Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I find it a bit sad that so many are calling for handy fights that they're sure he'll win. Like, that's not what sport's about.

I'd love to see him in the cage with Khabib again.

I don't think most people are calling for handy fights. They're calling for fights to deserve a title shot again and they're calling for good fights that also get rid of ring rust

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You really don't like Conor then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

The Nal wrote: »
    So he did yeah.

Interesting from JK last night saying he considered McGregor done after Alvarez.

Hard to see where he goes from here. Another loss and he should pack it in.

Personally I'd leave it until the hunger comes back, once it goes fighters tend to get smashed up. He has the luxory of being well off that 90 percent of fighters don't, I wouldn't touch it for granted.

He should definitely give the secret another read I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I find it a bit sad that so many are calling for handy fights that they're sure he'll win. Like, that's not what sport's about.

I doubt Khabib would consider it but I would love to see it as well just to see would Conor be as sure of himself before the next fight.
    Just maybe if he trained like a dog for the next 6 months and was razor sharp in the ring he might get a chance to KO Khabib but I'd say it would be a slim chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Bullocks wrote: »
    I doubt Khabib would consider it but I would love to see it as well just to see would Conor be as sure of himself before the next fight.
    Just maybe if he trained like a dog for the next 6 months and was razor sharp in the ring he might get a chance to KO Khabib but I'd say it would be a slim chance

I didn't think he had the slightest chance the first time. I'd say if he trained for 2 lifetimes he wouldn't worry the Russian in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I didn't think he had the slightest chance the first time. I'd say if he trained for 2 lifetimes he wouldn't worry the Russian in fairness.

So who beats the wrestler?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ben Askren.

He has beaten himself in the past. Tiramisugate. Missed weight cuts. Lots of 'injuries'. Years of going 'missing' due to injuries. Something doesn't add up to me on that score...

Let's see how he reacts to having millions of pounds from the PPV. But, given Khabib's connections and financial support to get here, I'd doubt he'll see much of it. If people think Conor has bad connections... whoa... nothing compared to Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

He has been beaten himself in the past. Tiramisugate. Missed weight cuts. Lots of 'injuries'. Years of going 'missing' due to injuries. Something doesn't add up to me on that score...

Let's see how he reacts to having millions of pounds from the PPV. But, given Khabib's connections and financial support to get here, I'd doubt he'll see much of it. If people think Conor has bad connections... whoa... nothing compared to Khabib.

I'd say he will be alright

• Advertisement

I'd say he will be alright

what an insight!!!

He has beaten himself in the past. Tiramisugate. Missed weight cuts. Lots of 'injuries'. Years of going 'missing' due to injuries. Something doesn't add up to me on that score...

he'll probably go on a mad 4-month bender with hookers and coke and turn into an insufferable dick.

glasso wrote: »
    he'll probably go on a mad 4-month bender with hookers and coke and turn into an insufferable dick.

Why do you have to compare everything to that?

He's own man? I'm sure Khabib has other models of living in mind.

It seems to you have a standard bearer in mind. But you need to be more open minded. There are other people and ways of living in this world! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hoping Khabib will get his fight purse and pov money. His village might be getting some sweet upgrades with all the cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hoping Khabib will get his fight purse and pov money. His village might be getting some sweet upgrades with all the cash

Dana reckons 250k fine and 4-6 months suspension.
    NSAC brining sanctions against both.

JJayoo wrote: »

Yeah, I'm sure Khabib and his buddy Magomedov will be putting more people out of their homes!

But you'd have to know your stuff to know what they're like.

But then again a lot of Olympic Russian athletes have backed Magomedov...

But, wait, Russia was kicked out of the Olympics for organised doping...

But, Khabib is a clean-living man! A devout Saint! The media says so!

Why do you have to compare everything to that?

He's own man? I'm sure Khabib has other models of living in mind.

It seems to you have a standard bearer in mind. But you need to be more open minded. There are other people and ways of living in this world! :)

there might have been a touch of sarcasm there.

i'm sure that he will use his winnings more wisely than others may choose to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dana reckons 250k fine and 4-6 months suspension.
    NSAC brining sanctions against both.

A slap as they wouldnt be fighting for 6 months again anyway and is only about a 10th of Khabib purse.
    The money these events bring to Vegas is more important than anything.

rob316 wrote: »
    A slap as they wouldnt be fighting for 6 months again anyway and is only about a 10th of Khabib purse.
    The money these events bring to Vegas is more important than anything.

of course. such is the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

but but but...

What the fook are you dribbling about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

How long do people reckon until we see Conor fight again? Unfortunately I'm guessing next Spring at the earliest :/ Had he won this fight I'd have almost suggested he could aim for the New Year's card, but he'll surely want to spend some time training and getting back to form first. Feb/March 2019 a possibility though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yeah, I'm sure Khabib and his buddy Magomedov will be putting more people out of their homes!

But you'd have to know your stuff to know what they're like.

But then again a lot of Olympic Russian athletes have backed Magomedov...

But, wait, Russia was kicked out of the Olympics for organised doping...

But, Khabib is a clean-living man! A devout Saint! The media says so!

Russia... an easy scapegoat for all the other countries to point at and blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pussyhands wrote: »
    McGregor is past his peak in terms of hype now. He's no longer the unbeatable, raw powerhouse who knocks out everyone in his sight. People are sick of his pre fight routines now, everything has been seen before.

He got absolutely schooled on Saturday and he's in no way deserving of a Khabib rematch. He's more interested in marketing his bottle of piss than anything now. His ground game is terrible.

More and more people are happy to see him beat after his antics over the years. He's just wholly unlikable and it's clear this "I'm a dick" persona isn't a persona, it's who he is.

I'm actually surprised he signed up for 6 fights...didn't really see 6 fights worth in the UFC for him, less so now. He can't be that stuck for money. Maybe he's not making as much from these mega fights as he claims?

Conor has enough money not to have to work a day for the rest of his life. Enough even for his kids not to have to work. I think he just likes fighting but he's so wealthy now you'd have to question his motivation going forward. He doesn't need the money so why put yourself through gruelling training camps and fights? I think he'll fight again as I think he enjoys it but is he really pushing himself like he once did? I have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Commanchie wrote: »
    Right can we run a poll on who you are. Your deluded ramblings arent doing conor any favours.

Everything I've said is backed up. It's clear. And nothing to do with McGregor. That's about Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Everything I've said is backed up. It's clear. And nothing to do with McGregor. That's about Khabib.

It isnt clear. I wanted conor to win as you will see by my posts. What your doing is obsession ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQGXuMqq840

an interesting video on Khabib's friends, they trump conors....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

What was that, a week, week and a bit of fight talk before returning to normal service?
    Not bad going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Tazzimus wrote: »
    What was that, a week, week and a bit of fight talk before returning to normal service?
    Not bad going.

In fairness, given what happened, the fight talk turned pretty ****e too. I gave up on the event thread yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement