Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

McG Vs Lesnar for the new 165pound belt

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

XsApollo wrote: »
    Please god no.
    The Champ Champ Champ doesn’t have the same ring to it.

The Triple Champ

followed by

The Triple Comma Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The Triple Champ

followed by

The Triple Comma Club

He'll never be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

JJayoo wrote: »
    McG Vs Lesnar for the new 165pound belt

Lesnar would have to lose both legs to make that weight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Remember when Conor was talking about going up as far as middleweight? :eek:
    He said they were "all too slow up there". 2 years from now he may be the Champ Champ Champ Champ Champ :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement

Lesnar would have to lose both legs to make that weight :pac:
    I'd still back Lesnar to win that fight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

XsApollo wrote: »
    Please god no.
    The Champ Champ Champ doesn’t have the same ring to it.

He is barely the Champ! Never mind Champ Champ Champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

cliggg wrote: »
    Remember when Conor was talking about going up as far as middleweight? :eek:
    He said they were "all too slow up there". 2 years from now he may be the Champ Champ Champ Champ Champ :rolleyes: :D

I remember him saying that to Cerrone and RDA who were lightweights at the time.....he beat the title holder of that division

who do you remember him saying that to?

sonofenoch wrote: »
    I remember him saying that to Cerrone and RDA who were lightweights at the time.....he beat the title holder of that division

who do you remember him saying that to?
    I only ever heard him say it to Andrew McGahon from 3:25 to 4:35 in this interview. He also claims in it that he "folded up" The Mountain from Game Of Thrones when they sparred so perhaps it should all be taken with a pinch or two of salt :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cliggg wrote: »
    I only ever heard him say it to Andrew McGahon from 3:25 to 4:35 in this interview. He also claims in it that he "folded up" The Mountain from Game Of Thrones when they sparred so perhaps it should all be taken with a pinch or two of salt :rolleyes:

Well considering he went up and won the 155 belt after those comments, and the manner in which he did it. It's kinda hard to not take them seriously (in hindsight). The HW comments clearly weren't serious.

In other news, I seen on Instagram, He was out on a back porch pedaling away on a watt bike the other night. Getting back in shape?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Mellor wrote: »
    In other news, I seen on Instagram, He was out on a back porch pedaling away on a watt bike the other night. Getting back in shape?

He's been back training for a good while now.

Effects wrote: »
    He's been back training for a good while now.
    I've seen him in the gym, sparring, rolling when in New York etc. But that was the first time I can remember him doing any cardio/conditioning/making weight type stuff.
    Of course I've only seen a snapshot of his training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

in fairness to Conor he always seems to be in pretty good shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

in fairness to Conor he always seems to be in pretty good shape.

He actually got tired after 2 rounds against a 40 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭cletus

Facetiousness much?

Did you last the full 12 yourself? :pac:

He allowed a 40yr old the impression he was carried for 6 rounds before tiring .....won 4 possible 5 of those rounds .......course he let the 40yr old let him win those rounds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I gas out reading some posts

Dana confirms that when the winner of Khabib v Tony is crowned, McGregor gets stripped.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc-mcgregor-stripped-of-title-20180302-story.html

I suggested that was the case a while back. They want to avoid the risk of one of the lads pulling out, or even the fight being a draw.

cletus wrote: »
    Facetiousness much?

Yep a bit.

Although he does have a serious cardio issue. He mustn’t be putting in the hours on the road. Maybe that’s due to injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭cletus

Yep a bit.

Although he does have a serious cardio issue. He mustn’t be putting in the hours on the road. Maybe that’s due to injury.

I think due more to his style of fighting

cletus wrote: »
    I think due more to his style of fighting

How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Yep a bit.

This Cardio issue only came up for the first time when he trained and ate in a completely different way in a camp for tve first time ever. Fighting at 170. It reared its head again in a fight in a different discipline, my opinion is it's not as big an issue as is being made out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mellor wrote: »
    Dana confirms that when the winner of Khabib v Tony is crowned, McGregor gets stripped.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc-mcgregor-stripped-of-title-20180302-story.html

I suggested that was the case a while back. They want to avoid the risk of one of the lads pulling out, or even the fight being a draw.

Eddiiieeeeee called it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,498 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I am hoping, perhaps naively, that Conor being stripped would be the motivation he needs to get back into the fighting mindset. I'd love to see him go back on a tear, there's so many good fights to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Here's a bit of a random thought I had regarding McGregors next fight, assuming he won't be the defending champion. He's actually walked out in the blue corner, or as challenger, in the majority of his fights recently

Vs Mayweather - walked out first
    Vs Alvarez - walked out first
    Diaz 2 - walked out first
    Diaz 1 - walked out second
    Vs Aldo - walked out first
    Vs Mendes - walked out first.

Of course this means sweet f*Ck all. Maybe it just means I'm cracking up from being couped up inside over this snow.

This Cardio issue only came up for the first time when he trained and ate in a completely different way in a camp for tve first time ever. Fighting at 170. It reared its head again in a fight in a different discipline, my opinion is it's not as big an issue as is being made out

And midway through that 2nd Diaz fight, you'd think he'd have been better prepared .......I reckon his cardio will be an issue whenever he goes into deep waters......it probably happened first time round for the reasons you mentioned but it'll likely always be there, so it's quite a big issue for him

sonofenoch wrote: »
    And midway through that 2nd Diaz fight, you'd think he'd have been better prepared .......I reckon his cardio will be an issue whenever he goes into deep waters......it probably happened first time round for the reasons you mentioned but it'll likely always be there, so it's quite a big issue for him

Carrying 33lbs more than he'd carried before most of his fights the day before had to have made a massive difference. Anyway it's just my opinion a d they're are like arseholes.. everybody has got one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Carrying 33lbs more than he'd carried before most of his fights the day before had to have made a massive difference. Anyway it's just my opinion a d they're are like arseholes.. everybody has got one

But he wasn't carrying 33lbs more, he just didn't cut weight. He probably weighed less than 10lbs more in the cage Vs Nate than he did Vs Aldo, and weighed the same or more when he caught Eddie.

He was cutting well north of 20lbs at 145.

• Advertisement

But he wasn't carrying 33lbs more, he just didn't cut weight. He probably weighed less than 10lbs more in the cage Vs Nate than he did Vs Aldo, and weighed the same or more when he caught Eddie.

He was cutting well north of 20lbs at 145.

He was if you read what I said. It's an entirely different camp they went for nutrition wise. 'You've seen him on salads now you'll see him on steaks'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement