Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Gintonious wrote: »
    The first comment is gas.

I wish Conor would stop playing Diva and fight these guys with his belt on the line if he thinks they're such easy fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Effects wrote: »
    Meh, he doesn't even use clips or a helmet
    when you switch from flat pedals to clipless you usually have at least 1 mishap, the risk of injury isnt worth switching pedals at this stage for him, he's also only using the road bike for low to medium intensity recovery rides

the helmet is personal choice and a touchy subject , but which is worse, falling off a bike at 25-30km/h or getting elbowed/kneed/punched repeatedly in the face?

when you fall off a bike at that speed your hands usually make contact first to break the fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

I cant stand those TMZ reporters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

pudzey101 wrote: »
    The Mayweather trouncing still hurts him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

when you switch from flat pedals to clipless you usually have at least 1 mishap, the risk of injury isnt worth switching pedals at this stage for him, he's also only using the road bike for low to medium intensity recovery rides

the helmet is personal choice and a touchy subject , but which is worse, falling off a bike at 25-30km/h or getting elbowed/kneed/punched repeatedly in the face?

I'm just paraphrasing Nate Diaz on that :D

I had two concussions in 6 months due to not wearing a helmet. In my opinion they are safer than not wearing one.
    I've had a good few falls from the bike.
    I wear a helmet 60% of the time.

27369102_2423645937859811_9042515828297730736_o.jpg?oh=ca03319372b45fbf4863d3863183a340&oe=5AE17E37

27629199_2423646007859804_6212053928619218540_o.jpg?oh=fdecd755bc277fcbf827bbb8970de89e&oe=5B1B8B0B

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The odd thing about his picture of Holloway was that that fight went to a decision, so he didn't need to be saved by the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ush1 wrote: »
    The odd thing about his picture of Holloway was that that fight went to a decision, so he didn't need to be saved by the ref.

He won the fight by some distance and did his ACL during the fight too in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The Nal wrote: »
    He won the fight by some distance and did his ACL during the fight too in fairness.

Nobody is arguing that, doesn't change the fact Holloway wasn't rescued by a ref

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nobody is arguing that, doesn't change the fact Holloway wasn't rescued by a ref

And max was about 12 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

really funny pic though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Yeah I agree, Conor looks like a confused lost child who the ref is trying to console.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

The Mayweather trouncing still hurts him.

It’s a shame mayweather held back so much. The loss clearly eats at him,imagine if Mayweather had not carried him to the tenth round ( it was decent of him in fairness) and just put him away in 5-6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

LastLagoon wrote: »
    It’s a shame mayweather held back so much. The loss clearly eats at him,imagine if Mayweather had not carried him to the tenth round ( it was decent of him in fairness) and just put him away in 5-6

How do you propose he 'put him away' in 5-6?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

LastLagoon wrote: »
    He's much more knowledgeable on combat sports than most casual observers. I imagine he knew exactly how insurmountable the task was. That was a power play for the money, nothing less imo. I highly doubt it eats at him tbh. If you look at the posters who bring it up constantly, it's obvious who is salty.

I think you're also misjudging Mayweather completely. He could have finished him by the 5th - no question about it. But that would have required a much more aggressive approach that leaves him open. Why should he gift Conor a 10% chance by going full boot in round 1, when he can shell his way to a 1% margin in the 8th. FMW is the conservative king of the ring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod: Other thread Re: McGregor v Mayweather deleted - leave the creating threads on McGregor to the mods and dont go creating ones on pure speculation thanks..

So...any fight announcements yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

With every champion that pulls out (Whittaker, Holloway and so on) I can’t help but think it makes CMG’s asking price go up another few notches. The UFC needs him so badly at the minute and he knows this better than anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

So what's the story, life was a bit busy the last few weeks so I don't keep up with everything. Has he to at least sign for a fight by march or will we ever see him in mma again?

So...any fight announcements yet?

Other than teasing a rematch with Floyd under MMA rules? No.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Other than teasing a rematch with Floyd under MMA rules? No.

So nothing in the realms of reality then.

So nothing in the realms of reality then.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,601 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Conor might have now realised that he is not earning anywhere near his true worth in UFC. We might never see him in the Octagon again if he can find another avenue that can make more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Conor might have now realised that he is not earning anywhere near his true worth in UFC. We might never see him in the Octagon again if he can find another avenue that can make more money.

But isn't his worth all to do with punching people in the face for money? Don't know what other avenues would generate the same money and certainly the same level of exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

But isn't his worth all to do with punching people in the face for money? Don't know what other avenues would generate the same money and certainly the same level of exposure.

I dunno....id pay more to watch someone slap him with a bat to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Person writing the article clearly doesn't understand that weed is perfectly fine to smoke out of competition but writes for an mma site :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Sure Nate Diaz was vaping weed in the press conference after the 1st/2nd fight can't recall which

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement