Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looking back the Mayweather fight is the fight that has changed Mcgregors life financially but also seems to of been a detriment to his mma career based on last nights performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

spix wrote: »
    It wasn't embarrassing, you could argue he done better than any of khabibs past opponents regardless of the end result. He does seem to be slipping though, not calculated and sharp like in some previous fights, seemed sloppy and lacking technique.

Iaquinta took his punches and lasted 5 rounds. And apparently he is a bum?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The fight was dreadful. Conor off the pace, and Khabib's style is awful to watch.

Best thing for the UFC and Conor is a few 'gimme' fights to restore the hype around him, and then another tilt at Khabib, Ferguson or whoever the champion will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Incorrect, the entire mess began when Khabib had a hissy fit and jumped the cage to go after Danis. Just imagine how nice things would be for him right now if he'd had he a modicum of sense and maturity.
    His pay, for starters......

Marc Goddard is probably sitting somewhere smiling to himself. What goes around comes around.

Marc Goddard is probably sitting somewhere smiling to himself. What goes around comes around.

Jasus i forgot all about Mcgregors antics at Bellator Dublin :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So who would McG fight next? I would like to see him Vs Kevin lee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

backspin. wrote: »
    Tony and khabib is the fight I'd like to see next. Not a rematch with McGregor.

And what would you like to see next from McGregor?

he needs to earn the right for another title shot.

Tony v khabib would be a very intriguing fight.

I was really disappointed when Pettis had to forfit, that was simply an amazing fight. I never seen two men enjoy fighting so much, it was kind of disturbing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

As bad as McGregor was which was horrib hes the first to ofdically take a round off Khabib , I actully think Tony beats Khabib, thats Tony Ferguson not McGregor haha

Tony "Coinage" McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 56,209 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I must be seeing things differently...

Ferguson is nothing great. Awkward, slow, heavy on feet..

Khabib is stronger and will get close, smother him and take over...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Why would there be a rematch?

Conor got absolutely mauled. It's the equivalent of man city beating Liverpool 6-0 later on today.

Im pinning all my hopes of redeeming this weekend on that NOT happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Edit - sorry, question probably best asked in fight thread

Probably has been mentioned already, but this guy Danis...any idea what he said that caused a lot of this commotion?

Was Khabib going to go after someone regardless, or is it what that fella said that pushed things over the edge?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

walshb wrote: »
    I must be seeing things differently...

Ferguson is nothing great. Awkward, slow, heavy on feet..

Khabib is stronger and will get close, smother him and take over...

Agreed. He looked as hittable as ever last night, even accounting for quick return. He's got stamina and will in spades however, may stand to him if his ground game could hold out, which it could very well do until championship rounds.

Agreed. He looked as hittable as ever last night, even accounting for quick return. He's got stamina and will in spades however, may stand to him if his ground game could hold out, which it could very well do until championship rounds.

And sorry, wide open, as you allude to here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

McGregors last 5 fights.
    L-W-W-L-L

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Everyone knows conor was so poor cause ido portal wasn’t involved this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    And what would you like to see next from McGregor?

he needs to earn the right for another title shot.

Tony v khabib would be a very intriguing fight.

I was really disappointed when Pettis had to forfit, that was simply an amazing fight. I never seen two men enjoy fighting so much, it was kind of disturbing lol

Dustin or Max. McGregor was well beaten he doesn't deserve another quick go at the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Gamb!t wrote: »
    McGregors last 5 fights.
    L-W-W-L-L

That's a bit selective. He won a chess match against Roger Mayweather in January so that actually makes it 3 wins out of 5.

LowOdour wrote: »
    Edit - sorry, question probably best asked in fight thread

Probably has been mentioned already, but this guy Danis...any idea what he said that caused a lot of this commotion?

Was Khabib going to go after someone regardless, or is it what that fella said that pushed things over the edge?
    He just parroted some of McGregor's trash talk. "Tomorrow Conor is going to spark this backwards c**t" and things of this nature.

I don't know what he said post-fight but whatever it was, it does not justify Khabib's actions.

Khabib legitimately endangered the crowd with his actions - not just Danis and co but a lot of surrounding attendees who were not members of either camp. A brawl like that can go south very quickly.

He just parroted some of McGregor's trash talk. "Tomorrow Conor is going to spark this backwards c**t" and things of this nature.

I don't know what he said post-fight but whatever it was, it does not justify Khabib's actions.

Khabib legitimately endangered the crowd with his actions - not just Danis and co but a lot of surrounding attendees who were not members of either camp. A brawl like that can go south very quickly.

Yes, he incited a riot. Forget Dana and UFC, the U.S. authorities need to make sure he gets dealt with firmly...

ricero wrote: »
    Can honestly see Khabib just take down Mcgregor within first chance he gets and maul.

No way he stands and bangs imo. If he does have an iron chin than Mcgregor is in for a long night.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He dived in feet first at Danis and missed. He got lucky that he didn't click a steward or other front row spectator as he'd be lose every penny he made tonight. And money he deserved as the best LW in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

New footage shows MvGregor punch Khabib's team mate first lads.

I think it kicked off before this. Conor was reacting/defending..it was chaos, chaos created by Khabib..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardTallMallardPoooound

Conor is getting fined too.....shouldn't have thrown that punch at lad in black.....

https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardTallMallardPoooound

Conor is getting fined too.....shouldn't have thrown that punch at lad in black.....

Yes, McGregor struck a guy, but separate to the bowsy climbing the cage to sucker punch Conor...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yes, McGregor struck a guy, but separate to the bowsy climbing the cage to sucker punch Conor...

If you wanna act the d1ck people gonna act the d1ck back tbh. If any fighter ever deserved it, it was him

More than likely the sucker punch guy was reacting to his friend being hit. But as mentioned above, Khabib started the whole thing.

More than likely the sucker punch guy was reacting to his friend being hit. But as mentioned above, Khabib started the whole thing.

He wasn’t reacting to his friend being hit. He was climbing in before Conor threw a shot...

He wasn’t reacting to his friend being hit. He was climbing in before Conor threw a shot...

I'm talking about Conor hitting the guy while they were on top of the cage. The red shirt lad only jumped in after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

SIkEaev.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement