Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

glasso wrote: »
    lol

463890.jpg

Nailed it. The plastic bag in the corner and the pants from River Island give it away. Not to mention the cardinal sin of blavy.

Once his fans in Dagestan don't start doing the same what harm..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

glasso wrote: »
    lol

463890.jpg

Surely that particular demographic constitutes a large portion of travelling McGregor fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lads where’s the Joe Brolly chat?

You mean the exchange between him and JK? Was on Twitter.

Not that much said but John did concede that smashing up the bus wasn't acceptable.

https://twitter.com/TheSundayIndo/status/1051213569533054976?s=19

Vaguely remember in JK's book McGregor did something at the end of a fight which annoyed him and he told him never to do that again, anyone remember what that was?

I suppose those amateur level fights are a bit different and some antics (certainly not all) are more excusable in the UFC than they would be at lower levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Joe Brolly us just an attention seeker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

You mean the exchange between him and JK? Was on Twitter.

Not that much said but John did concede that smashing up the bus wasn't acceptable.

https://twitter.com/TheSundayIndo/status/1051213569533054976?s=19

Vaguely remember in JK's book McGregor did something at the end of a fight which annoyed him and he told him never to do that again, anyone remember what that was?

I suppose those amateur level fights are a bit different and some antics (certainly not all) are more excusable in the UFC than they would be at lower levels.

That was for celebrating like a di&khead when he had knocked out some fella

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

JJayoo wrote: »
    Joe Brolly us just an attention seeker

Joe Brolly had to be reigned in when RTE were doing Ireland's Greatest Sporting Moment or something like that last summer when he was having a personal attack on Barry McGuigan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Nobody cares what that gobshyte has to say about mma / ufc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Surely that particular demographic constitutes a large portion of travelling McGregor fans.

I'm as open minded as anyone, but an MMA bout seems like a really bizarre place to get married.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm as open minded as anyone, but an MMA bout seems like a really bizarre place to get married.

Only if Yamasaki is officiating the wedding. The bride and groom would be half dead before he married them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The cornerman/fighter that punched Conor in the back of the head and boasted about it in Instagram will not be back in the UFC.

Video just went up from tmz where they asked Dana if Khabibs cornerman are fired. Very non committal. "let's see how this thing plays out".

No doubt in my mind he'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nobody cares what that gobshyte has to say about mma / ufc.
    Fixed that for you. ;)

Demographic, not destination :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

There's a thread in After Hours about it the past couple of days.

I know the fight purses are big. But what is McGregor earning in sponsorship deals with Burger King, Beats by Dre and Monster Energy drinks. What's that money like? He has other sponsorships too, doesn't he?

Every time he posts a product on Facebook and Insta he must getting a lot of money considering he has nearly of 30 million followers on insta. You'd imagine to advertise to 30 million people you have to pay a lot...

The interest alone on his bank acc must be in excess of million a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

“Canelo Alvarez signs richest sports contract in history with $365 million deal”
    https://twitter.com/i/events/1052584645160620032

Conor McGregor Still be boasting about The Mayweather money now?

“Canelo Alvarez signs richest sports contract in history with $365 million deal”

What's that got to do with MMA or Conor McGregor? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

$365 mill for 11 fights

Mayweather made $300 for mcgregor ( that’s what has been spouted about )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

$365 mill for 11 fights

Mayweather made $300 for mcgregor ( that’s what has been spouted about )

That's just what he's guaranteed. He will more than double that when his share of PPV sales and advertisement money is factored in.

Not bad money.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's just what he's guaranteed. He will more than double that when his share of PPV sales and advertisement money is factored in.

Not bad money.

His contract with Dazn who don't do PPV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Not bad money.

That 365m is all , no ppv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Expect to see him at least 3 times a year for the next 4 years so.

His contract with Dazn who don't do PPV.

You've just invested 365 mill in someone. Seems like a big investment to make sure Canelo never loses... You've got to be risk adverse for the fist few fights at the very least. That's the problem with these huge deals. They might wait until GGG is forty to be sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

The kid from Crumlin is only worth 100 and odd million .....boohooo

the depth to which some will show their dislike of him knows no bounds

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Did Roddy ever get that final vlog up, or does the result determine whether it's released?

Enjoyed the final one made for the 2nd Diaz fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

You've just invested 365 mill in someone. Seems like a big investment to make sure Canelo never loses... You've got to be risk adverse for the fist few fights at the very least. That's the problem with these huge deals. They might wait until GGG is forty to be sure...

Well they've already started, he's going to butcher Fielding in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

sonofenoch wrote: »
    The kid from Crumlin is only worth 100 and odd million .....boohooo

the depth to which some will show their dislike of him knows no bounds

According to his fan club, money is the only measure of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I see a new After hours thread about the downfall of Conor lol

According to his fan club, money is the only measure of success.

Well, if that's what they believe, then McGregor is the most successful MMA fighter whoever lived in their eyes.

That a boxer earns 365 million is a separate sport and issue.

I think Canelo has under sold himself there. As a native Spanish and English speaker, an appeal that stretches across the Americas (and the world) and boxing is biggest in that cultural community, he's worth more than that for 11 fights. Canelo is boxing's biggest draw now and a hero in South America, if you offered Mayweather 365 mill for 11 fights Mayweather would laugh at you. But when someone sees that figure...hard to turn down...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mayweather makes that in 1 fight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well, if that's what they believe, then McGregor is the most successful MMA fighter whoever lived in their eyes.

That a boxer earns 365 million is a separate sport and issue.

I think Canelo has under sold himself there. As a native Spanish and English speaker, an appeal that stretches across the Americas (and the world) and boxing is biggest in that cultural community, he's worth more than that for 11 fights. Canelo is boxing's biggest draw now and a hero in South America, if you offered Mayweather 365 mill for 11 fights Mayweather would laugh at you. But when someone sees that figure...hard to turn down...

I don't know shít about boxing but if the events were PPVs then it would increase the money he'd make (either through increased payment for the contract or through a PPV cut) but regardless I'd say he's pretty happy right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement