubt there will ever be a rematch, the UFC will prob want to keep those two camps away from each other for a very long time.

Yes, this is why there actually may not be a rematch. Nothing to do with McGregor not being a worthy opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Ive been to 4 ufc events in Vegas. Last night was possibly the strangest night ever. It was mayhem. I retired back to the hotel after the fight irish fighting irish, russian fighting america russian fighting irish.

I seen 3 irish lads killing 3 russians outside the Ihop on LV Blvd. It was all a bit surreal.

• Advertisement

Commanchie wrote: »
    Ive been to 4 ufc events in Vegas. Last night was possibly the strangest night ever. It was mayhem. I retired back to the hotel after the fight irish fighting irish, russian fighting america russian fighting irish.

I seen 3 irish lads killing 3 russians outside the Ihop on LV Blvd. It was all a bit surreal.

And we all laughed when Brendan Schaub said he wouldn't go cause there'd be guaranteed trouble with fans etc, how wrong were we

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Delusion from Mcgregor.

He was in terrible shape. Embarrassing performance and he submitted as I predicted in this thread.

He should end his career now with whatever shred of dignity he has left.

This loss will badly effect his whiskey business. No one wants to be associated with a losers whiskey.

Havnt tasted it but various reviews have said it’s basically overpriced cat piss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Should he have taken a few warm up fights first ?

And we all laughed when Brendan Schaub said he wouldn't go cause there'd be guaranteed trouble with fans etc, how wrong were we

Trouble is an understatement. Imagine Micky money, First tuesdsy of the month, post office In darndale. Fidelmas dole card taken off her by Jacinta whilw admitting to riding baby Rhiannas father.

Well that **** wouldnt compare to last night.

• Advertisement

Commanchie wrote: »
    Trouble is an understatement. Imagine Micky money, First tuesdsy of the month, post office In darndale. Fidelmas dole card taken off her by Jacinta whilw admitting to riding baby Rhiannas father.

Well that **** wouldnt compare to last night.

Well hopefully most of them will be banned from entering America again

Well hopefully most of them will be banned from entering America again

The problem with such hysteria around fights you attract those who are not MMA fans and just wanna be instagraming about Mcgregor or being flash harry. Most there for the fight didnt bother going down the strip after what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

spix wrote: »
    Well the first round he put up more resistance than any other opponent. They usually come out destroyed after the first round, barboza + iaquinta were busted up. Mcgregor made khabib work hard for the early takedowns + didn't have a scratch end of round 1.

That may be true but Conor looked ****ed stamina wise. Midway through the first round, I knew how the fight was gonna pan out. The only shock was how crap Conor was on his feet, the only highlights are khabib downing conor with s punch and khabib schooling him on the ground.

I'm a huge fan of McGregor but it's impossible to defend this loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I dunno who was in that ring, but it wasn't the Conor I expected.

**** it, let's go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I don't get people saying Conor wasn't on form, just rewatch the two Diaz fights, now I agine what would happen if Khabib fought Diaz and didn't have to worry about any power shots when closing the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Because they are both elite fighters. Next fight could easily see McGregor back and hungry and sparking him with his left in the first round. That wouldn't make Khabib **** or Conor suddenly miles better, just best man on the night.

The absolutism when it comes to fighting is ridiculous.

Take off the sunglasses of Delusion my friend.

Mcgregor is a spent docket. He was totally out of shape. 2 years of heavy drinking and worse has clearly taken its toll. He has passed his peak and will never be a champion again.

The mcgregor bus is most definitely back at the station and its time for the knackers to get off the nitelink.

I don't think jameson are too worried either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

For all you know this could be the start of a whole new Conor rebirth. Look at what 6 months of sobriety has done for Tony Ferguson ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I don't think jameson are too worried either.

I know Jameson have been around for 238 years, but do they have Artem Lobov as an advocate? I think not.

https://youtu.be/jtaGZfJMLfo

How the hell do you embed vids?

Anyhow the afters in the octagon involving McG were started when Conor threw a punch at Khabib coach while sitting on the cage At the 0.35 second mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

JJayoo wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/jtaGZfJMLfo

How the hell do you embed vids?

Anyhow the afters in the octagon involving McG were started when Conor three a punch at Khabib coach while sitting on the cage At the 0.35 second mark.

Incorrect, the entire mess began when Khabib had a hissy fit and jumped the cage to go after Danis. Just imagine how nice things would be for him right now if he'd had he a modicum of sense and maturity.
    His pay, for starters......

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Incorrect, the entire mess began when Khabib had a hissy fit and jumped the cage to go after Danis. Just imagine how nice things would be for him right now if he'd had he a modicum of sense and maturity.

Like I said the afters in the Octagon involving McG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Mcgregor insulted Khabib's family, his country, his religion. He behaved like a stereotypical scrotebag. The bus incident.

Not that it is any excuse but this brash and knackery behaviour can be somewhat justified if you are the best at what you do. Mcgregor got totally schooled inside and outside the ring.
    McGregor did all his smack talking in the press briefings. As expected Khabib kept his for the octagon.

A person of average or above IQ would go away quietly. But I've no doubt mcgregor will be the source of more tragic and embarrassing headlines in the weeks to come.

PS Not surprised to see the outrageous videos of the disgusting behaviour of the Irish fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Not a sport I’ll ever watch again. Very poor main event bout.

McGregor and all his fanboys are dilluded.

Keep on buying his bs and make sure to buy his whiskey too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Schwanz wrote: »
    Not a sport I’ll ever watch again. Very poor main event bout.

McGregor and all his fanboys are dilluded.

Keep on buying his bs and make sure to buy his whiskey too.

All the best now. bye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

He definitely should have had a warm up fight before this one.

Over confident but
    Ill prepared
    Lack of real hunger
    Excellent defensive work but suspect stamina again- ye can’t be ‘on the bag’ and on the bag at the same time- his entourage aren’t helping him one bit- ignoring coach Kavanagh too doesn’t help.

Maybe this will light the fire in him for another shot but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

that was nowhere near where he needed to be fitness wise to compete with Khabib really starting to think those around him are doing him no good with all the moral support he needs to change this up

he took the 3rd round but he was that bollixed he couldnt put anything meaningful together, very reminiscent of the nate fight.

Hopefully he takes this as a lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Amazingfun wrote: »

You can bet the video of him mocking the homeless guy will make it to the papers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

As bad as McGregor was which was horrib hes the first to ofdically take a round off Khabib , I actully think Tony beats Khabib, thats Tony Ferguson not McGregor haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Tony and khabib is the fight I'd like to see next. Not a rematch with McGregor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement