Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Introverted Moment

There's a difference between an individual wanting his star to wane and the actuality. He is more popular than ever. That's just a fact.
    He's more famous than ever. So who wouldn't want to watch his down fall!

As for Mystic Mac - why is it they call him that again?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Like the last five times they tried to make that fight? :)

Doesn't have to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9CdYoouHjA

Khabib will be suspended - they won't wait. Tony Ferguson would beg for the conor fight. That's the money. They are prize fighters.

They'll suspend him for a month or 2, so he'll be available for the next big card.
    Neither Tony or Khabib looked to walk away with injury.

In Fergusons interview after his fight, he said something about fighting the winner of the next match and that he doesn't care with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lads. - a rematch would even outsell this one.

The UFC are gonna go for it straight away for sure.

Fight Khabib again when he his back from suspension. Retire in the sunset with hundreds of millions.
    Mcgregor will age faster than Khabib. Think of how much drink and drugs he'll have done by then. Khabib will have learned more and will only beat him more badly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

callaway92 wrote: »

I think McGregor would be foolish to take an immediate rematch. With some work I think he can beat Khabib but it won't be easy and it will take a bit of time. I think he should take another fight or 2 first whilst making improvements specifically aimed at a second Khabib fight.

• Advertisement

If Mcgregor lost though, he'd be bound to throw a tantrum.

I think McGregor would be foolish to take an immediate rematch. With some work I think he can beat Khabib but it won't be easy and it will take a bit of time. I think he should take another fight or 2 first whilst making improvements specifically aimed at a second Khabib fight.
    Not a chance. Khabib was the better fighter on foot too. Let's not forget that the best punch in the fight was thrown by Khabib. That was harder than anything golden boy ever threw. The ref was ready to end it there and then.

You're delusional

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They'll suspend him for a month or 2, so he'll be available for the next big card.
    Neither Tony or Khabib looked to walk away with injury.

In Fergusons interview after his fight, he said something about fighting the winner of the next match and that he doesn't care with one.
    which

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Mcgregor will age faster than Khabib. Think of how much drink and drugs he'll have done by then. Khabib will have learned more and will only beat him more badly.

Aging or Losing won't prevent anything I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not a chance. Khabib was the better fighter on foot too. Let's not forget that the best punch in the fight was thrown by Khabib. That was harder than anything golden boy ever threw. The ref was ready to end it there and then.

You're delusional

:confused:

• Advertisement

Couldn't believe Dana drank that piss McGregor was trying to promote. He made such a fool of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Not a chance. Khabib was the better fighter on foot too. Let's not forget that the best punch in the fight was thrown by Khabib. That was harder than anything McGregor ever threw. The ref was ready to end it there and then.

You're delusional
    Of course Conor can beat him. Khabib isn't indestructible. I think Conor fought a poor match by his standards. With a bit of work who knows what can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

You're delusional

No he wasn't!

Don't feed the troll!

Maybe they could do another face off, and assess who looks more intimidated. But an actual fight? McGregor would be crushed. The poor lad has endured enough brain damage from this one.

McGregor would be crushed. The poor lad has endured enough brain damage from this one.

Probably won't notice..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He needs a win just like the Diaz situation, 2 losses on his return would just confirm peoples suspicions he lost any hunger and motivation to still be one of the best MMA fighters around.

I'm still surprised he came back, what he did in his few years at the UFC was phenomenal, that will never be forgotten. He always said he'll quit before he takes too much damage, if he approaches fights like the last one that'll be sooner than later. Khabib/Ferguson can inflict serious damage on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Of course Conor can beat him. Khabib isn't indestructible. I think Conor fought a poor match by his standards. With a bit of work who knows what can happen.

I think conor was scared for the first time in his fighting career, he looked very nervous. But now he has been in there with Khabib and didn't suffer much damage he would be much more at ease in a rematch. He should be able to put up a better fight.

But Khabib knows get him down in the first and tire him out and it will be the same result.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

which

Mod: Banned for a week for trolling - keep it up when you come back and it will be twice as long the next time.

Did anyone else see the footage of McGregor telling Khabib it's only business at the end of the round?

• Advertisement

It's misreported - I think he says 'Fight Business.' - because Khabib was claiming to the ref McGregor was holding illegally. Some outlets are reporting McGREGOR says 'It's only business.' and as some form of apology. Nonsense reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Did anyone else see the footage of McGregor telling Khabib it's only business at the end of the round?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Good fight against Pettis. Wasn't impressive though. Took a lot of punches off a fighter past his best.

Tony lost to Brown. Faced a past his best Barboza. Beat a young Kevin Lee.
    Tony takes punches in every fight, that's how he fights. How was Barboza past his best? What does Kevin Lee being young have to do with anything? Who on earth is Brown? lol

You're stretching to try and discredit Tony's wins a bit man! Tony has been smashing top competition for 11 fights in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

God I thought these threads and Facebook were bad.

Those Irish newspapers MMA fighting have put up are mortifying. Talk about clueless.

It's misreported - I think he says 'Fight Business.' - because Khabib was claiming to the ref McGregor was holding illegally. Some outlets are reporting McGREGOR says 'It's only business.' and as some form of apology. Nonsense reporting.

No,.looks like he was saying 'it's only business'..and apologetically..and yer man was having none of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

Which round? I did notice Conor trying to touch gloves at the beginning of the 3rd but Khabib was like f5@k off!

Sorry meant - Johnson.

Everything else is self explanatory - if you don't know you're not qualified to talk about it.

This is gold - 'Tony takes punches in every fight, that's how he fights.'

Yeah, fighters fight to get hit. Wonderful game plan. If you're saying he eats punches to get in punches - I think Tony is a way better fighter than that.

Perry12 wrote: »
    Which round? I did notice Conor trying to touch gloves at the beginning of the 3rd but Khabib was like f5@k off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5nU45sueFc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Conor didn't say 'business' and khabib didn't say 'guess so'

You can't tell what conor said but there was definitely no 'it' or 'business', khabib said 'lets go'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Perry12 wrote: »

Eh.. he didn't try to touch gloves, mcgregor always comes out with his hand extended, thats just his stance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement