Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Have to admire Khabib and all those Dagestanis, they really do stick together and honor and pride more important than anything in life.

True - I fully believe him when he says he'll walk. Death before dishonour for those lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

dulux99 wrote: »
    True - I fully believe him when he says he'll walk. Death before dishonour for those lads.

Plus if he was to be let go Bellator would bend over backwards and throw some serious money at him and his team mates

dulux99 wrote: »
    Death before dishonour for those lads.

And if you're gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Well, chances are that at least one person who punched McGregor on Saturday was juiced.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/ruslan-magomedov-zubaira-tukhugov-usada-accept-two-year-suspensions

Never realized those two sh1tebags are juiceheads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

clsmooth wrote: »
    Never realized those two sh1tebags are juiceheads
    Surely not! Khabibs's brothers... I wonder if they really do stick together like brothers during EVERYTHNG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

If this fight goes ahead we can have the Khabbib Con Mac rematch outside the octagon as they might both be there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hasn't seen this before, that is gas out.

https://twitter.com/goteborgxr/status/1050448278209404929?s=19

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads unless there is actual proper proof of anything to do with doping etc do not be making accusations..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Commanchie wrote: »
    I dont know if i can post this but what Diarmuid posted is true.

Ok let's go nuts and entertain the possibility of this being true for a moment:

<snip>

Mod: No lets not...

With the new policy, even if he popped we won't hear about it for months. USADA don't announce a fail until after the case is resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

literally the only 'source' appears to be this dublin gaa lad. if it had any legs it'd be all over the place right now.

i'm much more interested in the rumours around something happening conor just before the fight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads which part was unclear...no speculating..tin foil hat nonsense or otherwise. Unless it is announced from a reliable source its a non story..move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads which part was unclear...no speculating..tin foil hat nonsense or otherwise. Unless it is announced from a reliable source its a non story..move on.

Thought you were on holidays lad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Ok let's go nuts and entertain the possibility of this being true for a moment:

<snip>

Mod: No lets not...

To be fair, I was rubbishing the very idea of it

froog wrote: »
    literally the only 'source' appears to be this dublin gaa lad. if it had any legs it'd be all over the place right now.

i'm much more interested in the rumours around something happening conor just before the fight.

John Anik already posted on this and it didnt sound like anything major at all. Lot of people in and out of the locker room pre fight and he had a new/different cut man wrap his hands.

http://www.punditarena.com/mma/oisinmcqueirns2758/anik-hints-at-backstage-mcgregor-chaos/

Thought you were on holidays lad

Wishful thinking, just wasn't around at all the other day.

John Anik already posted on this and it didnt sound like anything major at all. Lot of people in and out of the locker room pre fight and he had a new/different cut man wrap his hands.

http://www.punditarena.com/mma/oisinmcqueirns2758/anik-hints-at-backstage-mcgregor-chaos/
    I'm not sure why any of that - people coming in and out of a locker room - would cause him to change his pick though.

That's what he initially said, he saw something that caused him to change his pick to Khabib.

That's what he initially said, he saw something that caused him to change his pick to Khabib.

I assume that could be as simple as Conor's demeanour or how he was on arriving, if there was anything more to it I am sure JK would have alluded to it on Joe Rogan or we would have heard by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I assume that could be as simple as Conor's demeanour or how he was on arriving, if there was anything more to it I am sure JK would have alluded to it on Joe Rogan or we would have heard by now.

I guess the level of fanfare or distraction in the dressing room was enough to make Anik change his pick

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Yes, seen this mentioned several times in a few places but nothing substantiated...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

<snip>

Mod: If you are just going to ignore my post about accusations then you can take a break for a few days till it sinks in before you come back and post.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I wonder if we'll hear more about the locker room pre fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll hear more about the locker room pre fight.

If anything happened i'm sure it's on camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nothing happened. People looking for excuses for the mauling.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Its so funny emotions always run so high from both sides after a McGregor fight. Just regards Khabibs statement and the majority siding with him and thinking he is correct compared to what McGregor has done etc people really need to, 1. BREATHE, 2. THINK.

The UFC have not punished Conor for any of his indiscretionary actions in the last number of years except for not turning up to the UFC 200 Media Obligations.

Dana White has come out and confirmed that the UFC will not strip or punish Khabib.

The punishment will be handed out by the NSAC with regards Khabib recently attacking a corner man of an opposing team and initiating a fight. Much like when Conor attacked the bus it was the state of New York legal system that dealt with that incident (and the subsequent civil and court cases from the affected parties) so reading people whinging that the UFC didnt do this and didnt do that remember its not the UFC that will be punishing Khabib.

Now with that said The UFC SHOULD have punished Conor for the multiple Code of Ethics violations he has been involved in recently and they should also punish Khabib for his violation of the code of ethics but they wont do anything to either of them. **** poor old Paul Daley must be sitting back thinking to himself what in the actual ****!

Nothing happened. People looking for excuses for the mauling.

nah the whole room i was in watching the fight, everyone said he looked off as soon as he walked in, well before the john anik stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

nah the whole room i was in watching the fight, everyone said he looked off as soon as he walked in, well before the john anik stuff.

He might have been nervous, worried? :o

Gintonious wrote: »
    He might have been nervous, worried? :o

that or he just had that fed up of fighting feeling he had before.

Ahhh..he knew he was about to get battered lads..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

when they walked to the centre of the ring for Herb Deans instructions, Conor was looking all over the place and then it was like something clicked and he had to focus of Khabib. Conor is normally dead focused at that time.
    It reminded me of Alvarez during the instructions at their fight, couldn't make eye contact.

I've no idea how much interruptions in prep for a fight impact a fighter, I guess only the fighter himself knows that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement