Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I presume JK will get his time soon enough?
    My first time watching his watching his podcast, couldn’t of picked a worse one by the looks of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What on earth was Rogan thinking getting Kavanagh and Lockhart in at the same time?

Two separate podcasts would have made much more sense, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

turned off. **** that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

XsApollo wrote: »
    I presume JK will get his time soon enough?
    My first time watching his watching his podcast, couldn’t of picked a worse one by the looks of it?

This is 90% of Joe's podcasts these days. Falls into the monotony of dietary bro science. Neil Degrasse Tyson on, talk about his ****ing gym sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JRE is generally poor in full. Edited portions on YouTube are easier to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm out, I'm gonna wait for the edits to come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

come back Froog he's up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This is 90% of Joe's podcasts these days. Falls into the monotony of dietary bro science. Neil Degrasse Tyson on, talk about his ****ing gym sessions.

I love it when he starts about “unmotivated” and “lazy” people who won’t work out.

This is coming from the man pumped full of testosterone and HGH and no 9-5.

No wonder he has more energy than the general population FFS!

Paully D wrote: »
    I love it when he starts about “unmotivated” and “lazy” people who won’t work out.

This is coming from the man pumped full of testosterone and HGH and no 9-5.

No wonder he has more energy than the general population FFS!
    Bro being the best comedian in the world is much harder than any 9-5 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

JK admitting they focused too much on defense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Bro being the best comedian in the world is much harder than any 9-5 :pac:

The best comedian in the world!!!!!!!! hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

JK dodging the endurance issue and steering it mainly to the boxing match ......Rogan tried to press him on it couple times

This has been great once Joe turned his attention to JK. A pretty good all round interview so far, and it's going on 50 minutes now.

Covers Khabib, the aftermath of the fight, the Floyd fight, Conor's outlook on future fights. There's even talk of a boxing match with Paulie being discussed, and a hybrid MMA bout with Floyd where only striking and leg kicks are sanctioned. Now they're talking about specifics of when a Khabib rematch could happen.

I like JK's interviews and usually the same for JR's podcasts. It took a while to get going but this is a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭removed2

hope it goes to a second round
    conor can beat that kabib

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor needs to fight and beat someone else before even being considered for a rematch IMO

it's ufc.
    Aldo never got one and so deserved one.
    Money will dictate all. PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

xtal191 wrote: »
    McGregor needs to fight and beat someone else before even being considered for a rematch IMO

I absolutely think that.....2 defeats in a row and he would be done, my first thought after the fight Sunday morning was he's done but with a clear head he can get back on the horse ....not Khabib not Ferguson, not yet

That's not to say he can't lose any other fight, it's hard to tell where he is now as a fighter

that was a good interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

100%:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

ya i don't know what's the right next move for conor. he's a long ways off beating khabib i think a rematch wouldn't be a good move. then again he's at the super stardom stage where every fight kind of has to be a super fight. i think maybe a novelty fight against GSP would be fun, sell loads and capture the imagination. tony deserves the shot against khabib.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

xtal191 wrote: »

I don't think him or Dana will want Khabib next anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Heard most of the interview. Didn't think it was great. Joe should have asked more difficult questions regarding megregors performance.

Really looking forward to Netflix 3 part doc on the Pauly mebfjdnrueneehe sparing session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I dunno, bring in Diaz to train Conor and have JK die of a heart attack and we have Rocky III all over again

I think it might have shut down JK if Joe persued hard facts with vigor.
    What is JK gonna do? say yeah we are ****e connor is an eejit and we are fooked?
    It's always a compromise and i think it went well

Agree about the netflix show that will be very interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Willing to bet we see the rematch within 9 months. Rematch makes even more money. This one was the biggest ppv in UFC history and the Melee afterwards has made Khabib even more of a gangster. He has gained a couple of million followers on instagram in the last twenty four hours. Money talks. Nsac will go easy on Khabib. Stack the undercard with mcgregor stable v Russian stable. The Diaz rematch did more sales thn the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

I think Conor needs to look at a nutritionist with actual qualifications and ditch Lockhart, he's a chancer. I think Rogan smelled bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Just heard complaints filed against conor and Khabib. Both being investigated by Nevada Commision.

Jk is like some overgrown schoolboy..believes too much of his own and McGregor's horsesh1t..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Heard most of the interview. Didn't think it was great. Joe should have asked more difficult questions regarding megregors performance.

Really looking forward to Netflix 3 part doc on the Pauly mebfjdnrueneehe sparing session.

Joe Rogan and asking difficult questions generally aren't associated with each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Aph2016 wrote: »
    I think Conor needs to look at a nutritionist with actual qualifications and ditch Lockhart, he's a chancer. I think Rogan smelled bull****.

He said a few things alright that sounded like he was having digs at Lockhart. At one stage he was referring positively to guys "who actually have scientific qualifications from college". At another time he was referring disparagingly to some fighters associating with "gym dudes who tubs of goo" (or something to that affect). All of this was after Lockart had admitted that he didn't really have any qualifications and had essentially been his own lab rat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement