Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Honestly, how easy is it to actually sue someone living and based in another continent. McGregor would never be obliged to return to the US. So is there a fair chance he could 'get away with it financially'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Michael Chiesa is fine, sounds like a scratch more than a cut

He'll be picking glass out of his beard for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Michael Chiesa is fine, sounds like a scratch more than a cut

Handshake and a payoff from conor and itll be like nothing happened in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

.ak wrote: »
    Huh? Are you being serious? :confused:

Maybe go ask Jon Jones...

Yes, I am being serious. What is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

bur wrote: »
    you are allowed to take recreational drugs out of competition.

Fight week isn't out of competition....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Honestly, how easy is it to actually sue someone living and based in another continent. McGregor would never be obliged to return to the US. So is there a fair chance he could 'get away with it financially'?

I'd imagine he'll have a lot of assets in the US. No way he sent 100m back to aib. If he's sued that will be frozen until the case is over.

Naos wrote: »
    Yes, I am being serious. What is the issue?

Okay, sorry.

No, you can't test for cocaine in competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Tazzimus wrote: »
    And Wonderboy
    Rose
    Stipe

There's a fair few decent human beings in there to be fair

I'd wager the vast majority of them are thoroughly decent individuals.

john jones leaves actual drug paraphernalia at the scene of a potentially serious crash involving a then injured pregnant woman, he ****ed off and left a woman for dead as far as he knew at the time....and he fought again... he's been in and out more times than george michael in terms of the UFC ...and still he fought again... the only difference is here, Dana kinda kept alot of **** under the mat.

here it seems as though he's purposely trying to send a message to conor, you're done..notice he wasn't asked about drug influence, he actually didn't need to be prompted.I reckon it went sour with the UFC some time ago and his number was up. Conor knew he was finished and just thought he;d get closure on khabib being that he;ll never get him in the ring.

rusty cole wrote: »
    john jones leaves actual drug paraphernalia at the scene of a potentially serious crash involving a then injured pregnant woman, he ****ed off and left a woman for dead as far as he knew at the time....and he fought again... he's been in and out more times than george michael in terms of the UFC ...and still he fought again... the only difference is here, Dana kinda kept alot of **** under the mat.

here it seems as though he's purposely trying to send a message to conor, you're done..notice he wasn't asked about drug influence, he actually didn't need to be prompted.I reckon it went sour with the UFC some time ago and his number was up. Conor knew he was finished and just thought he;d get closure on khabib being that he;ll never get him in the ring.

I dunno, UFC have been keen to get McGregor back in the ring, using all sorts of tricks to force him into taking a deal.

More than likely they're strengthening their bargaining weight by throwing him under the bus... the bus he idiotically destroyed. Say they're delighted. Or will be once things settle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

From Aeriel Halwani

I just spoke to @TeamKhabib. Story coming.

Taste:

“I am laughing inside. You broke window? Why? Come inside. If you real gangster why don’t you come inside? This is big history gangster place. Brooklyn. You want to talk to me? Send me location. I am going to come. No problem.”

I dunno, UFC have been keen to get McGregor back in the ring, using all sorts of tricks to force him into taking a deal.

Such as?!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

“I am laughing inside. You broke window? Why? Come inside. If you real gangster why don’t you come inside? This is big history gangster place. Brooklyn. You want to talk to me? Send me location. I am going to come. No problem.”

I love how it's actually written in a Russian accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'd wager the vast majority of them are thoroughly decent individuals.

This. I've met tonnes of fighters and have had almost zero negative experiences. Even a fella like Masvidal, who you think might be a prick, was actually a gentleman.

yeah...what beaver says times 2 ???? explain, what tricks yo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wonder will embedded show conor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Okay, sorry.

No, you can't test for cocaine in competition.

Vast majority of fight week is out of competition, the antics you are referring to which Conor previously participated in were out of competition.

In-competition refers to the period commencing twelve hours before a competition
    in which the athlete is scheduled to participate through the end of the competition and the sample collection process related to the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

From Aeriel Halwani

I just spoke to @TeamKhabib. Story coming.

Taste:

Why not get off bus

dulux99 wrote: »
    This. I've met tonnes of fighters and have had almost zero negative experiences. Even a fella like Masvidal, who you think might be a prick, was actually a gentleman.

two words, john fitch....... dana cut him!!

khabib sounds like victor rosta from RED HEAT FFS!

Such as?!

Maybe tricks isn't the right word, but they've been very public about if Conor doesn't agree to a fight before X time then the Khabib v Tony fight is a belt decider, then closer to the fight confirmation they're taking his belt, basically doing everything to publically shame him into defending a belt.

• Advertisement

From the video that TMZ showed from inside the bus, looks like none of them had a clue what was going on until after the window was smashed. A very audible "it's McGregor, is Conor. What the **** is wrong with him?!"

Naos wrote: »
    Vast majority of fight week is out of competition, the antics you are referring to which Conor previously participated in were out of competition.

In-competition refers to the period commencing twelve hours before a competition
    in which the athlete is scheduled to participate through the end of the competition and the sample collection process related to the competition.

Huh, sorry, did not know that.

EDIT: Altho if there's cocaine still in his blood during the sample collection process is it not going to be a negative result?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Why not get off bus
    Probably cos there was 20+ of them I'd imagine, and he has a fight in a few days. One he'll be paid for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

rusty cole wrote: »

Big difference between the Jones car incident and what McGregor has done.

Jones's one was of pure stupidity but McGregor's is of intended agro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Probably cos there was 20+ of them I'd imagine, and he has a fight in a few days. One he'll be paid for.

And the driver had the doors locked...

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Such as?!

Bags of cocaine and fake Louis Vuitton watches on the ground, 25m apart, all the way from Crumlin to Las Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

And the driver had the doors locked...

Was this the same driver that was bringing you to the fight you told us book our flights to?

Maybe tricks isn't the right word, but they've been very public about if Conor doesn't agree to a fight before X time then the Khabib v Tony fight is a belt decider, then closer to the fight confirmation they're taking his belt, basically doing everything to publically shame him into defending a belt.

Absolute bluster. He hasn't fought in the UFC or come close to fighting in 18 months. They sacrificed the integrity (or what remained of it) of their organisation to allow him fight Mayweather so everyone could get paid. It's not about "publicly shaming" into anything.

The "Conor McGregor is such a martyr" line is one I never thought I'd hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Was this the same driver that was bringing you to the fight you told us book our flights to?

I never said I was going, I just said the fight was going to happen. And it was.

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Why not get off bus

Yeah, THAT'S the question everyone is asking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement