Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

.ak wrote: »
    Depends on whether or not he's arrested. I've just seen the footage of him putting the trolly through the window. That's fairly clear cut, but if that's not the one that injures your man then he might not get arrested and charged if UFC own the bus.

If he's not charged, I reckon a suspension is coming and that'll help them negotiate a fight in late 2018 or early 2019.

If he's arrested and banned from entering the US ever again the UFC won't really have a choice but to drop him. My feeling is right now the company still need him more than he needs them, but they'd love to even that up a bit.

Does getting arrested itself cause a ban from entering the US? I thought one had to be actually found guilty and convicted, not merely arrested or charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Does getting arrested itself cause a ban from entering the US? I thought one had to be actually found guilty and convicted, not merely arrested or charged?

You'd need a conviction for specific crimes to lose entry rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Not sure, but I'd imagine he would be found guilty and convicted because there's a million different video recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭clsmooth

And I only came on here tonight to see if there were any updates on Jon Jones' skinny legs..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Suggesting it is libellous however.

Not if not outright claiming he is, purely speculation on what's gotten into him said it couldn't be ruled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Are we allowed to criticise fighters now?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Worth pointing out that Dana said earlier in one of the videos:

"I don't know if he's on drugs or what his deal is..."

Can we really blame anyone for speculating about it when even his own employer is wondering the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Ah jaysus, you've clearly never met the lads from from the various estates around Dublin. They don't need any encouragement for that.

Honestly, he could've been on something, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't. The lads want to be OG, want to look like a posse who can get away with anything. McGregor's done this sort of stuff completely sober without thinking twice, he thinks it's a gang war between him and Khabib and not pulling the trigger on something like this would show weakness.

That's the mindset, there doesn't need to be drugs involved.

How do you know he done it sober?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

I wouldn't bank on it. Dana was livid.

Best of all solutions for Dana is if Conor gets sued to sh*t and has to go back fighting in the years to come to make back the money. Dana was interviewed earlier and he talked a lot about Conor getting sued after this.

how much is this going to cost him outside the lawsuits that are inevitable, reduced negotiating position with the UFC etc?
    no sponsor will want to touch him with that thug vid out there launching the trolley at the bus window.
    no more BK Whoppers for McNugget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

This. I always find it amusing when this happens that people start wondering how he could possibly do this... He's a ****ing thug, that's what he does, he breaks people and hurts people for living, it's why he's good at it.

It's hardly like people expected Tyson to be saint just because he came into the spotlight.

McGregor is McGregor, why are people expecting something different? You get what you see.

Hell, Ali was no saint either.

Stop expecting combat sport stars to be heroes or role models. They're not. The best ones out there are killers generally, the Diaz' and McGregors of the world.
    Max Holloway seems like a decent fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

The only person I feel sorry for in this situation is Axwell, he's gonna have a stroke when he logs back on and sees all these comments.

Not if not outright claiming he is, purely speculation on what's gotten into him said it couldn't be ruled out.

That's not how libel works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He's one of the biggest clowns in history.

Naos wrote: »
    How do you know he done it sober?

Fair point but you'd assume he was sober when threw those cans considering how much he's tested in and around events.

That's not how libel works...

Okay I'm not a reporter whoops :o

Gamb!t wrote: »

He's gas, I like him and his attitude, but he also lives a bit of a troubled life IIRC.

Not saying there's no role models btw, guys like Wonderkid etc.. but for me, the best of the best are absolutely violent, twisted men. So long as combat sports involve hurting your opponent to win and causing damage to another man to win, you'll always have that element.

If you want role models, go watch Rugby. ;)

this would have been the wiser (and cheaper) option :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Fair point but you'd assume he was sober when threw those cans considering how much he's tested in and around events.

Why? Why does it matter if coke shows up in his system a few days before a fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gamb!t wrote: »
    And Wonderboy
    Rose
    Stipe

There's a fair few decent human beings in there to be fair

• Advertisement

Worth pointing out that Dana said earlier in one of the videos:

"I don't know if he's on drugs or what his deal is..."

Can we really blame anyone for speculating about it when even his own employer is wondering the same thing?

Another silly move by Dana really.

Naos wrote: »
    Why? Why does it matter if coke shows up in his system a few days before a fight?

Huh? Are you being serious? :confused:

Maybe go ask Jon Jones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Surely if he's arrested for this his career is over, no more fighting in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Gintonious wrote: »
    Jaysis, imagine if Wonderfullife was still posting in here? He'd have a stroke.
    Why doest he post anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

I’ve heard rumours that the US can be quite litigious.

Yeah there will be suits in for mental trauma and PTSD and anything else you can think of.

Another silly move by Dana really.

I don't know if he's on drugs isn't a false statement surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Here lads can someone link McGregor's old boards account please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Huh? Are you being serious? :confused:

Maybe go ask Jon Jones...

you are allowed to take recreational drugs out of competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Michael Chiesa is fine, sounds like a scratch more than a cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Here lads can someone link McGregor's old boards account please?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=865565

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement