Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It was until he assaulted Marc Goddard.

Not a sniff he was training before the Goddard incident. Really doubt he was planning to do a camp through xmas either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Excerpt from Conor's facebook status today:

Teeing himself up for a foray into politics? Also triple points for saying he is the most intelligent after stating "I am the most flashiest".

Conor going to Implement Lean management, six sigma in Government agencies to streamline processes and reduce costs? Pascal should give him a shout to help him out balancing the books.

ALA
    sacha-baron-cohen-ali-g-indahouse-2002-bphr6e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

he would be fantastic in dealing with striking public service workers

"you'll do nuttin" "beg me"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

McGregor in politics...the thread has gone full retard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Gintonious wrote: »

Irish politics went full retard a long time ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Gintonious wrote: »

"I run the politics game!"

"I AM POLITICS!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Mellor wrote: »
    Like the way it was definitely Nate for NYE?

Come off the stage. If there was an agreement and a deal in place for that fight for NYE then why is it being postponed a full 6 or 7 months? All because of the Godard incident? Laughable claim.

The idea that the UFC had an agreement in place with Conor McGregor and then they cancelled the fight because of an incident at a Bellator event is the silliest thing ive ever heard. The UFC have 1 star at the moment and it is Conor. If they had anything resembling an agreement for him to fight they’d be singing from the rooftops.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Mayweather is doing the same to McGregor with a rematch that he did to Khan about a fight. Basically just teasing and trolling and McGregor keeps taking the bait.

Its like a spurned love interest, just play it cool Conor and stop chasing/responding and do your own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Did anything ever happen to Conor after the Godard/Commissioner incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

It's nothing to do with religion.

Apologies, I realised Trump's executive order has now been suspended. Wonder what the trouble is ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Mayweather is doing the same to McGregor with a rematch that he did to Khan about a fight. Basically just teasing and trolling and McGregor keeps taking the bait.

Its like a spurned love interest, just play it cool Conor and stop chasing/responding and do your own thing.

Don't kid yourself. Conor loves the attention. Even if he does look foolish in the process.

I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I want to sell you. Slightly used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

pudzey101 wrote: »

Them belts are the in me gaff....wha
    Dropped the act unintentionally there and was quick to pick it up again, embarrassing.

And he has already given up one of them. They just make a new one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

D'ya know, I'm beginning to think Conor might not actually know how belts/titles work!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

And he has already given up one of them. They just make a new one anyway.

I don’t think so. When conor was stripped and they gave the belt back to Aldo it looked exactly the same as the belt Conor won when he beat him.

The belts are gold so it would be too expensive to make a new one each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

theres a new belt for each championship fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Effects wrote: »
    I don’t think so. When conor was stripped and they gave the belt back to Aldo it looked exactly the same as the belt Conor won when he beat him.

That's because all champions get the same belt design regardless of weight class.

There is a new belt each time:
    Stipe's collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

There's a new belt made for every single title fight in the UFC.

Here's DJ after he beat Tim Elliot with his 10 belts (he has 12 now).

C_exObyWsAIE9T_.jpg

Conor keeps the belts he's won. Its the recognition as Champion that he's stripped. The whole "Come and take them" spiel is the same thing as last time when he was stripped of the FW title.

I don’t think that’s the case. Remember when he beat Alvarez and he was shouting for his belt in the cage. That’s cause the LW belt was still back in Albarez’s dressing room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I don’t think that’s the case. Remember when he beat Alvarez and he was shouting for his belt in the cage. That’s cause the LW belt was still back in Albarez’s dressing room.

He got given a new LW belt (Eddie still has his at home) as it is with title fights, they give out a new belt. McGregor didn't bring his FW belt so the UFC didn't have two belts ready to go because only one belt was up for grabs. They grabbed a belt from Woodley supposedly so Conor could have two belts.

Do you think they got Conor to send back his featherweight belt to give to Aldo? That's a crazy thought!

MM seems to be only guy who never got given multiple belts until it came out in the media that he only had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Jesus I thought he was trolling for a second. Of course they make new belts. What do you think happens so when a lad retires? His house has no belts just a few sets of gloves or a few robes if he's a boxer. Some laugh.

Just like in Boxing the organisation sends you a spanking new one for keeps. Floyd's collection is pretty cool.

The cost of making a belt is a tiny fraction of the money generated by the fighter/fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Urindanger wrote: »
    Jesus I thought he was trolling for a second. Of course they make new belts. What do you think happens so when a lad retires? His house has no belts just a few sets of gloves or a few robes if he's a boxer. Some laugh.

Just like in Boxing the organisation sends you a spanking new one for keeps. Floyd's collection is pretty cool.

The cost of making a belt is a tiny fraction of the money generated by the fighter/fight.

Conor prob has 3 belts in total because he'd have the interim FW one too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Do you think Alvarez travels everywhere with his UFC title? This isn't the WWE. You don't need to physically hold the belt in your hand at all times to signify you're the champion. Theres a new belt created every time, this is common knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

how much are the belts actually worth ? Weidman said there worth $333,000 in Gold , i find it hard to belive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Just posted over in cycling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XugSX9WBO8

Meh, he doesn't even use clips or a helmet

I wonder how far he'd get before he gassed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

• Advertisement

I wish Mayweather hadn't dragged out the fight for so long. Conor's ego could do wish a crash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement