Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Effects wrote: »
    dulux99 wrote: »
    I cringe whenever someone calls him "McNugget". Probably the most unimaginative nickname I've ever heard. Ye can do better than that lads ffs

How about McTapper?
    Still pretty unimaginative truth be told. I'd maybe chuckle if my 6 year old nephew came up with it but other than that it's pretty crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks dont feed the troll. Any more on it and cards will be handed out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGoat

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

I just wanted to post and say its sad that there hasnt been anything posted in here in 3 days actually Conor related or news about a sniff of anything fight related... Really hoped to see him fight 3 times this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Zero-Cool wrote: »

His response video was good too. You don't get better grappling analysis than BJJ scout. His Khabib/Askren video's are well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lukker- wrote: »
    His response video was good too. You don't get better grappling analysis than BJJ scout. His Khabib/Askren video's are well worth a watch.
    Just watched the response video. These lunatics taking him on in the comment are gas. They actually think they easily counter Conor better than UFC championship fighters.

The videos also highlight an odd shift in the "bandwagoners". I suppose I don't know if they are a new bandwagoners or guys jumping ship

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mellor wrote: »
    Just watched the response video. These lunatics taking him on in the comment are gas. They actually think they easily counter Conor better than UFC championship fighters.

The videos also highlight an odd shift in the "bandwagoners". I suppose I don't know if they are a new bandwagoners or guys jumping ship

Yeah I noticed that too. The just bleed fans no longer back Conor. He most likely still has a large amount of just Conor fans who only watch MMA when he’s fighting, but the new fans of the sport who he attracted seem to have by and large moved on to the next big thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah that was said on here a few times its spot on id say

Dana should say "I'll strip Conor as soon as Khabib and Ferguson step into the Octagon on the night.".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

The Nal wrote: »
    Dana should say "I'll strip Conor as soon as Khabib and Ferguson step into the Octagon on the night.".

Buffer will annouce it in the cage 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

i dont think ill be able to handle it if Tony vs Khabib doesnt happen this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

dashoonage wrote: »
    i dont think ill be able to handle it if Tony vs Khabib doesnt happen this time....

It's been so long coming. However, Khabib did look incredible at the last weigh in so hopefully he keeps his nutrition and weight on point.

It's been so long coming. However, Khabib did look incredible at the last weigh in so hopefully he keeps his nutrition and weight on point.

He will be on point...Dana said it himself " Its Khabib time"

dashoonage wrote: »
    He will be on point...Dana said it himself " Its Khabib time"

Once it's not Kebab time the weight should stay off so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ha flyod be trolling...posting video of him walking into a cage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

647257732.jpg

Tony needs to get a stylist to start buying his sunglasses if he's going to wear them indoors like that. He looks like an undercover Garda at a festival.

LeoVaradkar-EP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that too. The just bleed fans no longer back Conor. He most likely still has a large amount of just Conor fans who only watch MMA when he’s fighting, but the new fans of the sport who he attracted seem to have by and large moved on to the next big thing.
    I think you're right with the Just Bleeders. They were parroting things about Conors precision and movement a year ago. Now they are all about Khabib being a different kind of animal, and how the caucus region produces the best wrestlers.

To be clear, I've no illusions about how good Khabib's wrestling is. I just think it's funny the how these guys have ADHD when it comes to fighters.
    Tony and his 10th planet jiu jitsu was flavour of the month for a while.

I made that point a page or two back.
    Eddie Alvarez reads board.ie confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mellor is Eddie, confirmed.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Mellor is Eddie, confirmed.

Eddie's ground game isn't that good

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

So looks like it could be Floyd!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

kneejerk wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Floyd is way too smart to get into a cage for a MMA fight. I doubt he'd even take a fight with CM Punk.

I know a huge amount of people checked in to watch the McGregor Floyd boxing match but the draw would not be the same for a MMA fight. No doubt about who would win and it would be harder for Conor to return the favour and carry him for the first few rounds.

Why am I even talking about this like it could happen. Great trolling from Floyd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Seek help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Excerpt from Conor's facebook status today:
    Know your money and where it is going at all times and never ever go broke, trying to look rich.
    This is coming from me.
    I am the most flashiest. I just posted a picture on a yacht sipping Fiji water from an ice cold glass before this. But trust me!
    I am the most intelligent also.
    Everything is a tactical move. Everything.
    This is how we must truly lead our next generations way of thinking.
    Now as I get older at 29 years of age, I find that I am becoming more and more interested in where much of the money in my home state has gone and where it actually goes when it comes in.
    There are more and more things I see daily that do not add up.
    I see many things I do not like and I see many things that I feel can be easily amended under correct instruction.
    We shall see.
    Stay woke at all times kids.

Teeing himself up for a foray into politics? Also triple points for saying he is the most intelligent after stating "I am the most flashiest".

I see charlie called round again....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I can say, 100% hand on heart, I've never heard anyone say "stay woke" and not immediately thought they were a tit.

But Conor lined up to take over from Micky D Higgins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Excerpt from Conor's facebook status today:

Teeing himself up for a foray into politics? Also triple points for saying he is the most intelligent after stating "I am the most flashiest".

After his post i still just thought " coke fiend and a scumbag "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement