Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Too much cocaine and alcohol the past 2 years has left Mcgregor looking very shoddy.

Never seen a top level athlete in all my life with such poor cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

He quit again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Same warning here as on the other thread..

Right lads, bit of modding and clean up done.

Few points..

No discussion on religion, it has no place in an MMA forum and quite clearly a lot of you know very little to nothing about it to be bringing it up anyways..so dont, go discuss it on the religion forum if you feel the need.

Regardless of who you wanted to win or lose the fight or what you think of the aftermath there is no need for name calling, fighter bashing etc..its against the charter. You can discuss the fight without such childish nonsense.

Personal abuse - attack the post not the poster, cut out the tit for tat and sly digs at people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

bur wrote: »
    He quit again.

Do you think he was wrong to tap while caught in a very tight neck crank?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

McGregor's game plan was bizarre, seemed to stand far to close to Khabib. All the talk pre fight about making him have to close the distance for a take down evaporated. McGregor didn't look like he had any fizz to him. That shot that dropped maybe took took him out, he looked awful in Rd 3, flat footed and slinging punches on a wish, rather than working any sort of plan.

I hope if he comes back, he fights his way thru the division, gets his fire and sharpness back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

“When he tired he always tap” - Mystic Khab

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

McGregor's game plan was bizarre, seemed to stand far to close to Khabib. All the talk pre fight about making him have to close the distance for a take down evaporated. McGregor didn't look like he had any fizz to him. That shot that dropped maybe took took him out, he looked awful in Rd 3, flat footed and slinging punches on a wish, rather than working any sort of plan.

I hope if he comes back, he fights his way thru the division, gets his fire and sharpness back.

Your right but he actully won round 3 on all three cards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

https://youtu.be/rZhduV6cRZ8

Don't feck with the Russians

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Don't bring handbags to a fistfight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

JJayoo wrote: »

Wonder is that guy ok.

• Advertisement

Don't bring handbags to a fistfight

This fight was brought to you by Proper 12

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Hard to find any sympathy for that clown who got KO'd at the end, asking for trouble, he was involved at the start of that clip too and went back for more.

That doesn't happen if he's able to control his alcohol consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,209 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wonder is that guy ok.

We as a nation need to ban that fooking insufferable ole ole ole ole bollix...

Anyone found uttering it should be sentenced to 25 years hard labor..

• Registered Users Posts: 56,209 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Esse85 wrote: »
    Hard to find any sympathy for that clown who got KO'd at the end, asking for trouble, he was involved at the start of that clip too and went back for more.

That doesn't happen if he's able to control his alcohol consumption.

He was actually spitting at the guy that decked him..

Wonder is that guy ok.

Was thinking the same, very dangerous hitting your head of a hard surface. I have been in the odd situation where drink and a crowd will whip people into a frenzy, this guy is gonna wake up the next day with a hangover+concussion +a lowered bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Serves em right tbh. If you get into it with a Russian fan you deserve your beating. They don't mess around over there, macho culture is everything, it's kind of backwards society, but if you get in a street fight in Russia, no ones going to break it up until there is a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wonder is that guy ok.

He’ll be asking for a rematch in an hour.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

walshb wrote: »
    We as a nation need to ban that fooking insufferable ole ole ole ole bollix...

Anyone found uttering it should be sentenced to 25 years hard labor..

Its a licence for idiots to act like loud intrusive morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

Some scrotes in that video clip, that chap at the end got what he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wailin wrote: »
    Some scrotes in that video clip, that chap at the end got what he deserved.

Have to agree. He was looking for a fight and got one. Spitting on someone is the lowest and deserves a slap.

He didnt learn his lesson either, got put on his ass just before. Nevermind the fact there was just a few russians there and a load of pissed Irish lads acting the maggot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Hate to say it, but the real loser this weekend is MMA. Biggest ever stage and this nonsense occurs. Every conceivable unfounded prejudice now reinforced - and then some.

If you're cynical enough of course there's bankable marketing in all that publicity, but who here that actually cares about the sport wants to have that conversation again about how it's actually an extremely disciplined sport/ requires year of study and so on...

Oh well.

Coker will be licking his lips anyway about Danis. People will tune in to see him to take a hiding. And on it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Embarrasing shower of knackers. And I don't mean the Russians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Id say that tramp Ewan mckenna was *****ng himself silly watching that last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

MarkY91 wrote: »
    And what would you like to see next from McGregor?

he needs to earn the right for another title shot.

Tony v khabib would be a very intriguing fight.

I was really disappointed when Pettis had to forfit, that was simply an amazing fight. I never seen two men enjoy fighting so much, it was kind of disturbing lol

I'd like to see the following. I think the timelines would work nicely too.

Khabib v Ferguson
    Holloway v Winner of Diaz/Poirier
    McGregor v Loser of Diaz/Poirier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Couple of Russians may be getting fecked in jail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I'd like to see the following. I think the timelines would work nicely too.

Khabib v Ferguson
    Holloway v Winner of Diaz/Poirier
    McGregor v Loser of Diaz/Poirier

I think Khabib will be put on a penance and MCNugget will fight Fergie next.

Winner will fight Khabib in Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

I think McGregor has brought this mental warfare strategy as far as it can go. After his defeats it won't wash anymore. He had nowhere else to take it.

He should do a complete 180 and be respectful and humble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SteM

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I think Khabib will be put on a penance and MCNugget will fight Fergie next.

Winner will fight Khabib in Russia

Can't believe that they would ever hold a Khabib fight in Russia after what happened last night. What would they have to gain from it that they couldn't achive in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

soon we will UFC event team Khabib V Team Mcgregor one on one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

backspin. wrote: »
    I think McGregor has brought this mental warfare strategy as far as it can go. After his defeats it won't wash anymore. He had nowhere else to take it.

He should do a complete 180 and be respectful and humble.

It's a bit like Tyson's baddest man on the planet thing in boxing, it worked when he was in his prime and guys were afraid of him because he was on top of his game. Once his skills began to wane it was just gimmick that worked against mentally weak fighters, other top guys saw through it and weren't intimidated by it.

With McGregor guys are seeing weaknesses now and aren't intimidated, they know if they stick to the plan he can be beaten. He's going to have to up his game or pick his fights very carefully if he wants to continue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement